Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry to disagree, but if we don't feel sick, why can't we support our local restaurants?

MOO

Have you read anything in the past 24 threads about the aspects of asymtomatic transmission, etc etc?

Yeah it’s great to support local restaurants.

That’s not the priority right now in the middle of a global health crisis/pandemic.

We are talking life and death here for many people.

Follow the advice of your Governor.

They’re obviously shutting things down for a reason.

They’re not doing this out of the blue for nothing.

Instacart is a nightmare right now. Low and out of everything.

Prepare for the fact that you may not be able to totally rely on delivery. There may be delays and low stock, etc etc.

I recommend getting whatever food you can now. I’m not trying to cause panic. Get what you can now. Prepare to stay in. Get whatever food you can now with whatever budgets you have available. Prepare for lockdown. Moo. Jmo.
My Trader Joe's was stunningly out of food .

Empty refrigerated fruits and vegetables. No carrots. Regular vegetables almost wiped out: No potatoes, no onions, no lemons, no herbs. No breads or Naan or tortillas.

Frozen food cases empty: One lonely cauliflower pizza. No fish, no frozen vegs, very little milk, no butter, no eggs Not many snacks. No nuts or fruit mixes

Was totally weird. The checker said it was really a double-hit: Friday the Panic hit and the store had the highest single-days sales ever. And because of a big snowstorm, the supply trucks couldn't make it over the Sierra passes from Stockton.

And Lowe's, CVS, and the supermarkets were absolutely out of hand sanitizer, Lysol, or wipes. Some TP and some paper towels available. Not a thermometer to be found, anywhere.

It was very apocalyptic.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to disagree, but if we don't feel sick, why can't we support our local restaurants?

MOO
Because people who have it can be contagious for several days (3-4) before they realize they are ill (if they even ever feel ill at all).

Unlike flu which I believe averages 1 day contagious prior to symptoms appearing.

MOO until I can fink the link to where I read that.

My family and I live very close to a large HEB Grocery store here in West Texas. They are out of everything basic due to the heavy buying by big crowds at all times now inside the store. We have always shopped inside , but have noticed their "Curbside Pick-Up Shopping" area. We just set down and on-line ordered a small basic order for an experiment( yes, we ordered more toilet paper...LOL !). You can order no fresh beef except hamburger. We are supposed to pick it up next Saturday ! between 1-1:30pm....... I will let yall know how this works out ( they do not guarantee to have everything you order).......moo

But if we have symptoms, we are told to stay home & self quarantine. Unless we just flew in from China.
My state only wants us to call the hotline, then they collect the data for statistical purposes, I suppose. Moo
The point of being tested is so that the public health agencies can notify people you have been in close contact with, ask them to self isolate thus stopping the chain of infection you may have created. It's simply trying to control the spread so our healthcare system can handle the number of people who may need ICU care.

March 15, 2020 10:16PM EDTrbbm
'One of Canada’s biggest airlines has confirmed that three passengers who recently arrived in Toronto have tested positive for COVID-19.

WestJet said that the public health agency of Canada informed the airline that one guest on board a Mar. 11 flight from London, England’s Gatwick Airport (WS 4) has tested positive for COVID-19.

The airline is advising guests, who were seated in rows 10-16 of WestJet flight 4, returning to Toronto Pearson Airport from London Gatwick (LGW), to self-isolate and to call their own public health units.'

'WestJet went on to say that Canada’s public health agency told them that two other passengers who flew on a flight from Phoenix, Ariz. on Feb. 28 (WS1199) had tested also positive.

“Peel Public Health’s investigation has determined that the two cases may have been able to pass the virus to others during their return. Guests who were seated in rows 18-22 of WestJet flight 1199, returning to Toronto Pearson Airport from the Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix on February 28, are directed to self-isolate and call Peel Public Health immediately.”

Sounds like you live in Stepford.
No Nebraska. Our state thrives on hard work. We are proud of our work ethic and the fact that we contribute to the food supply and economy of the US. I am proud that I am a farmers daughter, although I can't physically farm now, I've loaded hay (first cut alfalfa which is heavy), picked up corn left in the field after the season harvest, but as a girl cooked endless meals for the farm crew. I am proud to help supply the US with food.

Last edited:
Instacart is a nightmare right now. Low and out of everything.

Prepare for the fact that you may not be able to totally rely on delivery. There may be delays and low stock, etc etc.

I recommend getting whatever food you can now. I’m not trying to cause panic. Get what you can now. Prepare to stay in. Get whatever food you can now with whatever budgets you have available. Prepare for lockdown. Moo. Jmo.
I agree

Had to drive through downtown San Antonio today near River Walk. Dreary day, yet scads of people were walking around as if, "What virus?" Unbelievable. Spring break in TX extended - lots of families with kids. Just wanted to stop the car and scream. This is not a vacation. The extended break is to stop the spread of a disease that could scar your lungs, kill your children, or kill you.
I heard 3 carloads of local teens will drive to FL tomorrow to “chill”. Moo Idk why any parent would allow their kids to go on vacay at this time. I guess because the kids are unbearable to live with. Giving them money & the car keys is easier.....idk

But if we have symptoms, we are told to stay home & self quarantine. Unless we just flew in from China.
My state only wants us to call the hotline, then they collect the data for statistical purposes, I suppose. Moo
Absolutely, you should stay home if you have symptoms. But if/when we get testing to the masses, wouldn't it be nice for people to be able to self quarantine BEFORE they get symptoms (hopefully before they are contagious) ? If they knew they had been exposed to a person with a positive coronavirus test, they could do that and not spread the virus to others. I'm sure it will depend on the state and how readily available the tests are.

Edited to add: Sorry all. I don't mean to hijack the thread. This is my last post on the subject. :)

Sorry all, I’ve not posted because it’s too close to home. I live in coastal Louisiana town..no sanitizers, no wipes etc. DH is doctor in CA hot zone. Not sure if he can come home in April.

Meanwhile son working on east coast for defense contractor was supposed to go to Spain.. he just got over CHF with double lung pneumonia. Terrified beyond all sensibility. They cancelled Spain ;/

And now I must self quarantine in small Cajun town with Ø healthy food. Over 71 w| auto immune disorder— Ménière’s—trying to find food distribution,,have no kin here. Prayers to God, Buddha, Moon Goddess, Zoroaster, Green Man whatever works, including Ravens of the
Morrigan. Blessings and thanks
T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members