Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally feel vindicated about self isolating. This is insane and it will get worse.
I hear ya @Oregonmama . I did emergency shopping and self-isolation three weeks ago. Got teased a lot, but held fast. This epidemic will indeed get worse after the U.S. finally gets its act together and begins authentic testing. It is not difficult to be prepared. Just do it.

CBS News Evacuates in New York After Two Employees Test Positive for Coronavirus

CBS News President Susan Zirinskyadvised employees in New York to work remotely for at least two days after two employees at its production facilities tested positive for coronavirus. Employees who came into contact with the two people in question have been asked to self-quarantine and remain away from the offices for 14 days, the executive said.”

—-

Coronavirus NY Update: NCAA bans fans from March Madness; CUNY, SUNY to cancel in-person classes

“Cuomo said there are now 212 cases in New York with more than half in Westchester County.”

•National Guard to arrive in New Rochelle, Westchester County

Olympic organisers have insisted the Tokyo Games will go ahead as planned in July, despite the sharp spike in Covid‑19 cases across the globe.

Yoshiro Mori, the Tokyo 2020 Olympics chief, said his team were not considering changing plans for the Games – and that a board member who had suggested a delay because of the coronavirus had apologised.

Coronavirus live updates: WHO declares Covid-19 a pandemic while Italy death toll jumps by 196

Wish we still had the banging head against a wall emoji. They need to put people’s lives and safety before $$$$. They need to do the right thing and postpone the games. How can they go ahead with the world in crisis?

Normalcy bias is a psychological state of denial people enter in the event of a disaster, as a result of which they underestimate the possibility of the disaster actually happening, and its effects on their life and property. Their denial is based on the assumption that if the disaster has not occurred until now, it will never occur.

So 20% that would need hospitalization would be somewhere around 15 to 30 million.

And at 1% mortality rate - a minimum of 700,000 deaths.

Someone double check my math!!

Because those numbers would just be for the US, and based on the lower end of 70 million, and a mortality rate of 1%.

So based on the information provided so far - 700,000 deaths is a
best case scenario???

Absolutely the worst “flu” I’ve ever seen.....

Your math is correct. And like you said that is using his lowest estimates:

The double check on the math....

"he expects anywhere from 70 million up to 150 million people in the U.S. to contract coronavirus."

So take lowest number that 70,000,000 end up getting it.

And if we go with the often reported 20% would get really sick and most of those need hospitalization, that = 70,000,000 X 0.20 = 14,000,000 or
14 million people getting seriously ill from it

And if we go with the lowest death rate of 1% , we have 70,000,000 X 0.01 = 700,000 people can die.

Yeah, your numbers are accurate.

Oh no! Is your restaurant large, as in seating capacity? I was wondering if a restaurant can seat 300, will they need to seat less at once, eventually?
This is definitely going to reduce tips/number of hours for the food industry.
I was also thinking about hotels.....we know the pillows and bedspreads are used for weeks without being washed.
As if bedbugs are not enough.....lol.
Seating capacity is 100-150. During the week it’s not at capacity, but on the weekends it is, with a 30-45 minute wait and people standing EVERYWHERE. *shudder*

the President of the company I work for just said" I don't know why everyone is so worked up this is exactly like the flu " .....unbelievable!

My husband's boss said similar. His mil was just tested for COVID-19 this morning. She has all the symptoms and his family has been around her repeatedly. I'm wondering if his views have changed now....She also works around tons of people in the public (airport shuttle driver). Seattle is a mess!

Last edited:
Seating capacity is 100-150. During the week it’s not at capacity, but on the weekends it is, with a 30-45 minute wait and people standing EVERYWHERE. *shudder*
Lol, can you wear a mask, or hazmat/body condom over uniform? Be careful, stay as far away from everyone as possible. Let us know how it goes. I wonder if a lot of restaurants might close. If they are losing biz, they will have spoilage. Some might limit hours or decide it’s not worth it.

Sigh to everything! I really wish more ppl prepared for this and that includes our government. I am tired of both parties fighting each other over it because it is not the time to do that. I also feel a little selfish that we have all the necessities at our home while others are just figuring out the devastation that will come in all aspects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mutations