Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m way behind on reading posts but you w
I have 12 relatives traveling to Florida from Wisconsin for a vacation from the 15th - 25th. Some will be flying but most driving. 5 are age 55 and above. They are not concerned at all. I think they are nuts.

My parents are snowbirds in Naples now, scheduled to come home on 3/31. They are 87 but in excellent health, considering. My sister and I have both spoken to my dad (who pretty much runs the show between them) this morning. I think we have finally convinced them to come back this week.

They'll help if someone around you coughs, sneezes, spits, etc.

They are one and done, so don't reuse a mask.

I just realized I only have four. Ugh! Well it’s better than none! I’m just so scared of going to court with all the people and germs.

It’s crazy how much people touch their faces in such environments. I never have. I mean I touch my face a lot! But not after touching anything in public. That’s just asking for some disease. If people would just properly cover their noses and mouths and wash their hands and not touch their faces and then door handles or whatever, we would be much better off.

Look at Japan. They’re very hygienic and I feel like they’re keeping this under some control.

In other awful news related to this...

Tour company refuses to refund low-income students $4,000 each after dream trip is cancelled over virus

A group of low-income students in Chicago are out $4,000 each after their trip to Greece was cancelled over concerns about the novel coronavirus.

Block Club Chicago reported that students from South Side school had scheduled the trip for spring break in April.

In a tweet on Wednesday, the Chicago Teachers Union revealed that EF Tours had refused to refund the students’ money.
That’s messed up. The families of the students had been saving money for years for a once in a lifetime opportunity. Shame on the tour co. .

Carolina Cup Races canceled due to coronavirus concerns

CAMDEN, S.C. (WIS) - Organizers of the Carolina Cup Races decided to cancel the 86th annual running scheduled for March 28.

The horse races draw tens of thousands of people each year to Kershaw County in South Carolina. But that’s also the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak in South Carolina.

But just last night our governor said "South Carolinians should remain calm and continue their daily normal routines and responsibilities.” I hope Gov. McMaster is coming to his senses today (not that he had anything to do with this cancellation)! I live just an hour from Camden and The Carolina Cup is a huge event!

Hello everyone. My son has been mad for the past two days since I wouldn’t let him out to hangout with his girlfriend. In Italy the government asked people to stay in. Go out only when needed. Well all his friends went Out. I can’t understand why people can’t buckle down for a few weeks. But now because those can not follow rules everything is mostly closed and you need a paper to carry I guess. I really hope people just stay in. But for Italians this is difficult because they are social butterflies. My market is a 3 minute walk from my apartment. Yesterday I went to a market farther away. 10 minute walk and there was so many older people out. I was really surprise. Maybe they just went out to get some fresh air. I’m not sure what it will be like outside today. People will still be out headed to work or grocery. I will check the live cameras to see what’s it like out there.
It’s so heartbreaking to see the death numbers go up.

it must be hard on teens.
Not seeing your gf seems like life or death at that age.
stay safe.

I wanted to share this with this thread. I find it helpful. For those who don't need it, I'm sorry to be slightly O/T. Many of us are anxious and have insomnia.

I don't have any issues with sleep or relaxation.
Just did a few minutes of the video, made it through the face portion and could now almost drool myself into a siesta.

Thanks for sharing the link.

Hi G,

Quick response on the sanitizer, if I understand correctly, you can use 3 parts of 70% or above rubbing alcohol with one part Aloe Vera gel. Someone please confirm with link, tia.

oh and I read use a spatula and @gitana1 says use a whisk moo

Please verify with link though thanks moooo

—-

ETA: @Gardener1850, this may be a good start / have them listen to this /you can send them the direct audio file via this link / Dr. Nancy has a sense of urgency in her voice imo:

Here’s one of the files, but send them the next one that comes out too, today, tomorrow, the next day...

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2020/t0309-covid-19-update.mp3

Transcript / Wednesday, March 10, 2020
Coronavirus Disease 2019
I personally made mine “shaken, not stirred” :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics