Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an annual physical exam scheduled for next week. Appointment was made some time ago before this current crisis. Should I cancel and reschedule? I really hate the idea of walking into the fairly large medical facility always full of patients in the waiting room.

Preparations to host Kentucky Derby 146 on the first Saturday in May at Churchill Downs are still moving forward. With the event still seven weeks away, a decision will be made closer to that date, with respect to postponing the event until later in the year, using the most recent information while working with and seeking
guidance from public health experts and authorities.”
News

I’m playing it by ear now. I still have to go to work but there are only 7 people in my building. Interaction with delivery people but I planned ahead and put sanitizer around the lab. We do wear gloves the majority of the time anyway and thanks to that we are pretty good about not touching our faces. May try to get them in the habit of taking their gloves off and washing their hands right away.
If it’s still fairly calm I’ll do my routine trip to my small grocery and the feed store this weekend. Supposed to have people over for dinner, 2 other couples. I prepare and cook everything and I’ve been monitoring my own temp periodically just to stay in front of things.
DH business trip still on next week to Charolette NC unless something drastic happens. My driving trip is still on unless sampling company shuts down (maybe I should an email to the testing company). I make two stops on the 6 hour drive. Once at Bucees and once at a sort of seedy truck stop. I think I’ll take gloves with me and probably a bottle of Lysol for the hotel room. Last time I went down to the gym and grabbed a bunch of the disinfectant wipes and brought them up to the room after my workout. Everything got a good wipe down.
Time to enjoy my solitary things, walking the dogs down my busy road, watching my birds play in the yard, horseback riding...okay it doesn’t sound all bad.

Stay Healthy my friends.

I apologize for jumping in with a question today, I have kept up with all the threads but had to prepare for my daughter being sent home from George Washington University and my husband working from home. We will have a full house, but that’s fine with me.
Is it my imagination or has testing in the US slowed down yesterday and today? Why? Why is there still a struggle to get US citizens tested? My son who lives in Brooklyn who is also now working from home is starting to think this is being done on purpose. As a family we are all well educated and don’t tend to buy into conspiracy theories so my son getting suspicious perked my ears up.

The problem with refusing to test more people is only testing the very sick means the death rate is going to be so high!! South Dakota is reporting 8 confirmed cases and 1 death. That’s a 12.5% rate! Even if you’re only concerned about optics :eek::rolleyes: you want to test as many people as possible to show a lot of positive healthy people who recover quickly. IMO though no one has asked MO

It’s 68 degrees F here in the SF Bay Area right now. How likely is it that the virus dies in warmer whether? I could have sworn there was a study/article showing 48 degrees was the point at which it became less “stable”. Anyone remember that?
But is it people with undiagnosed hypertension?
Or people with hypertension that is controlled with meds?
Awaiting this breakdown.

They are looking into two of the meds, lisinopril and losartan. I take the first one, combined with some others. Wish there was more out there about this but here is one article.
Re: Preventing a covid-19 pandemic: ACE inhibitors as a potential risk factor for fatal Covid-19

"Is a link between these observations possible? Is the expression of ACE2 receptor in the virus targeted cells increased by the use of ACE-inhibitor/angiotensin-receptor blocker and is the patient therefore more at risk for a severe course? We need rapid epidemiological and preclinical studies to clarify this relationship. If this were the case, we might be able to reduce the risk of fatal Covid-19 courses in many patients by temporarily replacing these drugs."

I have an annual physical exam scheduled for next week. Appointment was made some time ago before this current crisis. Should I cancel and reschedule? I really hate the idea of walking into the fairly large medical facility always full of patients in the waiting room.
I had the same issue. I rescheduled mine for late May.

I apologize for jumping in with a question today, I have kept up with all the threads but had to prepare for my daughter being sent home from George Washington University and my husband working from home. We will have a full house, but that’s fine with me.
Is it my imagination or has testing in the US slowed down yesterday and today? Why? Why is there still a struggle to get US citizens tested? My son who lives in Brooklyn who is also now working from home is starting to think this is being done on purpose. As a family we are all well educated and don’t tend to buy into conspiracy theories so my son getting suspicious perked my ears up.

I’m far from a conspiracy theorist and not that it matters but generally very conservative and that’s EXACTLY what I think is happening. You can’t report huge numbers of cases if you don’t test anyone.

the problem with these sites is they really are inaccurate, imo. What we need is the true stats & that will only be known once our state government tells us how many were in the “community contact chain”, and that can’t even be a true number. Not everyone has total recall of their contacts prior to testing, and no one knows how long anyone’s incubation lasted. So if someone was diagnosed positive on 3/1 is their contact chain 10, 15 or 27 days prior?
You’re asking for an impossible number to obtain. Does any country have that information? I haven’t seen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot