Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My son is in grad school in NY. His instructor in a very small classroom just tested positive. Son tested just an hour ago. I am so worried. He as asthma and no spleen due to an accident.
Please keep us updated. We worry about everyone on this site and their families. It just lessens our anxiety if we know he's ok.

We're fortunate to be on the far side of the world. It gave us time to put a protocol in place to prevent a wild, uncontrolled spread here in Canada. I expect that the efforts to contain the virus will have good success on this side of the world. The mortality rate will subside.

Because of the good success, I predict that the public health service and government leaders will be accused of over-reacting. Folks will say that none of this care was necessary. There will be a huge backlash from disgruntled folks who never got sick. ;)
That would make us so happy! :)

What site do you recommend for the most accurate up-to-date numbers in the United States and in the individual states?
I like this one. It’s accurate and they update quickly. You can get a total for each state and the cases/deaths that were added today for each state. If you click on the state it breaks it down further, by number of cases/deaths in each county. I noticed today, they added a column for death rate of each state. :(

ETA - They also supply data for Canada

COVID-19/Coronavirus Real Time Updates With Credible Sources in US and Canada | 1Point3Acres

Last edited:
Hi friends, I apologize upfront for asking a question without reading this thread. I just realized that there was a thread on the virus. I'm sure you have discussed this many times already.

My DH and I have a planned trip the end of March to NYC. We live in the West in a state with no cases so far. We are in our mid 60s, both with medication controlled high BP. My DH has asthma .
Our tickets are refundable.
I have gone back and forth every day, we are going. We better not. Of course we're going.

Here's the kicker: All our children and only grandchild live in NYC. See
my dilemma?

I'm not worried about getting it. I'm worried about getting it and giving it to someone else.
Our adult children have been very careful to not indicate to us if they think we should come or not.

Later today I have an appt. for a 6 month checkup after DVT and PE . I know that sounds bad but of course I have been on blood thinner and am feeling good. I am anxious to see what my Dr. says about traveling.
What say you?
From what I know following many epidemiologists and many forums with knowledge people, including this one...and studying emergent diseases for years, that is a big NOPE from me, not only would you risk it in the airports (see TSA agents that are infected) but on the airplane too, and NYC is a hotbed right now.

And you say you don't care about your health? Just dont want to give it your relatives? Well, how about that ventilator you are taking away from someone that does care about their health! Plus, you say your state has no cases...that is incorrect...your state has no KNOWN cases.

A shower thought I had a few minutes ago.....

Covering my hair while out in public. ...I’m not a wash my hair every day person.........I will wrap my hair up in a scarf. Like ladies use to do. Very Hepburn..ish.....Oh, and I’ll have my thin gloves on ...over my nitrile ones.....and my transition glasses.
I wish I lived in a town full of WS’ers!! We’d all be pretty darn safe and prepared I think. Good on us :D

A friend of mine that works in DisneyLand FL just texted and said they are closed until the end of the month!

Oh, I hope so, maybe our kids get some of their money back.

It's a major risk for all who enter large public gatherings.

We just need to lock up shop in the US.

Never thought I'd say this but ALL borders need to close to ALL people. We've got so many exceptions to the new policy and self quarantine is a joke.
Moo

I like this one. It’s accurate and they update quickly. You can get a total for each state and the cases/deaths that were added today for each state. If you click on the state it breaks it down further, by number of cases/deaths in each county. I noticed today, they added a column for death rate for each state. :(

ETA - They also supply data for Canada

COVID-19/Coronavirus Real Time Updates With Credible Sources in US and Canada | 1Point3Acres

the problem with these sites is they really are inaccurate, imo. What we need is the true stats & that will only be known once our state government tells us how many were in the “community contact chain”, and that can’t even be a true number. Not everyone has total recall of their contacts prior to testing, and no one knows how long anyone’s incubation lasted. So if someone was diagnosed positive on 3/1 is their contact chain 10, 15 or 27 days prior?

As shocking and unprecedented as all this news is, all the closings, cancellations, etc, I see it as necessary and positive. A virus cannot survive on its own. It needs a living host - as in a human being. If the virus is not able to spread on to the next host, it will die out. The US and its cities, venues, events, churches, universities and schools are finally working together and at a pace to accomplish this and I'm happy about it. Sorry for businesses and workers who will be negatively affected (I'm one), but it will be a temporary stoppage.

At risk of sounding hokey, we can collectively kick this "bug's" behind. IMO
I agree! I hate that we’re at this point, and I’m sad that it was handled so badly from the start and cuts to the CDC etc. :mad: But here we are and just shutting it ALL down is pretty much the best thing to do. It’s a total bummer, but hopefully the faster and more severe we close it all up, the faster it will die out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot