Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
trying to order these specific chocolate bars on Amazon that aren't available around here
they have a limit of 2 per customer
lmao (I wanted to get a coronavirus stash)

Last edited:
CT - 26 Residents Test Positive for COVID19 - All Public Schools to Close 3/15/2020:

NOTE: CT is only testing people showing signs of COVID19 and has ONLY conducted 139 tests a/o 3/15/2020. CT has a population of 3.5 million.

26 residents test positive for coronavirus in CT, all public schools to close

Quotes from article:

HARTFORD, CT (WFSB) - The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Connecticut is on the rise.

State officials confirmed 26 residents have now tested positive for COVID-19 in Connecticut.

Governor Ned Lamont signed an executive order on Sunday making all public schools in the state closed for two weeks.

Lamont said over 90% of schools have been closed by Monday.

Lamont said the state is working on a free online education module for students.

The DMV commissioner is authorized to close branches to the public, the governor said.

Municipal budget deadlines will be flexible.

The governor also said he is thinking about closing non-essential places.

Health officials said a patient tested positive at UConn Health on Saturday but was discharged from the hospital. The patient and his family were directed to quarantine.

UConn Health followed all precautions recommended by the CDC to protect our staff, visitors, patients and learners.

Upon arrival the patient was identified and managed as a possible COVID-19 patient and as such all appropriate precautions were taken.

Fortunately the patient is doing well and all notifications have been provided to the local and state public health authorities.

Governor Ned Lamont said there are now 16 confirmed cases in Fairfield County, 4 cases in Litchfield County, 3 in New Haven County, and 3 in Hartford County.

On Saturday, Lamont signed a new executive order which includes social distancing and helping the healthcare industry obtain needed medical equipment.

Town officials in Stratford confirmed a second presumptive case of coronavirus in a high school student Saturday evening.

Officials are asking all Stratford High School students, faculty, and staff to stay at home.

Also on Friday, the South Windsor town manager confirmed a presumptive case of COVID-19, however that person has not yet been tested.

RELATED: South Windsor town manager confirms presumptive case of COVID-19

There are eight patients from Fairfield County, three in Litchfield County and one in Hartford County.

As of Friday, March 13, there have been 137 tests completed in the state. Of those, 125 have come back negative. [BBM]

Rsbm
People ought to realise, It cannot be controlled now. It is too far gone...Rsbm and now you see there is no control. We have to just let it unfold.
It is going to do so regardless X

This is EXACTLY what Dr. Tedros speaks against and which is exactly what he did not want to happen with use of the P word.

I really don’t have time to write a book on this subject.

This is the attitude and misconception that’s going to hurt us.

Yes we are seeing community spread, but everything we DO today still can affect what happens tomorrow.

Yes there is a lot that is out of control right now-mainly people and their inabilities to self isolate.

But yes. The cat is out of the bag.

If people take this seriously, well we can be faring much better.

For those who don’t want to take the situation seriously, why are you even here lol.

People need to learn from China, Italy and the other countries about what all has happened to date.

I’m seeing a lot of misinformed posts that clearly haven’t been studying anything IMO.

Last edited:
Can you refresh my memory? Is this the cluster from a church? TIA

from your link..

From Cartersville Medical Center, Sunday afternoon:
-5 confirmed positive COVID-19
-55 awaiting test results
27 inpatient
28 discharged home for self-quarantine (hospitalization not required or necessary).
Yes

a friend of mine was buried yesterday, I did not attend but heard appx 230 did pay respects. I wonder when funerals will be added to the list....thinking of tears, coughing,hugging.
Also the CDC recommends limiting functions to 50 or less. WTH heck is a future bride to do, if the invitations mailed out already? Yikes.
My best friend buried her husband today. The funeral home did not allow receiving of friends inside so it was held at the gravesite just prior to the graveside service. (Cold and windy too).

Sure
People ought to realise, It cannot be controlled now. It is too far gone. I cannot stresss enough that from here on in, the numbers of confirmed cases and sadly deaths too are only going to rise. And not steadily.. expect a rapid rise and a masssive increase in those numbers. The healthcare system will just have to sit tight and do what they can as and when it comes in. But the number of cases will be much higher than even they anticipated!
I think you are wrong to tell a fellow WS member that he or she "may have created a chain of possible infected people who need to be contacted" because at this stage in the outbreak he or she is merely just a link on that chain of spread As We All Are! Nothing can be achieved by contacting all them people.. they themselves will have had contact with many more.. and now you see there is no control. We have to just let it unfold.
we can control it now. Now we have to go into stricter measures for an amount of time and make the REAL effort to contain. Don’t lose hope!

WASHINGTON DC....on a roll tonight

BREAKING: DC orders all nightclubs closed due to
#coronavirus Restaurants must
Suspend the use of bar seating
Limit table seating to 6
persons or less
Venues licensed as nightclubs and multi-purpose facilities in the District of Columbia must suspend operations

Mark Segraves on Twitter

STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES

a friend of mine was buried yesterday, I did not attend but heard appx 230 did pay respects. I wonder when funerals will be added to the list....thinking of tears, coughing,hugging.
Also the CDC recommends limiting functions to 50 or less. WTH heck is a future bride to do, if the invitations mailed out already? Yikes.

RBBM

This^^^^

We were looking forward to our nephew's wedding in Chicago on 04/04. We cancelled our travel plans.

Unfortunately, the plans are made, along with deposits to the venue.

Ugh.

People ought to realise, It cannot be controlled now. It is too far gone. I cannot stresss enough that from here on in, the numbers of confirmed cases and sadly deaths too are only going to rise. And not steadily.. expect a rapid rise and a masssive increase in those numbers. The healthcare system will just have to sit tight and do what they can as and when it comes in. But the number of cases will be much higher than even they anticipated!
I think you are wrong to tell a fellow WS member that he or she "may have created a chain of possible infected people who need to be contacted" because at this stage in the outbreak he or she is merely just a link on that chain of spread As We All Are! Nothing can be achieved by contacting all them people.. they themselves will have had contact with many more.. and now you see there is no control. We have to just let it unfold.

what?!! no no no we do not have to 'just let it unfold'
we have to do what we can to stop it in its tracks!

I wanted to clear something up. :) Perhaps my original post wasn't clear and for that I apologize. I in no way meant to imply that one particular poster was spreading the virus. What I was trying to say is that the importance of ANYONE getting tested is so that the health department could notify other who were in contact with the infected person so that those contacts could be told to self quarantine thus stopping the spread of the virus.

Last edited by a moderator:
ATLANTA....looks like she might change from 250 to 50

This is a quickly evolving public health crisis. The CDC’s recommendation of limiting public gatherings to 50 people came just as I was signing and announcing this Order. We will continue to evaluate and adjust our policies accordingly.
Keisha Lance Bottoms on Twitter

STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES

This is why we need leadership from authorities across the board with strict/clear instructions. The general masses of public cannot be trusted to collectively understand what to do. MOO.

And when they know what they must do, like STAY HOME, they refuse to put aside their selfishness and insist on going out to bars and restaurants.

The real reason you need widespread testing is to scare some sense into people and justify a strict quarantine.

Oh @book-thinker I'm so sorry you are you are this sick! I'm happy to hear you are less feverish. Has your temperature dropped into the normal range? Please take care and stay in touch. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
The first five days I never checked my temperature, I just knew l was running a temperature, including the headaches and cough. At this point l have been checking my temperature. I’m running a low grade fever, sometimes normal, then it goes back to low grade. One thing my cheeks on my face seem hot faster than other areas. Nothing makes sense...

Kids in my area are not remotely interested in physical labor. They much prefer solitude in their rooms with their phone as company. I anticipate many getting in trouble if they are on leave from school for a couple months. Moo moo
Kids in my area do farm labor, they are looking forward to detasseling and making money. One has already asked me if he could mow my yard. I'm very happy I live where people are motivated to work and pass that along to their children.

MOO

CONNECTICUT...revising the order

Based on new guidance @CDCgov issued tonight that gatherings should be limited to no more than 50 people, tomorrow I will update the executive order I previously issued to correspond with this new recommendation. We’re working on addt'l actions for tomorrow’s order as well.

Governor Ned Lamont on Twitter

STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members