Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How breathtakingly selfish :(
We can see it that way. Or we can see that people have limited options sometimes. That there are limited resources and supports and infrastructure for how we live our lives in a crisis. I think we are better off with goodwill (and actual political action to build that infrastructure). Otherwise it is too maddening.

I was wondering about @book-thinker too. Also @sloane7777
HI guys Daughter is OK for now she is on a heart monitor and breathing funny, but in good hands, woke up this morning to the news we have a case in Irving 50 year old man in a Dallas hospital, I'm hoping its not UT Southwestern, I cant get much more freaked out than I am now but that would do it .

Girl.....we threw out the repost rule ages ago. Seriously...it is virtually impossible to keep up with every post and I think bumping the latest information or whatever anyone comes across is great, moo, and we’ve discussed this previously as early back in China.

You know what’s wild, I just remembered something...

Two months ago I was asking “OMG What’s happening in Shanghai? :eek: Beijing? :eek: Hong Kong? :eek: Japan? :eek:

Today I’m asking “What’s happening in Denver? Seattle? New York? California?..............:.” :(

It’s a surreal and sick feeling.

On that note, I just saw the creepiest thing...The moon is shining brightly over the mountains with a beautiful clear, dark sky...some black clouds came into sight and started creeping towards the moon...heading right in that direction to cover the light...like a foreshadowing of what’s to come...I guess you had to be there lol..

:shudder:
Foreboding imagery. I would have shuddered as well. I'm hoping that the new day will bring millions of testing kits, a plethora of facemaskes and silos full of hand sanitizer.
Well... it would be even better if covid-19 disappeared.

Guy infected with covid flew from NY to Florida.
"The person across the way from me was taken to the back of the plane. He was wearing masks and gloves. His wife was sitting in the same row as me and mentioned to others that he wasn't feeling well. She said he had gotten a phone call with his test results right before we had taken off, implying that he had a positive test but not actually saying it," passenger Scott Rodman told WPTV."
JetBlue passenger on flight from JFK arrives in Palm Beach as positive coronavirus case: officials
Unfreakingbelievable!

Pausing global operations for 2 months - carnival and princess
Radio
Carnival's Princess Cruises to pause global ship operations for 60 days over coronavirus

The announcement impacts the cruise line’s fleet of 18 ships and will affect voyages from March 12 to May 10.

Coronavirus: Carnival shares tank 20% after Princess Cruises says it will suspend global operations

This is just their Princess line, not their regular Carnival Line. Among the 18 ships in the Princess line, we saw the Diamond Princess (Japan) and the Grand Princess (San Francisco) in the news lately.

Guy infected with covid flew from NY to Florida.
"The person across the way from me was taken to the back of the plane. He was wearing masks and gloves. His wife was sitting in the same row as me and mentioned to others that he wasn't feeling well. She said he had gotten a phone call with his test results right before we had taken off, implying that he had a positive test but not actually saying it," passenger Scott Rodman told WPTV."
JetBlue passenger on flight from JFK arrives in Palm Beach as positive coronavirus case: officials
People need to understand that we are surrounded by people just like this. Selfish and without one iota of care that he knowingly flew with pending test results (and that’s best case... it’s entirely possible he got the results and chose to not say anything and let the plane take off anyway!). You cannot count on people caring that they’re out there knowingly infecting others. Lots simply do not care.

ATLANTA — Kroger is limiting supplies to customers and activated its preparedness plans several weeks ago, according to a Thursday morning press release.

Kroger said they will be specifically limiting the number of cold, flu, and sanitary items bought so everyone can "have access to the products they need."

The press release also mentioned they are working to get the "food, medicine and cleaning supplies" needed to stores "as quickly as possible."

They also listed the steps they are taking within their stores, for their workers and of course, for customers

Kroger limits supplies, activates preparedness plans

People need to understand that we are surrounded by people just like this. Selfish and without one iota of care that he knowingly flew with pending test results (and that’s best case... it’s entirely possible he got the results and chose to not say anything and let the plane take off anyway!). You cannot count on people caring that they’re out there knowingly infecting others. Lots simply do not care.

Yep.

ATLANTA — Kroger is limiting supplies to customers and activated its preparedness plans several weeks ago, according to a Thursday morning press release.

Kroger said they will be specifically limiting the number of cold, flu, and sanitary items bought so everyone can "have access to the products they need."

The press release also mentioned they are working to get the "food, medicine and cleaning supplies" needed to stores "as quickly as possible."

They also listed the steps they are taking within their stores, for their workers and of course, for customers

Kroger limits supplies, activates preparedness plans

This is good. Otherwise brawls will start happening like in Australia.

And it’s just a fair and good way of doing things. Moo.

I’m in health care and not even a huge handshaker as a general rule. It seems to me, just watching people over the last couple of weeks, that hand shaking itself is so ingrained and automatic that it’s sort of like touching our faces. We do it without really processing that we’re doing it. Mind you, I’ve consciously stopped shaking hands, but many even in health care are still doing so. I really wish folks would pay attention to this and STOP.

ikr

Yes it is a similar type of thing as trying to stop touching ones face. Except it can be almost harder to stop because now there is the added pressure when someone extends their hand to shake your hand, you feel obliged to reciprocate and shake their hand because we dont want to reject the person.

Remember in grade school the joke we would play on each other where you would offer to someone "Slap me Five" and then before they can do it, you quickly pull your hand back and say "Gotcha". Well, I did that to someone as they were trying to shake my hand the other day (without the "Gotcha") LOL :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot