Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump says it would have taken too long to tell European leaders about new travel restrictions

“We get along very well with European leaders, but we had to make a decision and I didn’t want to take time and, you know, it takes a long time make the individual calls and we are calling and we had spoken to some of them prior to (the announcement),” he said.

The President also suggested the lack of communication was justified because European countries don’t inform him when they raise taxes on the US.

“But we had to move quickly. I mean, when they raise taxes on us, they don’t consult us and I think that’s probably one in the same,” he continued.

Live updates: Coronavirus US travel ban hits 26 European countries - CNN

Hi G,

Quick response on the sanitizer, if I understand correctly, you can use 3 parts of 70% or above rubbing alcohol with one part Aloe Vera gel. Someone please confirm with link, tia.

oh and I read use a spatula and @gitana1 says use a whisk moo

Please verify with link though thanks moooo

—-

ETA: @Gardener1850, this may be a good start / have them listen to this /you can send them the direct audio file via this link / Dr. Nancy has a sense of urgency in her voice imo:

Here’s one of the files, but send them the next one that comes out too, today, tomorrow, the next day...

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2020/t0309-covid-19-update.mp3

Transcript / Wednesday, March 10, 2020
Coronavirus Disease 2019
@margarita25, here is link to Popular Science magazine formulation/s based on the WHO formulation guidelines. The article also links back to the WHO guidelines. The WHO recipe is for a very large batch and so Popular Science just scaled it down for consumer use.

I followed the Popular Science gel recipe and had no issues making it. The consistency is a bit thinner than Purell so know that upfront. The recipe requires whisking or shaking for 5 min or so, but the formula came together beautifully IMO and a quick shake of the bottle before using is working fine.

Fight COVID-19 on the go with homemade hand sanitizer

Trump says it would have taken too long to tell European leaders about new travel restrictions

President Trump suggested Thursday that he didn’t consult European leaders before announcing US travel restrictions on 26 European countries related to novel coronavirus because it would have taken too long.

“We get along very well with European leaders, but we had to make a decision and I didn’t want to take time and, you know, it takes a long time make the individual calls and we are calling and we had spoken to some of them prior to (the announcement),” he said.

The President also suggested the lack of communication was justified because European countries don’t inform him when they raise taxes on the US.

“But we had to move quickly. I mean, when they raise taxes on us, they don’t consult us and I think that’s probably one in the same,” he continued.

Live updates: Coronavirus US travel ban hits 26 European countries - CNN
Wow. Okay.

IMO Big Mistake !

Subject: COVID-19

Dear Presidents,

The University System of Georgia is consulting constantly with the Georgia Department of Public Health (DPH) and the Governor’s Coronavirus Task Force. DPH has advised that the risk of contracting the coronavirus (COVID-19) in Georgia remains low.

Therefore, all 26 USG institutions will remain open for face-to-face education at this time.

For those of you, or anyone on your campus who may be traveling, please make sure they remain in regular contact with your campus for operational updates.

Message to Campus Community, March 12, 2020

:eek: So this morning I got a dm from my daughter in Osaka. She was exposed to the virus. Now she has to submit a daily health report until March 19.

I asked her if she will be tested but forgot that it's now 2 am there.

We have thousands of people in my area phoning their temp’ in. None qualify for testing but thru contact chain investigation, they are assumed to have it. Moo

IMO Big Mistake !

Subject: COVID-19

Dear Presidents,

The University System of Georgia is consulting constantly with the Georgia Department of Public Health (DPH) and the Governor’s Coronavirus Task Force. DPH has advised that the risk of contracting the coronavirus (COVID-19) in Georgia remains low.

Therefore, all 26 USG institutions will remain open for face-to-face education at this time.

For those of you, or anyone on your campus who may be traveling, please make sure they remain in regular contact with your campus for operational updates.

Message to Campus Community, March 12, 2020
That won't last long....

people are starting to go into panic mode where I work. Other local schools are starting to close. Maybe a benefit of shutting down is to give people a chance to calm down a bit since they can be at home. I don’t know, this is just getting chaotic.

(I recommend intermittent naps during all this. Moo. See y’all in a bit.)
And outdoor walks. The fresh air and birds chirping works wonders. (Guess that depends on where each one lives.) Walk indoors if needed. My kitchen - dining room-living room make a good loop.

Take care of yourself most importantly. You can't help anyone if you yourself go down. xo

JMO
Regarding the testing:
Until the CDC gets out of the way and stops being a bottleneck, the US will never get the adequate testing needed. This whole "presumptive positive" and send back to the CDC for confirmation is a huge bottleneck and is absurd.

States and hospitals need a test they can administer themselves and get a "YES" or "NO" result. Period. There should be no sending back anything to the CDC except the reporting of the result.

I am flabbergasted the states are still having to have CDC be part of the testing process.

The CDC needs to admit they failed and start buying bulk tests from overseas. This is beyond ridiculous. And there is no more time to waiste. Good Grief.

"These cases are “presumptively positive,” meaning they are pending confirmatory testing by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)."

Virginia sees 6 new cases, now has 15 ‘presumptive positive’ coronavirus cases

And outdoor walks. The fresh air and birds chirping works wonders. (Guess that depends on where each one lives.) Walk indoors if needed. My kitchen - dining room-living room make a good loop.

Take care of yourself most importantly. You can't help anyone if you yourself go down. xo
Push the vacuum as you walk.
Getting outside is the best thing, imo. Luckily I have no houses near my farm, I can visit my neighbor, but it is a walk, lol. My nearest neighbors are chain smokers, always sick, they both have pneumonia every year, she’s has copd & uses oxygen, so I really am avoiding both, I fear they will cough at me. I see him when I do an evening walk, but I’m staying away.

Last edited:

I am trying to make all my "bucket list" dreams come true as soon as I can...... I sure hope Angelina Jolie likes going on a "fun fishing picnic date".......moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway