Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amonet

Reaction score
The number of people already infected by the mystery virus emerging in China is far greater than official figures suggest, scientists have told the BBC.

There have been 41 laboratory-confirmed cases of the new virus, but UK experts estimate the figure is closer to 1,700.

New Chinese virus 'will have infected hundreds'

Up to 4,500 patients in China may have caught the same strain of coronavirus that has killed two people, scientists fear.

Health officials in Wuhan – the city at the heart of the outbreak which started in December – confirmed four new cases today, taking the total to 48.

But Imperial College London researchers say this may be the 'tip of the iceberg' after analysing flights out of the city.

Experts say the fact three Chinese tourists have tested positive for the virus outside Wuhan indicates the disease toll may be higher than reported.

Scientists fear up to 4,500 Chinese patients may have caught the new coronavirus | Daily Mail Online

[BCOVID-19 -Media, Maps, Videos, Timelines, CDC/WHO Resources, etc. ***NO DISCUSSION***[/B]

POLLS:

POLL: Confident that US agencies are doing everything to prevent the spread of COVID-19?

POLL: What concerns you most about COVID-19?

POLL: Confident in US medical facilities and personnel to adequately manage COVID-19?

POLL: What do you think the status of COVID-19 will be in six months (September, 2020)?

COVID-19 Coronavirus Memorial Thread
______

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN WARNING:

This thread is fast moving and labour intensive and we have other active threads that need attention.

Politicizing is NOT allowed. If your post is found to contain political statements or politics in general, it will be removed and a thread ban will be issued which means you will not be able to post in this thread, only read.

Critique your own post before submitting it to the thread to make sure it does not have a political bent; otherwise you may find you lose posting privileges.

Post accordingly.

Hey Everyone,

If you want to quote what the president or anyone in his administrations who give information on what they are doing to contain the virus that is absolutely fine.
THIS IS ME BEGGING NOW. NO MATTER HOW FRUSTRATED YOUR FEEL, HOW GRATEFUL YOU FEEL OR HOW YOU FEEL WITH ANY OF THE COMMENTS COMING FROM THE WHITEHOUSE OR THEIR ADMINISTRATION DO NOT PUT IT ON THIS THREAD. DO NOT PUT TOGETHER A POST THAT IS OBVIOUSLY A POLITICAL STATEMENT AND THEN TRY AND SAY IT IS NOT.
PLEASE USE OUR PRIVATE MESSAGING SYSTEM IF YOU WISH TO DISCUSS POLITICS IN ANY WAY. YOU CAN HAVE UP TO 20 PEOPLE ON A PRIVATE MESSAGE. LOOK IN THE UPPER RIGHT-HAND CORNER. YOU WILL SEE YOUR USER NAME. NEXT TO THAT IS "INBOX". CLICK ON INBOX AND YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGE SYSTEM.

OK, not begging now.

I am so impressed with our members posting much-needed info and members helping each other. I swear I sit here and cry happy tears at how incredible you are with this pandemic.

Please join me tonight on Websleuths Live on YouTube at 10:00 PM Eastern. CLICK HERE to join us live. We have a great chat room going on. and I want to personally invite you all to join us. One main rule. If you a jerk in chat or if you start making inflammatory comments about politics or whatever you will be kicked out. Then you will be forced to listen to Donny Osmonds "Puppy Love" for 30 days. So please behave.
See you tonight.
Love,
Tricia
PS. I actually love Donny Osmond. Very talented, a great businessman and fantastic human being, but, Puppy Love is painful. LOL

OK, I AM YELLING AGAIN AND I AM GETTING ANGRY.

IF YOU FEEL THIS IS A HOAX - IF YOU FEEL THIS IS ALL "FAKE NEWS" THEN DO NOT POST ON THIS THREAD. STAY OFF THIS THREAD. THIS THREAD IS FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE TAKING THE VIRUS SERIOUSLY AND WANT TO POST ABOUT FACTS AND ABOUT SOLUTIONS. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO YOUR OPINION BUT YOUR OPINION WILL CAUSE THIS THREAD DO GO UP IN FLAMES AND I WANT TO MAKE SURE PEOPLE CAN COME HERE AND GET FACTS. WE NEED TO TAKE THIS VIRUS SERIOUSLY AND THAT IS WHY THIS THREAD IS ON WEBSLEUTHS. PLEASE GO TO ANOTHER DISCUSSION IN THE MISSING OR IN COLD CASES AND DO SOME GOOD.

Not yelling now. We should not get hysterical about the virus but we need to discuss this virus seriously. A big difference between the two. In the same vein, we should not shrug our shoulders and say it's no big deal and it is a media hysteria.

While I respect you have the right to your opinion I have the right to ask you to leave this thread so we can discuss the virus without disruption.

Rarely do I pull this statement out but here it comes; I am the owner and the final decisions on what can be discussed and rules are all on me. I want to be as inclusive as possible but in a real National Emergency declared by the president, I have a responsibility to make sure we discuss the facts and we discuss virus in a logical and factual way.

Thank you.
Tricia.
PS. I am not getting hysterical about the virus I am getting angry at the thought of how fast this thread could literally shut the whole forum down, Our wonderful mods do not need the stress.

@PayrollNerd i haven’t seen anything that says the virus is less in warm areas, in fact I thought the areas in China and Italy are warm climates and I think it’s hot summer in Australia? I could be wrong though so if this is true would you please share a link? Thanks!

As mentioned in a previous post, YouTube is a great resource. I don't want to clog up the thread with multimedia links, so here are some titles you may want to find on YT:

(long form docs)
Secret Histor of the Killer Flu (hard to find due to misspelling, was uploaded by Dafydd Humphreys
We Heard the Bells
Turning Points: Kiss of the Spanish Lady
1918 Spanish Flu Historical Documentary

(shorter docs/lectures/presentations)
Spanish Flu: a warning from history
How did the 1918 flu pandemic start and could we have another one
What was the 1918 Pandemic?
Why another flu pandemic is likely/just a matter of time
Could the 1918 Influenza Pandemic happen again?

IMO

March Sadness: No brackets and no knowing what might've been | Xfinity

For all those who dreamed the impossible — making it a whole month without getting a single game wrong in the bracket — this is your year.

Everything else about the NCAA Tournament that won't happen this season — from Selection Sunday, to the jaw-dropping bracket busters and buzzer beaters, to the Sweet 16 to the Final Four? Call it March Sadness.

Before fears about the coronavirus scrubbed sports for the foreseeable future, Sunday was supposed to be the Big Reveal — the day when Americans gathered around a TV for an hour to watch ... drumroll ... a college basketball schedule being released...

Veteran CMS bus driver says district is not cleaning school buses

I am not a driver for this district, nor am I a driver in this state, but, I can attest that every single thing this driver stated is 100% accurate.

You guys should start insisting your school districts and school bus companies do thorough cleaning before delivering meals. Or, seriously, someone should do swab tests on school busses, cabs, and vans that transport students. I think they would be eye opening.

Last edited:
It looks like authorities are having to extrapolate what they perceive to be the correct numbers due to the lack of testing. I'm sure the formula is similar for every state.

"A top health official in Ohio estimated on Thursday that more than 100,000 people in the state have coronavirus, a shockingly high number that underscores the limited testing so far.

Ohio Department of Health Director Amy Acton said at a press conference alongside Gov. Mike DeWine (R) that given that the virus is spreading in the community in Ohio, she estimates at least 1 percent of the population in the state has the virus."
Ohio health official estimates 100,000 people in state have coronavirus

I'm not surprised that thousands have or have had it.

What is promising so far is the death rate is still extremely low across the country overall collectively.

I'm sure everyone in all local counties in each state, who have passed away quickly... the MEs are checking to make sure it wasn't or was from this virus.

Jmho

THESE ARE DOCTORS....

Strongly agree with Dr. Andrew Marks at Columbia that we need to start setting up field hospitals right away.
Our hospitals will be overrun in the next two weeks and we need to prepare additional capacity right now. #CoronaVirusUpdates Harrison Kalodimos, MD on Twitter
Harrison Kalodimos, MD on Twitter

STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES
local Orlando news is showing large tents being set up next to hospitals and drive up
care centers. they're preparing for the worst.

March Sadness: No brackets and no knowing what might've been | Xfinity

For all those who dreamed the impossible — making it a whole month without getting a single game wrong in the bracket — this is your year.

Everything else about the NCAA Tournament that won't happen this season — from Selection Sunday, to the jaw-dropping bracket busters and buzzer beaters, to the Sweet 16 to the Final Four? Call it March Sadness.

Before fears about the coronavirus scrubbed sports for the foreseeable future, Sunday was supposed to be the Big Reveal — the day when Americans gathered around a TV for an hour to watch ... drumroll ... a college basketball schedule being released...
It is sadness. We look forward to this time of year. Worst of all, I feel bad for the players and coaches that worked so hard to get where they got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soraxtm