Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just spoke with a wonderful friend in Italy. She says there's no work for her except for what she can do at home. Only one family member is allowed to go to the local grocer at a time. If more than one person is out, they are stopped by police. Local shops are delivering when people order. They are taking this very seriously and feel slightly isolated (humans are such social creatures) but in good spirits. She has no trouble getting masks and healthcare is free (Well they pay with taxes).

European Union says it was not consulted on Trump's coronavirus travel ban

European Union leaders on Thursday criticized President Donald Trump's decision to restrict travel from 26 European nations, and said that they were not consulted beforehand.

"The coronavirus is a global crisis, not limited to any continent and it requires cooperation rather than unilateral action," said a joint statement from Ursula von der Leyen and Charles Michel, presidents of the European Commission and European Council respectively.

"The European Union disapproves of the fact that the U.S. decision to impose a travel ban was taken unilaterally and without consultation," they added. "The European Union is taking strong action to limit the spread of the virus."

Coronavirus updates live: U.S. slaps travel restrictions on most of Europe
If the EU is truly taking “strong action” to limit the spread in their countries, they don’t want folks moving all over the place either. Though I suppose the more people that come to the US and Canada, the less they have to cope with in their health care systems in Europe.

I’m in health care and not even a huge handshaker as a general rule. It seems to me, just watching people over the last couple of weeks, that hand shaking itself is so ingrained and automatic that it’s sort of like touching our faces. We do it without really processing that we’re doing it. Mind you, I’ve consciously stopped shaking hands, but many even in health care are still doing so. I really wish folks would pay attention to this and STOP.

What gets me about it is all the infected ministers, leaders and politicians that have been infected to date...you think people would learn something about that...not only that, if they are leading people, they should be setting positive examples and encouraging safe practices, moo.

I know it’s hard. I used to like to shake hands too.

For a politician, shaking hands is part of the job description.

Contradictory and self-congratulatory as per. Not surprised people don't feel reassured.
The virus has already proved it is bigger than any nation, prepared and resilient or not.

Odd, I percieved the information provided completely differently. It seemed to me, that finally our government was getting it together, and providing information.

Not political. Just stating that the President finally acknowledged to the people that this is happening. This message may get people to take this situation more seriously.

Guy infected with covid flew from NY to Florida.
"The person across the way from me was taken to the back of the plane. He was wearing masks and gloves. His wife was sitting in the same row as me and mentioned to others that he wasn't feeling well. She said he had gotten a phone call with his test results right before we had taken off, implying that he had a positive test but not actually saying it," passenger Scott Rodman told WPTV."
JetBlue passenger on flight from JFK arrives in Palm Beach as positive coronavirus case: officials

It’s sooo crazy looking back on China now knowing this is about to happen to us...I think that’s what scares me the most about all this, those videos I watched...

(Remember when I would do all nighters on YouTube watching Wuhan videos? :eek: And I got stuck in YouTube land and @dixiegirl1035 had to rescue me? :eek: )

—-

Omg...will they be busting out all the sprayers....ugh....lesser of the two evils
Will they? I am more scared that they are going to tell us to keep working and going on with our daily lives and that it is just the flu and it will pass. Nothing to worry about, lets keep that economy going. Who needs test kits? It will go away.

Guy infected with covid flew from NY to Florida.
"The person across the way from me was taken to the back of the plane. He was wearing masks and gloves. His wife was sitting in the same row as me and mentioned to others that he wasn't feeling well. She said he had gotten a phone call with his test results right before we had taken off, implying that he had a positive test but not actually saying it," passenger Scott Rodman told WPTV."
JetBlue passenger on flight from JFK arrives in Palm Beach as positive coronavirus case: officials

How breathtakingly selfish :(

This is why he shut down the NBA....sounds like he broke quarantine....

Many people who have been in contact w/ someone who tested positive have been told to isolate themselves for 14 days. Gobert played in 7 games in the last 14 days against Toronto (3/9), Detroit (3/7), Boston (3/6), Knicks (3/4), Cleveland (3/2), Washington (2/28) & Boston (2/26).
Tisha Thompson on Twitter

So he knew he was supposed to be in isolation and played in 7 games and is the player on record has deliberately touching all the reporters mics etc??

Not political

My husband had an interesting perspective, that our current government may have quite a shake up, since most of the people in the Senate, Congress, are in the age range for morbidity. Game changer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321