Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thu 12 Mar 2020 13.37 GMT
Coronavirus live updates: Ireland closes all schools and universities
Here’s a summary of another busy day on the coronavirus front.

People should still be going out to eat at restaurants, Mayor Bill de Blasio said in a press conference about the new coronavirus on Wednesday — emphasizing that the virus “does not transmit through food and drink.””
no but every other aspect of dining out is a risk, at least for me. Unless I’m going to a five star, I need to touch the door, the menus, then worry about people next to me, my waiter, the chef, possibly unclean utensils or dishes, etc., etc. nah, I’ll eat at home.

Just like @gitana1 has been nervous about potential poop fumes at the park restroom, I’ve been worried about my Uber rides, considering Denver community spread. So many of their trips are airport related, we’ve had an infected DIA worker, etc. etc...

Again you do the best you can.

Omg I just remembered something I thought was cool...who was the teacher stuck in Wuhan that @dixiegirl1035 I think it was had a crush on?

Anyway, when he was asked on a live YT stream during Wuhan lockdown if he was scared/nervous (paraphrasing), he said no because there’s no use in worrying, because then if you DO end up getting CV it’s like you’ve worried twice.

(reference re: Colorado spread:
“One reported case was a Denver International Airport maintenance worker. Nine of those alone were in Pitkin County, and Polis called that area a "hot spot."

"We can confirm community spread in the high country," Polis said. "A single person can spread this virus to tens, dozens of individuals."

He also said that community spread is suspected in the Denver metro area, and that other states saw "stealth" spread before larger numbers of cases were reported.

"(Public health officials advised me that) we are likely on the verge of a tipping point where we will likely see more community spread in the days and weeks ahead," he said.

Resort and mountain communities will be hit hardest first, Polis said. They have "limited surge capacity." The governor advises that people over 60 or with chronic health avoid unnecessary travel to high country outbreak areas and attending large public events.”

Colorado Ramps Up Coronavirus Response As Reported Cases Double In One Day, High Country Becomes ‘Hot Spot’

(There goes my bright idea of retreating into the mountain towns...)
)

Last edited:
Stock trading paused for 15 minutes

US stocks sold off sharply for the second straight day after President Trump banned European travel to the United States. Wall Street investors are worried about the scale of the coronavirus pandemic and its economic consequences.

Shortly after the opening, trading was halted because the S&P 500 dropped more than 7%. Trading will stop for 15 minutes.

The Dow opened 7.4%, or 1,750 points, lower. The Nasdaq Composite fell 6.9%.

Live updates: Coronavirus US travel ban hits 26 European countries - CNN

LOWNDES CO., Ga. (WALB) - Moody Air Force Base leadership has been notified by the Georgia Department of Public Health that an employee at the base dining facility has tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19) infection.

As a result, the DFAC temporarily closed for health and safety precautionary measures and sanitization, with a planned re-opening of the dining facility for breakfast at 6 a.m., March 12.

In response, Moody has declared a public health emergency and changed its Health Protection Condition (HPCON) level to B.

Moody AFB announces Coronavirus case

No one is getting it, no one understands. We need Dr. Fauci to get on a national TV SPECIAL REPORT, just like the President last night, and explain the virus and how highly contagious it is.
I know people that refuse to listen to any novel C news. They claim they are tired of hearing about it 24/7, they act like ignoring it means it doesn’t exist. I think they are really terrified and cope by not listening. One couple lives very close to me, so I see them when I walk, both have poor health. But they are living only a few miles from an area with many in quarantine visited by home health......SMH

Italian cardiologist says surgical department has been shut down to make room for coronavirus patients

The head of an Italian cardiac surgery department said the coronavirus outbreak has forced his department to suspend operations to make room for coronavirus patients.

Dr. Lorenzo A. Menicanti, the head of cardiac surgery department at IRCCS Policlinico San Donato in Milan, said cardiac surgery has been "completely shut down" — except for pediatric cases.

"The big, big issue is the cardiac surgery for adults. It is completely shut down," he said.

He added:

"So it's really an uneasy situation for us, for the patient, for the hospital, because to stop so large a program of cardiac surgery is really difficult because we have to think that after that we have to reopen all things and sometimes not so evident."

Live updates: Coronavirus US travel ban hits 26 European countries - CNN

ready America?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members