Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are not eating out.
I miss going to my favorite juice bar. I miss picking up take out when I don't want to cook dinner. But that is not a big deal, we have bigger issues in the world now.

If we are told to stay home and I can not walk my dogs and get out in nature that will be an issue for me personally.
I am basically SIP, made a grocery store run today, but am set for a long time now...if I need anything I will do an online order/pickup...but I still walk my dog every day...just remember social distancing and don't touch anything...we have woods and a church behind us, so I go around that ...I also spray down everything with Lysol when I come back in (like my keys and leash) and wash my hands vigorously. If I see anyone, I stay a good distance away. I did hear the fresh air is good for you and to air your house out when possible. Also regarding eating out...(not that I will) but supposedly the safest bet if you absolutely have to is go to a drive thru window and don't set foot inside.

Coronavirus - the full list of flight cancellations from UK airports
05:00, 11 MAR 2020
''Airline customers have been warned to check that their flights are still going ahead following huge numbers of cancellations at UK airports.

The move comes as the total number of coronavirus cases in the UK passed 370.

As a result, many holidaymakers are at risk of being sorely disappointed as their flights abroad could be or may already have been cancelled.

The Foreign Office has said travellers should not to travel to parts of China, South Korea and northern Italy, but now airlines are cancelling flights all around the world.''

So here’s a list of the cancellations and restrictions that we are aware of so far. Be aware that these may change.

Air France has suspended flights to mainland China, Hong Kong, and Taipei. The airline has also reduced its flights across Europe by 25 per cent and their trips to Italy by 50 per cent.

American Airlines has suspended flights to China and Hong Kong until October 24. Customers have the chance to cancel, reschedule, change or delay their trips to South Korea, China, Hong Kong, and Italy.

British Airways has cancelled all flights to and from Italy until at least April 4 due to the lockdown of the entirety of Italy.

Delta Air Lines has suspended all flights to China until the end of April and reduced the services to South Korea and Japan, and a number of flights to Italy have been cancelled.

EasyJet is cancelling the majority of its flights to northern Italy. These include flights to Milan Malpensa, Milan Linate, Venice and Verona airports. It will continue to review this procedure until April 3.

Etihad Airways has temporarily suspended all flights between Abu Dhabi and Saudi Arabia, on the request by the Saudi General Authority for Civil Aviation to prevent the spread of coronavirus.

Emirates has told customers that their flights may change at short notice to comply with regulatory directives or operational requirements. The airline is also working under travel restrictions.

Jet2 has cancelled all of their flights to Italy. They are currently contacting customers who have flown to Italy to arrange flights home.

Cancelled flights include Rome, Naples, Pisa, Venice, Verona and Turin and they will remain cancelled until at least April 26.

KLM has suspended flights to certain Chinese cities until May and has reduced flights to Hong Kong by half. It is also looking at cancelling flights to Italy.

Lufthansa Group will continue to cancel flights to mainland China until April 24. This affects flights to Beijing, Shanghai, Nanjing, Shenyang and Qingdao.

Norwegian has announced it is cancelling around 3,000 flights between now and mid-June and has advised customers to stay up-to-date if they are set to fly with them.

RyanAir has made further cuts to its flights to and from Italy until at least April 8 in response to the government placing the country on lockdown.

The company has also suspended all Italian domestic flights to/from Bergamo, Malpensa, Parma, and Treviso.

Ryanair says it will run "a severely reduced schedule of international flights to/from Bergamo, Malpensa, Venice, Parma, Rimini and Treviso, which will only operate on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays.”

Virgin Atlantic has place travel restrictions for anyone who has been to the affected area. Those who have will not be allowed to fly to Grenada, Antigua and Barbuda, India, Hong Kong, Jamaica, St Lucia, Israel, Trinidad and Tobago, or the US. They have also suspended Heathrow-Shanghai operations as of February 1.

Wizz Airlines has cancelled all flights to and from Italy until April 3 while the country is on lockdown.

A statement by the Foreign Office says: “The FCO advise against all but essential travel to Italy, due to an ongoing outbreak of coronavirus (Covid-19) and in line with various controls and restrictions imposed by the Italian authorities on March 9.”

Last time I went to Bojangles, the drive thru lady got me with her extra long pointed fingernails.
(Khloé Kardashian style)
If I smell something funky - I don’t stick around. But then I’m considered weird because I look at restaurant inspection scores posted on walls as well as elevator certificates.
Lol good thing we aren’t going to dinner, it’d take all day for us to find a suitable place.

Random thought:
-sunglasses, think about it. You push them up on your head when you go into a store, walk out and put them back down.
Cellphones!! I was looking at everyone in Panera today and they were hands to food and hands to phone and or laptop. Phone goes on table and back in hand. I’ve been wiping mine down as often as possible.

lso regarding eating out...(not that I will) but supposedly the safest bet if you absolutely have to is go to a drive thru window and don't set foot inside.

Still we have no idea if the person/s preparing and handling our food is sick or not. Fortunately for me, I’m not a fast food junkie it repulses me, so drive thru dining isn’t part of my life.

I've just been informed my daughter is in ICU at UT southwestern in full DKA ( she's diabetic) so I have to go there she said there are people waiting to be tested in the LOBBY per the nurse she talked to in intake WTF! I'm suiting up and terrifies for her shes 5'11 and not much over 115 lbs!

sending hugs

Last time I went to Bojangles, the drive thru lady got me with her extra long pointed fingernails.
(Khloé Kardashian style)
If I smell something funky - I don’t stick around. But then I’m considered weird because I look at restaurant inspection scores posted on walls as well as elevator certificates.

long nails + food industry should be a NO.

Sigh to everything! I really wish more ppl prepared for this and that includes our government. I am tired of both parties fighting each other over it because it is not the time to do that. I also feel a little selfish that we have all the necessities at our home while others are just figuring out the devastation that will come in all aspects
Don't feel selfish! You did the RIGHT thing. I applaud you!

Got onions in bulk and they are outstanding. However, I just think rice is a good substitute for potatoes when the potatoes supply has dwindled. Plan B thinking and all that.
Think about adding some sweet potatoes to your shopping list. And maybe a parsley plant. I figure if it comes down to it and I’m afraid to go by fresh vegetables because someone may have coughed on them I can at least eat some parsley from my garden it stays green all year.

I feel like I'm doubly screwed. One of my jobs is at a restaurant. Granted, I work from home most of the time, but I do have to go there twice a week. I cringe every time I walk in.

Another of my jobs...we staff events and are supposed to fly out to Virginia next month for a VERY large event. I am waiting to hear that it's cancelled, but so far nothing yet. As much as I NEED that money, I cannot see myself going.

If its Something In the Water event...well...there is a lot of talk now about cancelling or rescheduling it.....maybe you won't have to worry about it! I live in the area and I forsee it being postponed....MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member