Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Per Fox News: Fed is lowering interest rate in the US.

Whoa, I had thought that would make the markets go up. Guess I don't know anything about such... just following here as another impact

US stock futures hit 'limit down' after Fed cuts interest rate to zero - CNN

US stock futures hit 'limit down' after Fed cuts interest rate to zero

New York (CNN Business)Investors were unassuaged by news that the Federal Reserve is cutting interest rates to zero. US stock futures dropped 5% Sunday evening, hitting the "limit down," meaning they can't fall any further.

Dow (INDU) futures plummeted and were last down 1,041 points, or about 4.5%. S&P 500 (SPX) futures were down about 4.8% , while Nasdaq (COMP) futures were down 4.5%.
Last week all three indexes fell into a bear market, declining more than 20% from their recent peak.
Markets in Asia Pacific also continued their declines on Monday morning. Australia's S&P/ASX sank 5%....

The Fed last cut rates to zero during the global financial crisis just over a decade ago.

My Governor says I can't go! :(
Got to listen to him because it's for my own good.

California Governor Newsom wants all 5 Million Senior Citizens over the age of 65 or people at risk to Stay Home.

He said the same on face the nation...

Dr. Fauci would prefer a 14-day national shutdown of some sort to slow down coronavirus, and has made this point of view known in admin
, he says on "Meet the Press."
"I think we should really be overly aggressive and get criticized for over-reacting," Fauci told @chucktodd.

Jennifer Jacobs on Twitter

STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES

Instacart is a nightmare right now. Low and out of everything.

Prepare for the fact that you may not be able to totally rely on delivery. There may be delays and low stock, etc etc.

I recommend getting whatever food you can now. I’m not trying to cause panic. Get what you can now. Prepare to stay in. Get whatever food you can now with whatever budgets you have available. Prepare for lockdown. Moo. Jmo.

Hi everyone,
Trying to do as little as possible. Just taking it easy. Last night I attempted to call the after hours nurse line. They are overwhelmed with calls. l kept getting a recording something about a system troubles. After 45 minutes and three times being disconnected I gave up.
Today l’m less feverish. Hopefully, I’m on the mend after 10 days. I need to take one day at a time. To everyone here thank you! There’s have been times when all l want to cry. The overwhelming support here is the greatest. I realize everyone here has a caring heart. Thank you my dear friends.
Glad you are feeling a bit better and feel less feverish. We have been saying prayers (and worrying) about you. I so hope you are putting this awful thing behind you. Please take care and get well fast.

This is worse than bad
it is horrifying
many of these people will be vectors for the virus
we are at the whim of incompetent government officials that defy belief

Yet, which country has gotten it all 100% right? Japan? Singapore?

As WHO said Friday, all will make mistakes. We will learn from others?

I'm to the point I feel obliged to help educate through social media, although I usually only post 3x a year. This is the second one today I'm sharing on my FB. Thanks for the link to the OP @EstrellaEspectral for 9 coronavirus charts everyone should see

I was talking to a family member today after we watched today's WH presser, and they said that folks still just do NOT understand AT ALL. We watched today the information about lowering the curve, and my family member didn't understand it, and also said most folks these days do not watch the pressers as they don't watch tv, and are living their lives with children.

.................so off I go to perhaps get unfriended on facebook (jeez folks, just do a 30 day turn off on me lol)
This is why we need leadership from authorities across the board with strict/clear instructions. The general masses of public cannot be trusted to collectively understand what to do. MOO.

Can you refresh my memory? Is this the cluster from a church? TIA

from your link..

From Cartersville Medical Center, Sunday afternoon:
-5 confirmed positive COVID-19
-55 awaiting test results
27 inpatient
28 discharged home for self-quarantine (hospitalization not required or necessary).

Skype? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :p MOO
My friend is going through Wedding trauma right now.

She paid a lot upfront for her daughter's Easter weekend wedding. They paid the venue and the caterer already. And put up big nonrefundable deposits for many other vendors.:eek:

Hopefully if it is just postponed, she won't lose too much $.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia