Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So... who's third in line for the presidency? Pelosi?

Present line of succession:

1 Vice President Mike Pence (R)
2 Speaker of the House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi (D)
3 President Pro Tempore of the Senate Chuck Grassley (R)
4 Secretary of State Mike Pompeo (R)

_

In two weeks, we will regret wasting time and energy on travel restrictions and wish we focused more on hospital preparation and large scale community mitigation.
Thomas P. Bossert on Twitter
YES. YES. YES. And while we're pondering that, let's remember to show gratitude for sacrifices we are expecting the young to make for us, when we, the older generations, didn't build the infrastructure that could have mitigated this. Closing school is no small thing for the young, who only get to be young once.

Who was it I/we heard say the other day “South Africa might still have a chance...” I can’t remember...
That's over now....
Present line of succession:

1 Vice President Mike Pence (R)
2 Speaker of the House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi (D)
3 President Pro Tempore of the Senate Chuck Grassley (R)
4 Secretary of State Mike Pompeo (R)

_

Imagine, this would be our first woman president!?!
I will refrain from commenting to this lineup.... :cool:

BTW so the nurse made fun of me for having a mask and gloves on last night . I was not amused.

My daughter is still occassionally riding the subway to Manhattan and says that NO ONE wears a mask. She feels funny putting one on. I told her to at least put a scarf around her mouth and nose.

Where are all the mask hoarders and why aren't you wearing them!!?!?

People need to understand that we are surrounded by people just like this. Selfish and without one iota of care that he knowingly flew with pending test results (and that’s best case... it’s entirely possible he got the results and chose to not say anything and let the plane take off anyway!). You cannot count on people caring that they’re out there knowingly infecting others. Lots simply do not care.
I almost think some feel angry they have it, and intend to spread it. Any of us can lie if we want to travel & say “no symptoms here.” How many Xs a day is a positive person knowingly making that flight home?

HI guys Daughter is OK for now she is on a heart monitor and breathing funny, but in good hands, woke up this morning to the news we have a case in Irving 50 year old man in a Dallas hospital, I'm hoping its not UT Southwestern, I cant get much more freaked out than I am now but that would do it .
Prayers are on the way, sloane, for you and your family.....We care.........moo

Coronavirus: EU condemns Trump travel ban as Ireland shuts schools
''There are now nearly 128,000 cases of coronavirus worldwide and more than 4,700 people have died, according to the Johns Hopkins university tracker.

Almost 7,000 cases were reported globally on Wednesday, far surpassing the average daily number reported in China during the virus’s initial peak. Italy saw the sharpest increase, accounting for a third of all new cases.

In other developments:

• Spain became Europe’s second-worst-affected country with 2,277 cases and 55 deaths. Every member of the Spanish cabinet is being tested for the coronavirus after the country’s equality minister, Irene Montero, tested positive. Her partner, the deputy prime minister, Pablo Iglesias, is in quarantine.

• Austria will suspend teaching at its schools from next Wednesday, although working parents will still have the opportunity to drop off children for supervision, the chancellor, Sebastian Kurz, announced.

• Iran’s health ministry said the the virus had killed 75 more people, raising the death toll to 429 with more than 10,000 confirmed cases. Iran has asked for an emergency $5bn (£4bn) loan from the International Monetary Fund to combat the outbreak.

• India, which has reported 73 cases, has barred all foreign tourists for one month starting on Friday, including foreign nationals of Indian origin.
China, where the outbreak originated, said the peak had passed as it reported just eight new cases in Hubei province on Thursday. More businesses reopened as authorities cautiously eased containment measures.''

Finally....

In response to reader demand, and also because it is obviously the right thing to do, NY Times has lifted the paywall on coronavirus coverage, including our map of known cases in the U.S. U.S. Coronavirus Cases Surpass 1,000: Full Map

Wow!!!!!!!

:happydance: !!!!!!!

Thank you NYT! That ROCKS!!!

Now if only Los Angeles Times and Washington Post would do the same thing, but this is a great start! This is exciting!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20200312_093614.png
    IMG_20200312_093614.png
    58 KB · Views: 1
US does not have a system in place to test like foreign counties, lawmakers told

Several members emerged from a House briefing on the coronavirus pandemic saying that they were told that tests would increase — but that the briefers acknowledged that the US system is trying to catch up to other countries like South Korea.

“I don’t think anyone is going to leave that briefing satisfied with what’s going on with testing right now," Democrat Rep. Mike Quigley said. "Bottom line, you leave that briefing and we are not where we need to be and not sure when we are going to get there. We are flying blind.” He added: “I think the first thing they said was we don’t have a system that works like it does in other countries to adequately test at this time."

Rep. Jan Schawkowsky said that they were told 7,300 tests have been conducted by the public sector and 3,800 tests by private labs.

“I think everyone leaving that briefing is feeling more confused than ever and disappointed in the numbers that we heard — that we really don’t have a system that tests are being distributed and tests are being given,” Schakowsky said.

Live updates: Coronavirus US travel ban hits 26 European countries - CNN

St Patrick’s Festival cancels indoor events over coronavirus containment, while MCD and others cancel gigs

THE ST PATRICK’S Festival has announced the cancellation of its festival cultural programme, which it had been planned to run over the weekend.

The cultural programme included indoor events that had been deemed safe to date, as well as many events that are presented by external partners of the festival.

Many of these events had been planned for this holiday weekend, despite the cancellation by the government of all St Patrick’s Day parades last Monday.

In a statement this afternoon, the St Patrick’s Festival said it had taken the decision to cancel these events in line with the wider actions being taken in response to the constantly changing nature of the coronavirus global health crisis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SierraShadow2139125