Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m older and have high blood pressure and asthma. I will jump at the chance to work from home instead of my office building where people are coughing and sneezing and touching everything.

What I find interesting about this "tele work" is that where I work only the most favored "pets" were allowed to telework. It was considered a status symbol.

Now, we are told that if we go home for quarantine, pretty much, telework is expected. No thanks, I would rather have sick pay...but wait, you don't get sick pay, because you are not sick!

My personal opinion of that in the words of the esteemed Colonel Potter..."Horse Puckey".

Australia - Three Formula One team members have been placed into isolation ahead of the Melbourne Grand Prix after showing symptoms of coronavirus.

One member from McLaren and two from team Haas were evaluated at Albert Circuit's isolation unit after presenting with fever.

The trio were tested for coronavirus and placed under self isolation at their hotels after showing symptoms, their teams confirmed.
F1 team members in isolation over coronavirus fears ahead of Melbourne GP

I've seen zinc recommended a few times in this thread...

DO NOT TAKE ZINC WILLY NILLY!!

I can't stress this enough

Zinc can be helpful in small doses but you can easily overdo it, which depresses your immune system and makes it more likely that you will be infected.

15mg once if you think you are getting sick is ok, it's what my doc recommends, but if you want to take more, don't take it everyday and not for more than a week.

Florida- Cluster of cases linked to Cruise Port
in Ft. Lauderdale. 3 port employees positive.
This is same employer that VP Pence visited
last Sat. and held a press conference before
the cases were announced.
Was this a 'pre-emptive' visit to help cruise lines?
Today, Pence announces extra efforts being made by Cruise Lines to make cruising safe.
Why is our elected leader here giving positive
PR for private corp. already hit by virus?

Cluster of Florida Coronavirus Cases Linked to Same Cruise Port - BNN Bloomberg

Reuters: BEIJING CITY REPORTS 6 NEW CONFIRMED CASES OF CORONAVIRUS ON MARCH 10 - STATE MEDIA

Reuters: BEIJING'S NEW CONFIRMED CASES OF CORONAVIRUS IMPORTED FROM ITALY, UNITED STATES - STATE MEDIA

Reuters: MAINLAND CHINA REPORTS 24 NEW CONFIRMED CASES OF CORONAVIRUS ON MARCH 10 VS 19 ON MARCH 9

Reuters: MAINLAND CHINA REPORTS 22 NEW CORONAVIRUS DEATHS ON MARCH 10 VS 17 ON MARCH 9

Vincent Lee on Twitter

Australia- There’s only one way to slow the rapid spread of COVID-19: avoiding each other. Now the virus is “loose” in Sydney, it is past time to take drastic, necessary action.

Shut schools. Cancel events. Slow people down. Now. Our medical workers ability to save us depends on it. A fortnight ago, Italy was in a very similar position to our own.

It quickly shut down flights to and from China. It isolated patients. It tracked down their contacts. Its government was loud in its confidence it had the virus contained. Meanwhile, COVID-19 was already quietly spreading out of control.

It had a trick: it takes an average of five days before a victim begins to cough and feel symptoms. But, during much of those five days, that victim is infecting others.
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/coronavirus-five-days-before-virus-tidal-wave-hits-australia/news-story/f56d8e6804075bc07f699d62229e48de

March 11 (Reuters) - Manchester City's English Premier League home match against Arsenal on Wednesday has been postponed because players from the London club have had contact with the owner of Greek side Olympiakos, who has contracted the coronavirus.

Reuters: "The decision to postpone tonight's game has been taken as a precautionary measure on medical advice, after it emerged that personnel from Arsenal FC have come into contact with the Olympiacos owner Evangelos Marinakis, who has been named as a positive case of COVID-19."

Vincent Lee on Twitter

Last edited:
Olympic official to raise possibility of delaying Tokyo games

A member of the Japanese Olympic organizing committee plans to propose that the committee consider the possibility of postponing the 2020 Tokyo Olympics at talks next month.

According to Japanese media, organizing committee executive member Haruyuki Takahashi, said in a phonecall:

“In light of the reality, we have to respond accordingly.”

Coronavirus latest news: British woman, 53, dies in Bali after contracting Covid-19

I really don’t see how they can go ahead as planned this summer.

@Tbone144 , I’m in the last thread and just got a giggle reading your post about “being being sure to have salsa, that in case you get stuck eating beans, at least it will have some flavor”. :D

This is sooo true, as I’m already rationing and eating poor man’s tacos. I was dyyying for some kind of salsa yesterday and really kicked myself for not getting more things like that. I was so focused on basic items I didn’t think much about the accessories. But the good thing is I have lots of spices. As I said earlier, I’ve already maximized my financial resources, and next time I get food it will likely be via delivery as I’ve already initiated my seclusion.

But yes, advice to those shopping, don’t forget some spice, or garlic bulbs, etc. as I mentioned yesterday.

I had my husband pick up a couple of pounds of garlic over a week ago. I had a cold and eat masses of garlic then. lol I started with a list of basics too but then moved to bulk spices and things like lots of salsa etc. Yesterday at the store I was picking up extra chips, pretzels and then pudding and jello packets for my kids. I think our next shopping trip is going to be figuring out online shopping more. I might be in my early 40's but I seriously haven't figured out getting groceries delivered yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gwg3232