Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you refresh my memory? Is this the cluster from a church? TIA

from your link..

From Cartersville Medical Center, Sunday afternoon:
-5 confirmed positive COVID-19
-55 awaiting test results
27 inpatient
28 discharged home for self-quarantine (hospitalization not required or necessary).
Yes. Liberty Square Church in Cartersville.
Moo

I wanted to clear something up. :) Perhaps my original post wasn't clear and for that I apologize. I in no way meant to implying that one particular poster was spreading the virus. What I was trying to say is that the importance of ANYONE getting tested is so that the health department could notify other who were in contact with the infected person so that those contacts could be told to self quarantine thus stopping the spread of the virus.

Exactly, you still need testing if you are in the mitigation stage. Person A may much more readily self quarantine once he or she knows her coworker tested positive. People in general will go along with stricter measures when they see 10,000 positive cases in NYC. When it’s only a handful of sick people you get the idiots crying hoax and media scam and not doing anything to minimize spread.

.....without NPI's. We all need to remember many of those stats are WITHOUT NPI's, and the reason that countries are doing actions to decrease/flatten the curve. MOO

View attachment 238675

What’s NPI’s? Is that preventative measures?

It appears the UK is just letting everyone get it. No more containment. Scary.

Advice - Ordering food online - You need a back up plan if that isn’t possible.

I don’t want to panic anybody further but you cannot rely on being able to order your food shopping online. You need to have a back up plan for how you can get essentials for you and your pets if you have any.

There are serious problems ordering food online both here in the U.K and the same with Woolworths in Australia, who have suspended online food ordering.

And when they know what they must do, like STAY HOME, they refuse to put aside their selfishness and insist on going out to bars and restaurants.

The real reason you need widespread testing is to scare some sense into people and justify a strict quarantine.
I'm sorry to disagree, but if we don't feel sick, why can't we support our local restaurants?

MOO

CT - Advice from State from Press Conference:

The below advice is ALL that is being provided to the residents of CT as the State currently has next to no testing capabilities and no specific publicly announced plan with a specific timetable to improve the level of testing. There have been no announcements of improved public assistance regarding the issue of testing or financial assistance from the Federal Govt or CDC from either US Senators Murphy or Blumenthal. There is apparently no cooperation agreement in place with New York State for assistance with testing for the residents of the Southern Part of the State (Southern CT is closer to NY than the CT State Capital Hartford).

It appears that the residents of CT are 'on their own' until they get sick and need treatment and then it is unclear whether there will be sufficient hospital resources available for treatment. No quarantine facilities have been announced by the State of CT and no overflow medical treatment facilities have been announced for the residents of Southern CT in particular given the lack of available hospital facilities/beds and ventilators for treatment. There are nearly 1 million residents in the southern portion of the State who effectively have NO ACCESS to TESTING for COVID19.

==================================================

"If you have a fever and cough, and are in the south western part of the state, you should assume you have the coronavirus. You don't need a test to tell you that's what you have. [BBM] You should assume that's the illness you have. Most people will get better at home, especially the younger you are, you should talk to your physician to give you advice on how to care for yourself with COVID-19 at home," said Dr. Matt Cartter, CT epidemiologist.

Advice - Ordering food online - You need a back up plan if that isn’t possible.

I don’t want to panic anybody further but you cannot rely on being able to order your food shopping online. You need to have a back up plan for how you can get essentials for you and your pets if you have any.

There are serious problems ordering food online both here in the U.K and the same with Woolworths in Australia, who have suspended online food ordering.

THANK YOU GREG.

EXACTLY.

I don't know of any here who have gotten the disease. If I get it, I'm starting a thread for myself... just sayin' . I won't be doing a YouTube, but I would share it all here.
I've been sick, but I don't meet the criteria for testing so who knows? It's interesting, though... my son was quite sick the third week of February with fever and sore throat, developed a persistent cough that really just went away a few days ago. Possible? maybe. Likely? No idea. I'm in the DC metro, though, and with all the international travel in this area I have no doubt it's been here awhile.

The first five days I never checked my temperature, I just knew l was running a temperature, including the headaches and cough. At this point l have been checking my temperature. I’m running a low grade fever, sometimes normal, then it goes back to low grade. One thing my cheeks on my face seem hot faster than other areas. Nothing makes sense...
I wish I could reach out across the internet and help in some way. Do you have a private doctor you can call if you can't get through to the helpline? Do you have family with you or nearby? If you start to experience shortness of breath it would be important you get seen by a physician.

Dang....mark this day. Trump and Obama agreeing on something.....thank God..

If you’re wondering whether it’s an overreaction to cancel large gatherings and public events (and I love basketball), here’s a useful primer as to why these measures can slow the spread of the virus and save lives. We have to look out for each other. How canceled events and self-quarantines save lives, in one chart

Barack Obama on Twitter

STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES

NEW THREAD REQUEST:
HOW TO DO SOCIAL DISTANCING WITHIN ONE’S OWN HOME

Do you have COVID-19 JudgeJoe?
—— No thank goodness

Then why you may ask?
—— Because this is like being snowbound without the fun of playing hooky & sledding. And I’m over it already. My family is cranky & I’m going craycray.

I work online from home. But now my spouse’s company has mandated working online from home. And my daughter’s college shut down for the whole quarter. And she lost opportunity for an entire quarter in France- so understandably overjoyed with that development- she was set to fly off in 2 weeks. And now substituting Paris & Provence for 8 luxurious weeks with aging cranky parents. So we moved her home, to our downsized house- as we sold our family home last fall in celebration of the proverbial empty nest. We have no room for all the extra crap everywhere. And storage units are full with other college students crap in the same boat. I am doing really bizarre yoga positioning to squeeze thru a crowded living room to get to the kitchen where I can stress eat & gain back all the weight I’ve lost in the last year.

Yes I know things could be much worse. We’ve not lost a loved one to this horrid bug. I am grateful. So no need to refer me to all the media links. I know what the experts say. Just bringing a little sarcasm & humor to this dismal twist of life.

PS: someone please call 911 if you notice that I’ve stopped posting here. It probably means I’m trapped under dorm stuff & my family can’t find me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia