Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Dr. Mike on Twitter? I want to tweet this to him:

I love you Dr. Mike!!! Please let me take you out for some platonic drinks after this all blows over. You have been a HUGE inspiration and source of information, I have watched every one of your conferences since January and have been hanging on your every word. Words can not express my respect and admiration for you, Doc T and the rest of your team.

Thank you for everything during all this. You are one of the most intelligent, courageous, caring people I’ve come across in a long time.

Thank you for your leadership.

Your biggest fan,
Margarita

LOVE THIS! Thanks, M

What is the point of getting tested? If I have the flu, why should I go get tested? Stay home, hunker down, drink OJ.

Just asking.
That’s sort of my thoughts on it. Obviously if we have complications, a fever that can’t be controlled by meds or shortness of breath we’ll seek treatment. I would rather they save the tests for front line workers, people who need to be amongst the public. There isn’t anything available to treat me with other than manage the symptoms and we have decided if we are symptomatic we will go into lock down. If they need to run statistics on it after it all shakes out, shouldn’t they be able to run a titer test if they really want to know?

ETA: if testing becomes more readily available I’ll probably change my mind but currently this is what we are working with.

Last edited:
Omg I just figured out why I woke up on the wrong side of the bed (other than the obvious) -
Today is Day 7 in isolation with no yoga classes!!!!

Yeah we need some serious downward dog in the house, right @zecats, @MJPeony, @COSCitizen and all you other yoga bunnies out there!!!!
I think I might prefer shoulder stand or waterfall. The world is already upside down. ;)

Namaste my friend and friends.

Last edited:
Omg I just figured out why I woke up on the wrong side of the bed (other than the obvious) -
Today is Day 7 in isolation with no yoga classes!!!!

Yeah we need some serious downward dog in the house, right @zecats, @MJPeony, @COSCitizen and all you other yoga bunnies out there!!!!
Sorry if OT. There are many lovely YouTube videos, as you probably know. Here's one that might be soothing to all of us (there's a dog :) )

Go for it! I've been eating comfort food all week!

I live in a large retirement community in central FL. I am seeing some evidence of snowbirds heading home early. A number of nearby homes are closed up.

The mad rush for supplies has slowed, thank goodness. I plan to shop tomorrow at Publix. Our stock of fresh food is low.

I eat a low-carb diet, and it is really tough to be good right now. I've been craving some mashed potatoes and gravy comfort food!

I would recommend that she call the local health department and tell them what is happening in her facility.
If she is leaving an infected patient's room, she has to remove the contaminated gear. These are CDC guidelines. Is she staying with the patient for the whole shift? Re-using the contaminated gear is not acceptable per isolation precautions.

CDC updates guidance on PPE for health care personnel; COVID-19 declared a pandemic

Today she is not assigned to the patients waiting for confirmation and she did not say what that nurse protective gear situation was. The charge nurse for the ward is requiring the ICU nurses to wear the gear she sent me a picture of while on the ward. I guess that is a plus but earlier in the week they had 2 other pneumonia patients neg-flu but they did not meet the criteria for testing and protective measures were not authorized. Fortunately, one of those patients has improved, I do not know about the other patient.

During the press conference that just took place, I heard some new information on what people over 60 should look for besides coughing, shortness of breath and fever. They said that for people in the over 60 target range, a fever of 99.6 F is considered high. MOO, and am waiting to see a transcript or watch it again when it is available on you tube. This would be important to know.

Louisiana cases up to 103. A week ago we were at 0.
Daughter and sil went to grocery and brought me TP...!!! Also
Sushi, batteries, brown eggs, milk Hawaiian sliders. Good kids.
I reside in Acadiana (Louisiana). Currently we have no reported cases yet. Limited testing supplies/have to go thru physician for testing. Many doing social distancing. Diocesan schools are closed just as public schools.

I live in Ohio (Hancock county) and effective tonight at 9pm ALL restaurants and bars are closed for dine in...some may stay open for carry out and pick up. My children are not happy about no school. I told myself I would not freak out or over react but now I am a little. Gas is $1.77 and almost all shelfs are empty.

gas is $1.77.... is that expensive for there?

Lucky you! It’s $2.99 here (maui) and that’s cheap
FOR HERE!!

I live in Ohio (Hancock county) and effective tonight at 9pm ALL restaurants and bars are closed for dine in...some may stay open for carry out and pick up. My children are not happy about no school. I told myself I would not freak out or over react but now I am a little. Gas is $1.77 and almost all shelfs are empty.
I agree with what will students do if no school. Being social people, they will still get together. Again, why take exception on restaurants? Or why allow carry out, but not dine in? Do they not trust patrons, but trust restaurant staff? In my opinion, this is a cop out, but it is hurting our small, and franchise restaurants and bars. Is it the decision to bring small businesses to their knees.

MOO

CALIFORNIA:

Governor Gavin Newsom tells bars/wineries/pubs/clubs to shut down. Restauraunts to reduce their capacity by 50% to increase space between diners.

65's and over should shelter in their homes and self-isolate

Flash Update :

* Convoy of 900,000 RVs containing seniors seen clogging freeway to Las Vegas*

All I can think of, and I have to chuckle a bit, is how many of our county Sheriffs, mayors, county and city administrators, county board of supervisors, county and city public health officials, doctors, nurses, postal workers and UPS drivers, and business owners of essential businesses etc -- are over 65 themselves!

What is the point of getting tested? If I have the flu, why should I go get tested? Stay home, hunker down, drink OJ.

Just asking.
For people staying home and isolating anyway, the main reason as others have said is to allow contact tracing and warning/awareness to others who may have been around you before you knew you were sick.

But an even bigger reason is because lots of people who only feel mildly ill are NOT isolating and would continue to expose/infect others as they go out and about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member