Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the DailyMail, the British are considering quarantining
the over 70s for a few months!!!

I guess its to keep them out of hospital, they won't get a doctor if they're ill, they'll get a computer consultation.

Boris is bringing in the army to guard stores and enforce his rules.
Boris had a lot of virus scientist poo poo his herd immunity idea today....

Key CALL TO ACTION report by @TopherSpiro and Ezekiel Emmanuel— I fully endorse these points, including public gatherings >25 IMHO. The key: ▶️ Ban gatherings >50
▶️ Close schools, bars, gyms, movie theaters, libraries where community spread
▶️ Limit restaurants to 1/2 capacity

Eric Feigl-Ding on Twitter

NEW: Dr. Zeke Emanuel and the Center for American Progress are calling on states and cities to immediately:
▶️ Ban gatherings >50
▶️ Close schools, bars, gyms, movie theaters, libraries where there is community spread
▶️ Limit restaurants to 1/2 capacity
State and Local Governments Must Take Much More Aggressive Action Immediately To Slow Spread of the Coronavirus - Center for American Progress
Topher Spiro on Twitter

STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES

I am right there with you. My oldest daughter is 8.5 mos pregnant. She is so scared for the little life she is bringing into this uncertain world. What should be a very happy time is now full of worry and fear. My oldest son is 2 months from graduating with is masters from LIU. Instead of relishing in the next two months after years of hard work, he is sitting home. Self quarantined because his instructor and one classmate already have full blow CV, lab tested. Graduation ceremonies already cancelled. My heard breaks for him. He will know Monday if the bad cough he has is CV. My younger daughter was planning her dream wedding for years, set to happen in June. She will get married but nothing else will be the same. Her shower was supposed to be tomorrow. Canceled.

I am sorry to unload. My heart is broken for ALL of our young people.
I'm sorry to hear that your kids are in pain. One of my fears is that more and more people will feel the same.

Currently my daughter is in self isolation because she was exposed to the virus. She must submit daily health reports until March 19. She's not showing any symptoms but I can sense that she's becoming depressed by being home alone. She had to suspend work at her business so her employees are also isolated which weighs on her.

I've been purposely keeping in touch with her remotely (I'm in the US and she's in Japan) and just chatting so she doesn't feel alone.

My granddaughter is at Tulane and was notified that she had to exit her dorm in a few days. Luckily her roommate also lives in Florida and they will fly home together. Unfortunately a boy in the dorm right next to hers fell/jumped from a third floor stairwell Thursday and died. She saw his dying body on the ground which impacted her. What bad times are happening now!

I guess we will all just muddle through the best we can and lend support to those who are suffering from the fallout of the virus. I wish you and yours the best! (hugs)

Oh no! At least you are not stuck on an airplane 5x a week now. Did you foresee this?
I saw it coming a few weeks ago, I knew once it hit the US that I would not be able to travel every other week and that my job would end. It could resume but who knows when it will be safe again. I can’t imagine self isolation for 4 months. I will need a LOT more alcohol.

MsMarple, so very sorry that your granddaughter saw the young man's body. How horrifying for her.

I do wonder how these college students will get home or where they will go when they are forced out of their dorms.

I feel bad because I am stressing that I will get fired from work on Monday when I inform the powers that I am working from home. I feel like a jerk when these young people are going through so much stress.

Well, I have yet to hear of a booze shortage, so you’re in luck.
I saw it coming a few weeks ago, I knew once it hit the US that I would not be able to travel every other week and that my job would end. It could resume but who knows when it will be safe again. I can’t imagine self isolation for 4 months. I will need a LOT more alcohol.

I've been drinking green tea lately, twice per day, in fact I
stocked up with a bunch earlier.

Anything people can do to boost immune health at this point in time could potentially blunt this virus' effects.

That is the last shopping and retail stuff I will do for the next two weeks, at least. People need to get shopping done this weekend, I'm predicting supply chains are about to break down, indefinitely.

People will simply stop showing up for work, I don't blame them.
Companies are already shutting or curbing operations, I predict by mid-week this will be widespread and all over the news.
Warehousing will break down or is already doing so, with the good economy warehouses were already understaffed.
Health care workers will also stay home if things start really getting bad, and coincident with that their personal safety is at risk on the job
Etc.

By midweek we will see everyday conveniences not available or hard to find, virtually impossible to find by next weekend. I'm not kidding, also I'm not trying to scare people just being realistic. $1.77 gas at Shell is not a good thing right now, it means gas demand is heading to zero, and soon workers at those places won't be going to work and/or the owners will shut the doors, indefinitely. We're witnessing the pre-shutdown right now.
In Italy the grocery stores are still stocked. The supply chain hasn't collapsed.

According to the DailyMail, the British are considering quarantining
the over 70s for a few months!!!

I guess its to keep them out of hospital, they won't get a doctor if they're ill, they'll get a computer consultation.

Boris is bringing in the army to guard stores and enforce his rules.

JDG
Is there a link or headline available, easier to search for?

I don't know, many nurses have been exposed to so much over the years.
They most likely contracted many viruses during nursing school.
I remember getting lots of "bugs" early on.
My immune system failed me after 20 years.
The other nurses I worked with are still going strong, like anti virus warriors. Their immune systems are intact.
Even though they have never been exposed to this, they will show up for work come hell or high water.
With all social functions basically shut down, they won't feel the need to show up for school related functions or athletic practices and games.
IMO this will make their lives a tiny bit less stressful (maybe more having family at home 24/7)
Every nurse I know is going to fight until they can't any more.
Don't underestimate them.
Social distancing might just be what saves many of us in the end!
Elbow bump any nurse you know!
They have to know how much they are appreciated!
The Doctors order the ventilators, the nurses, respiratory therapists and phlebotomists run the ICU from there!
So remember all of them too!
Moo

Hi everyone, I’m still running a low grade fever. Last night it was difficult getting to sleep, coughing is much worse. Not much more I can do except take Tylenol, guaifenesin, honey and cough medicine. Plenty of tea, oranges juice and water.
l wake up hoping l’ll feel better... Nine days of a low grade fever now my cough is worse. Not much more l can do.
Take care!
PS I’m staying away from people.
Awww, I am so sorry. I hope you turn the corner soon. Positive thoughts for you.

NEW YORK

Four COVID-19 Deaths in NY, NJ as Tri-State Cases Surpass 700; New U.S. Travel Limits in Place

Quotes from article:

What to Know
  • U.S. coronavirus cases have surpassed 2,000; more than four dozen people have died, including two people in New Jersey and two people in New York
  • The state of New York has more than 700 cases; most of the cases are in NYC and Westchester
  • Governors in New York and New Jersey have declared states of emergency, and the usage of public transit is plunging
Two people died from coronavirus-related deaths in New York - the state's first reported deaths - and a second people died in New Jersey, the governors from both states announced Saturday.

A woman in her 50s died in Monmouth County, Governor Phil Murphy tweeted Saturday night. It was not immediately clear if the woman had any previous or underlying health conditions that may have contributed to her death.

Earlier in the day, New York state officials announced the state's first deaths: a 64-year-old Rockland County man and an 82-year-old woman from New York City.

The New York City woman was hospitalized in Brooklyn on March 3 after contracting the novel coronavirus "on top of the emphysema," Cuomo said during a teleconference Saturday. The case marked the first death of a person in New York State "who had the coronavirus with the underlying symptoms," he said.

Fewer details were immediately released about the death of the Rockland County individual. The medical examiner confirmed the death was within the Village of Suffern on and tested positive for COVID-19. A source familiar with the case told News 4 that the victim died at their home in the Village of Suffern on Saturday and had not been previously tested for the coronavirus.

"The decedent was 64 years old and had other significant health problems which were likely contributory to death," a statement from the medical examiner said.

The number of positive cases in the state also increased to 613 by Saturday evening, Cuomo said. 269 of the 613 cases are in New York City; 178 are in Westchester County; 79 are in Nassau County; 33 are in Suffolk County; 13 are in Rockland County; 6 are in Orange County; 5 are in Albany County; 4 are in Dutchess County; 3 are in Erie County. A complete breakdown of the numbers can be found here.

Tioga and Tompkins counties both saw their first confirmed positive cases, Cuomo said.

"The more tests we take, the more that number will go up," Cuomo noted. "We believe there are thousands of people who have coronavirus [in the state]. Maybe tens of thousands."

Cuomo on Saturday also encouraged New Yorkers to seek health advice remotely, saying the state would waive copayments for insurers “for any telemedicine visits.”

At a press conference on Saturday afternoon, meanwhile, Vice President Mike Pence announced the U.S. would expand its travel ban to include the United Kingdom and Ireland.

Mayor Bill de Blasio on Saturday noted that the 82-year-old woman who died had been in critical condition since she was admitted to Wyckoff Heights Medical Center in Brooklyn.

Thirty people in New York City were hospitalized due to the novel coronavirus as of Saturday afternoon, 19 of whom were in intensive care, de Blasio noted. Eighty percent of those hospitalized were over 50 years old and/or have pre-existing conditions, he said. One of the new confirmed cases is an FDNY member who works at a firehouse in Brooklyn; 31 members of the firehouse have been quarantined "as a matter of precaution," de Blasio said.

Gov. Phil Murphy also announced an increase in the number of positive tests in New Jersey on Saturday afternoon, saying that 19 new cases since Friday had brought the state's total to 69.

After dealing with seemingly nothing but bad news for the past couple of days — including even more COVID-19 cases, New York State and New York City declaring states of emergency, Broadway going dark, the sports world entirely put on hold, and a national emergency being declared — there was a bit of good news Friday.

WASHINGTON

Temporary isolation areas....King County

• King County International Airport: In a continuing effort to lower the number of people in our larger shelter locations and achieve the recommended social distancing guidelines (six feel apart), the Arrivals Hall at the King County International Airport (7277 Perimeter Road South) is being used to provide shelter for the men, typically older adults, who usually shelter at St. Martin De Porres in Seattle. This service began on 3/13/20, and last night sheltered 80 men, 55 years or older. This action will help prevent people from becoming ill in the first place.

• Eastgate Parking Lot: A fully self-contained tent, with flooring and heat, has been purchased for use as an isolation and recovery location and will be placed on the county-owned parking lot located at 13620 Eastgate Way in Bellevue. The location will have 24/7 onsite security and health services staff. The site will be available in about a week.

• Issaquah Motel (new acquisition): King County Facilities Management Division has finalized a lease of a motel located at 1801 12th Avenue NW in Issaquah. We are currently considering site uses that include expanding medical support for vulnerable populations or isolation for people who do not require significant social support services, as well as step-down medical care for people who do not require hospitalization to maximize available space in regional medical facilities.
Update on COVID-19 in King County for March 14, 2020

STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES

I've been drinking green tea lately, twice per day, in fact I
stocked up with a bunch earlier.

Anything people can do to boost immune health at this point in time could potentially blunt this virus' effects.

That is the last shopping and retail stuff I will do for the next two weeks, at least. People need to get shopping done this weekend, I'm predicting supply chains are about to break down, indefinitely.

People will simply stop showing up for work, I don't blame them.
Companies are already shutting or curbing operations, I predict by mid-week this will be widespread and all over the news.
Warehousing will break down or is already doing so, with the good economy warehouses were already understaffed.
Health care workers will also stay home if things start really getting bad, and coincident with that their personal safety is at risk on the job
Etc.

By midweek we will see everyday conveniences not available or hard to find, virtually impossible to find by next weekend. I'm not kidding, also I'm not trying to scare people just being realistic. $1.77 gas at Shell is not a good thing right now, it means gas demand is heading to zero, and soon workers at those places won't be going to work and/or the owners will shut the doors, indefinitely. We're witnessing the pre-shutdown right now.

Drinking Green Tea is a smart move. See everyone's list makes me kick myself... Why didn't I buy Green Tea?!!

I like real library books, better than my kindle. I managed to get to the library for a pile of books yesterday... just in time. Had to spray the covers, but I'm all set to zone out with a good book.

Announcement today was all city libraries closed until April 6th.

No way can stores answer phones now. It's a waste of time to call or go there when you can use modern technology to find supplies. I just learned about this site from the news on tv that might be a better way. It's an app.

People post videos of what is on the shelves in the local stores. EMERGENCY SUPPLY FINDER
Markk - Live Ratings of Places

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member