Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guy infected with covid flew from NY to Florida.
"The person across the way from me was taken to the back of the plane. He was wearing masks and gloves. His wife was sitting in the same row as me and mentioned to others that he wasn't feeling well. She said he had gotten a phone call with his test results right before we had taken off, implying that he had a positive test but not actually saying it," passenger Scott Rodman told WPTV."
JetBlue passenger on flight from JFK arrives in Palm Beach as positive coronavirus case: officials

Did this guy get on a freaking plane while waiting for test results!??!?

The United States is screwed. There is no way we could handle a nationwide lockdown.

ikr

Yes it is a similar type of thing as trying to stop touching ones face. Except it can be almost harder to stop because now there is the added pressure when someone extends their hand to shake your hand, you feel obliged to reciprocate and shake their hand because we dont want to reject the person.

Remember in grade school the joke we would play on each other where you would offer to someone "Slap me Five" and then before they can do it, you quickly pull your hand back and say "Gotcha". Well, I did that to someone as they were trying to shake my hand the other day (without the "Gotcha") LOL :)

Yeah this brings me back to what I’ve been thinking a lot about and that’s the NBA. How close their contact is on the court. Lots of hi-fives and lots of falling and breathing all over each other, traveling together, locker rooms, etc. etc.

I’ll be really surprised and relieved to hear that the rest of the Jazz tests negative. But I am certainly not expecting it. We knoooooow how highly highly contagious this is.

Last edited:
The United States is screwed. There is no way we could handle a nationwide lockdown.

We're all a bit screwed in one way or another. Aside from physical illness and pressure on healthcare services, the worldwide economic and social after-effects of this virus will be devastating.

Last edited:
Mass events ban likely in bid to combat virus

Gatherings of more than 500 people should be cancelled from next week, the Scottish government is advising.

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said this was to free up emergency services, including police and ambulance crews, to deal with coronavirus.

She added that it was not necessary to close schools and universities yet, but added that would remain under review.

Last edited:
more talk:

__

VP Pence is "still shaking hands" amid virus outbreak

US Vice President Mike Pence told CNN's New Day it was "all hands on deck" as the country tackles the coronavirus outbreak.

And that includes handshakes, it seems.

Pence said that he was "still shaking hands here at the White House," despite leaders around the world advising social distancing to help stem the flow of the virus.

"I'm also washing my hands regularly," added Pence, as per advice from health experts.
"We're all in this together," said Pence, adding, "We're going to work our hearts out to keep the number of people contracting this disease low."

Live updates: Coronavirus US travel ban hits 26 European countries - CNN
So... who's third in line for the presidency? Pelosi?

17,025 per day.....see attached....

updated our data on total #coronavirus testing capacity in U.S. Remember, our figures for total capacity do not reflect the actual number of tests being performed, but the number of patients who could potentially be screened daily if every lab were testing at maximum capacity...

Scott Gottlieb, MD on Twitter

Attachments

• IMG_20200312_092543.jpg
    IMG_20200312_092543.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 5
Usher for 2 Broadway shows tests positive for coronavirus

A part-time employee of two New York City theater groups who recently worked at Broadway shows has tested positive for coronavirus.

The employee — an usher who works for both the Shubert and Nederlander Organizations — is currently under quarantine.

The individual most recently worked at Shubert’s Booth Theatre Tuesday through Friday of last week during performances of "Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf."

The person also worked at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre on Feb. 25 and March 1 when it was showing the musical "SIX." The Brooks Atkinson Theatre has been deep cleaned.

The two shows are continuing with performances.

“This evening’s performances of Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf at the Booth, SIX at the Brooks Atkinson, and all other Broadway shows have determined they will continue as scheduled – any ticketholder that prefers to attend a future performance will be provided the opportunity for an exchange at the point of purchase,” the companies said in a statement.

Live updates: Coronavirus US travel ban hits 26 European countries - CNN

HI guys Daughter is OK for now she is on a heart monitor and breathing funny, but in good hands, woke up this morning to the news we have a case in Irving 50 year old man in a Dallas hospital, I'm hoping its not UT Southwestern, I cant get much more freaked out than I am now but that would do it .

Great news to hear your daughter is ok for now. Best wishes for her speedy recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissHalle