Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
We are not eating out.
I miss going to my favorite juice bar. I miss picking up take out when I don't want to cook dinner. But that is not a big deal, we have bigger issues in the world now.

If we are told to stay home and I can not walk my dogs and get out in nature that will be an issue for me personally.

“DENVER (KDVR) — There are currently 27 “presumptive positive” cases of the novel coronavirus, COVID-19, in Colorado.

In addition to Pitkin and Jefferson counties, Eagle, Gunnison, Denver and Arapahoe counties are included in the 10 total “presumptive positive” for the day. That brings the total number of presumptive positive cases to 27, with one indeterminate case that public health is acting on as a presumptive positive.“

Live Blog: Updates on coronavirus in Colorado

Australians should avoid panic testing for coronavirus unless they are a return traveller or have been in contact with someone with the respiratory illness and feel unwell, the country's chief medical officer says.

There are 112 confirmed cases of COVID-19 nation-wide, including three deaths, according to the Department of Health. This compares with 117,000 confirmed cases across the world and more than 4200 reported deaths.
Three women in their 20s and 30s who returned from Italy were today among the latest coronavirus cases in NSW.

The cases were confirmed as the Australian government issued a 'do not travel warning' for the country -alongside China, South Korea and Iran.
Aussies urged to avoid panic coronavirus testing

Something I've noticed on these threads, that I think speaks to what a big deal this virus thing is: I've noticed virtually no "duplicate" link postings. IME, that is very unusual in fast-moving threads of any topic here on WS. It seems like there's so much MSM available regarding the virus, that there's less of a chance of several people seeing and sharing the same article. IMO

Is there going to be the usual COVID-19 Task Force news conference today? If so, what time is it scheduled?
Would this prevent it?

Exclusive: White House told federal health agency to classify coronavirus deliberations - sources
The officials said that dozens of classified discussions about such topics as the scope of infections, quarantines and travel restrictions have been held since mid-January in a high-security meeting room at the Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), a key player in the fight against the coronavirus.

Hello all. Have mercy, this thread is moving lightening speed!

I’ve just been able to peruse the news a bit and see we’re finally able to call this the P word!

Wow, things are getting weird.

Wish I could say Santa Clara County has gotten their act together more, but alas, they have not yet. Public Health Department here (ah hem- I’m looking at you Dr Cody) has banned events of 1000 people or more, but is letting a conference of about 800-900 people continue on next week that my daughter must attend. Sigh. We’ll see what the next week brings.

I went to yoga today. For the first time I was incredibly uncomfortable with the crowd size and proximity to sweat. I’m bummed.... I’m going to have to seriously consider not going anymore :(@margarita25

If we are told to stay home and I can not walk my dogs and get out in nature that will be an issue for me personally.
I would be insane without my animals & fresh air.

Dirt under fingernails , crust around mouth , obvious unwashed hair , obvious disheveled appearance! ETC.
exactly, not hard for me to determine if I want a person handling my food/utensils/ or in close contact with me. I look, do they bite their nails, play with their dirt hair, have zits, dirty/unkempt uniforms?

If I were you, I'd try to have a heart-to-heart with your coworker (from a safe distance lol) about the risk to children not only from COVID but any cold/flu.

If they aren't amenable to the idea of staying home, I would talk to your supervisor about your (VERY justified) concern for the children's safety. If that doesn't work, perhaps get in touch with your local health dept.

Discreet video of her coughing on/near children, not washing her hands for evidence for your employer/health dept.

Wednesday, March 11

2:10 p.m.: Metropolitan State University of Denver announced it will move classes online by March 30. Moving to a full implementation for remote teaching and learning would be complete by then. Classes would likely not be held on campus for the remainder of the semester, MSU said. The university was also holding a town hall meeting at 3 p.m. Wednesday to address the coronavirus and prevention efforts. The town hall can be viewed here. MSU said gatherings of 150 people or more will be canceled on campus, including an open house event this weekend.

2 p.m.: President Trump says he plans to deliver a prime-time address to the nation on Wednesday to discuss the federal response to COVID-19.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average finished down more than 1,400 points Wednesday over coronavirus fears and closed in a bear market, according to experts.

1:39 p.m.: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is awarding $9.8 million in funds to Colorado as part of a $560 million package to support a COVID-19 response nationwide, the Department of Health and Human Services announced Wednesday.

[...]

“Colorado received $500,000 in initial funding and the dispersal of the remaining $9.3 million is underway, according to HHS.”

Coronavirus in Colorado: COVID-19 cases, locations and live updates across the state

I read one stock analyst talk about it and they mentioned an interesting point. They said something along these lines.
We usually can guarantee the stock market to go back up eventually, and it most likely will be fine in the long run, but what makes this Virus impact on the stock market so unique this time is we do not yet know the full impacts of the Virus. So until the full effects of the Virus are fully known how it will ultimately effect the people of the world, then this time, the stocks may not stabilize until those effects are known and proven.
BBM

I agree. We are in uncharted territory and it will be a bumpy ride. Those of us who are retired and counting on investment income are keeping a close eye on things, as everyone should be. We talked this morning to our guy who handles our investments for us. He sounded exhausted and a little shell-shocked as we all are, and agrees with our inclination to ride it for now. But he told us a number of his clients told him to sell everything and get out of the stock market. He can advise, but not control, and everyone has a different situation and risk tolerance, of course. He lives and works in Manhattan (long story since we live in Oregon) and will be taking his family to their cabin in the Poconos so he can work from there (he said he installed high speed internet, fortunately). When I asked, he said a colleague lives in New Rochelle...Ugh! I would not want to be in that line of work right now. The stress is considerable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C-Kane