Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Coronavirus Updates: The Latest COVID-19 Headlines From March 12, 2020

• 10:54 a.m.: The Big Ten Conference announced that it will be canceling the remainder of the Big Ten Men’s Basketball Tournament, effective immediately.
  • 10:42 a.m.: The home opener for Minnesota United FC has been canceled; Major League Soccer announced Thursday that the league is suspending its season due to the threat of spreading the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
  • 9:50 a.m.: The North Central Avian Disease Conference, which was scheduled to be held at the Minneapolis Convention Center next week, has been cancelled. the Midwest Poultry Federation Convention, also scheduled for the Minneapolis venue next week, is still continuing as of now.
  • 9 a.m.: The NHL advises clubs, including the Minnesota Wild, not to conduct morning skates, practices or team meetings Thursday. Next steps uncertain. Wild still set to host Vegas Golden Nights Thursday evening.
  • 8:51 a.m.: Associated Press reports that Congress is shutting the U.S. Capitol, House and Senate office buildings to the public until April 1.
  • 8:35 a.m.: Trading halted at New York Stock Exchange three minutes after opening bell after stocks fall more than 7%.
  • 8:30 a.m.: CentraCare Hospitals, a healthcare provider in central Minnesota, says it’s no longer allowing visitors in its hospitals, senior care facilities, and other places were a large number of people are staying.
  • 8 a.m.: Princess Cruises are planning to suspend global operations through May 10 due to coronavirus. Two Princess cruise ships had outbreaks on board, one off the coast of Japan and one off the coast of California.
  • 7:56 a.m.: M Health Fairview says it will waive co-pays for COVID-19 visits to OnCare, their virtual clinic. They say they will work out payments with insurers and the State of Minnesota in order to offer consultations with no out-of-pocket costs for patients.
  • 6:45 a.m.: A man has tested positive for the coronavius in North Dakota, the first such case in the state, health officials said. The man in his 60s had traveled out of state and had contact with a person who also tested positive for the disease.
  • 2:32 a.m.: An international cross country ski race slated for next week in Minneapolis has been cancelled due to concerns over the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
  • Overnight: St. Thomas Academy, an all-boys school in Mendota Heights, cancelled classes and activities Thursday after officials say a parent in the community tested positive for the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).

As I stated prior we will not be travelling anywhere until there is a safe and proven vaccine. We like to relax on vaycay and I don't want the headaches of worrying about getting infected.

Do we know what areas? Specially Orlando....
I'm also curious about which areas. There is one new case in New Port Richey, and also one diagnosed in Clearwater. I am in between these areas, and am beginning to notice people purchasing larger amounts of bleach, Lysol, and of course there is no hand sanitizer.

I have a large family as well- logistically it’s been very hard to get my “P” stash, and I’m so grateful I started before the rationing is beginning. I’ve stocked up in pieces over several weeks’ time.

I look at the little corner now that I’ve carved out in the garage and it still seems so piddly.

Same here. We were going to focus on paying off debt but I kept pressing my husband and we ended up putting all extra money toward supplies to make sure we have enough. My parents couldn't prep so I needed to prep for 11 people plus a lot of animals. Plus I did garden prep so we can focus on the garden and will have loads of vegetables for us and who ever is around us.

But just last night our governor said "South Carolinians should remain calm and continue their daily normal routines and responsibilities.” I hope Gov. McMaster is coming to his senses today (not that he had anything to do with this cancellation)! I live just an hour from Camden and The Carolina Cup is a huge event!
Agh yes! Clemson was also in our plans to visit over spring break and yay! Their website says the only case that was being monitored is confirmed negative so they remain open with no changes to their academic schedule or spring break. Wahoo so now maybe we can head to Clemson then Myrtle and away from chaos! I like the way your governor thinks;)

Juno Awards in Saskatoon cancelled as COVID-19 precaution
"The Juno Awards have been cancelled over concerns about the COVID-19 outbreak.

The show, which celebrates Canadian music, was to take place Sunday at the SaskTel Centre in Saskatoon, and broadcast on CBC.

The Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences says the decision was made with input and guidance from provincial tourism and health authorities.

Some artists had already flown to the city to partake in Juno Week music events tied to the awards show.

Organizers faced a flood of calls on social media for the event to be cancelled in the 24 hours leading up to Thursday’s announcement, including some from doctors and politicians.''
17 new coronavirus cases in Ontario including infant baby boy
''Ontario has confirmed 17 new cases of COVID-19, including an infant baby boy, bringing the total number in the province to 59.

The majority of the new cases are in the Toronto region with 9 while Peel Region and Waterloo Region each reported two new cases while Hamilton, Ottawa and Simcoe-Muskoka public health officials reported one new case each.

Health officials say one of the cases is a baby boy, who was in close contact with another patient and attended North York General Hospital in Toronto.

The province says it doesn’t appear that any of the cases were due to community transmission.

Some of the patients had recently travelled to places including the United States, Spain and Puerto Rico.

The province says it has tested more than 4,100 people for the virus so far, and the vast majority of the tests have come back negative.''

:eek: So this morning I got a dm from my daughter in Osaka. She was exposed to the virus. Now she has to submit a daily health report until March 19.

I asked her if she will be tested but forgot that it's now 2 am there.

I still don’t get that. What do the masses or friends and family even, care how we spend our money? If I went out and bought a new car I wouldn’t face ridicule but god forbid I spend money on an extra month of groceries and supplies. I may not need them (hopefully), but what’s it to them if I have them.

precisely

I've
Yup, and if the police came back and found the duct tape seal broken, people were dragged, clawing at the door, then thrown into a tiny box in the back of a pickup and hauled off to "isolation camp"

Ready for that America??!! LISTEN! ISOLATE IF YOUR FREAKING SICK or CONTAMINATED WITH THE VIRUS!

I've seen a video of that and it's scary as hell.
No one thinks this can happen here, but if martial law is declared it could.

Moo because CNN never links, Elizabeth Cohen just said state & city labs are doing a lot more testing, the number of tests by CDC & commercial labs is the only data we have.
(Other labs are not reporting, but should so there is an accurate count)

*Well, I think my gov’ and probably many wish to keep some info close to their chests. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jh241d