Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CDC Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers:

Very useful information for employers and employees alike regarding COVID19

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) - Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
I looked at that info the other day. Good info with printable posters as well.

I’ll be asking our employees if they have anyone with a fever in their household, daily. We may offer paid leave for 14 days if we get a yes to that question. Hoping to thwart the spread of those contagious without symptoms showing.

WASHINGTON

“It is time, right now, for people to assume that they and everyone they meet is infected.” King County, WA, as confirmed cases reach 420, bans gatherings of 50+, orders restaurants, bars, theaters, gyms, and similar venues to cease operations until March 31 #COVID19 Meg Tirrell on Twitter

Meg Tirrell on Twitter

STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

No, we must not just let it unfold. Closing down schools, bars, restaurants, amusement parks, no gatherings of more than 50 people, etc will have positive effect on flattening the curve, which is #1 priority right now. We won't have enough hospital beds if the spread is not controlled NOW.

Last edited by a moderator:
CANADA

So it is now clear that there is greater community transmission of #COVID19 in Canada.
This is the time (early in our epidemic) where social distancing, staying at home if sick, and hand hygiene will have the greatest benefit in reducing the impact this has on our country.

Isaac Bogoch on Twitter

STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES

The first five days I never checked my temperature, I just knew l was running a temperature, including the headaches and cough. At this point l have been checking my temperature. I’m running a low grade fever, sometimes normal, then it goes back to low grade. One thing my cheeks on my face seem hot faster than other areas. Nothing makes sense...
That's exactly what I've been doing. Still doesn't make sense but at least you're not alone. Kinda feels like the old days and all those hot flashes.

Dr. Birx:
Remarks by President Trump, Vice President Pence, and Members of the Coronavirus Task Force in Press Briefing | The White House
So if you have any respiratory symptoms, you want to protect yourself and treat yourself, but you also want to protect others. And so let’s everyone assume, when they have a respiratory illness, that you have a contagious illness because if it isn’t allergies, it’s contagious. And let’s use those precautions across the board, and let’s — when you get a negative test, that means you’re negative that day. That doesn’t mean that you couldn’t get the virus spreading overnight, because it replicates in your nose and your nasal secretions, and you would have a positive test tomorrow.

So if you have a negative test, that doesn’t mean that you can discontinue precautions. It doesn’t mean you can start taking risks because you were negative. So let’s ensure that if you had symptoms, you are contagious; let’s treat yourself as being contagious. And if you have a negative test, let’s make sure that you’re still protecting others from whatever you do have and that doesn’t reassure you personally and you take additional risk.
So essentially take precautions until we hear otherwise is my take from Dr. Birx. All respiratory illnesses are contagious, if one is tested for Corona & is negative, they are negative for one day & mustn’t relax precautions they are taking.
Again, how often should public figures be tested?
Moo

Timeline for major updates (GMT)
15 March
  • 23:20: 79 new cases in Brazil. (Source)
  • 19:44: 1,228 new cases and 3 new deaths in Germany. (Source)
  • 19:41: 1,452 new cases and 96 new deaths in Spain. (Source)
  • 19:39: 924 new cases and 36 new deaths in France. (Source)
  • 17:10: 3,590 new cases and 368 new deaths in Italy. (Source)
  • 15:40: 232 new cases and 14 new deaths in the United Kingdom. (Source)
  • 11:03: 1,209 new cases and 113 new deaths in Iran. (Source)
  • 08:39: 10 new cases in Norway. (Source)
  • 08:36: 3 new deaths in the Philippines. (Source)
  • 08:15: 42 new cases in Austria. (Source)
Tracking coronavirus: Map, data and timeline

OKLAHOMA.....wow, just wow

So it turns out the Utah Jazz didn’t buy these tests privately.
Instead, the state of Oklahoma used 60% of their daily test capacity (100 tests) on testing players and staff from an NBA team.

Sawyer Hackett on Twitter

STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES
I think that was a wise strategy on the part of the state.
Shutting down those games was essential and saved a lot of lives, potentially.

I can't think of a better use of those tests, at that time. It shut down the NBA, stopping thousAnds and thousands of people nation-wide, from being possibly infected.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I think there will be many more than restaurants and their employees affected by this. There are many small businesses, mine included, that will be hurting simply because of the uncertainty that surrounds the economy right now and how it affects purchasing. Add to that the impact of childcare problems on the workforce and illness and you have even more problems. It’s scary for all businesses I imagine. Large corps are reeling with stock drops. Oil companies are in a free fall. I wouldn’t want to be figuring out a stimulus package that works. I bet the numbers are frightening.

Last edited by a moderator:
NYC

** New #COVID19 guidance for New York City **
Everyone in NYC should act as if they have been exposed to coronavirus. That means monitoring your health closely and staying home from work if you are sick. New Yorkers who are not sick should also stay home as much as possible.

You should only leave your home for essential tasks, such as work (if you cannot work from home), getting groceries and supplies or essential medical care. Try to use delivery services when possible.

If you are sick, STAY HOME. If you do not feel better in 3 to 4 days, consult with your health care provider. Try to call, text, telemedicine or use your patient portal to contact your physician.

Stay home for seven days after your symptoms started and for three days after your fever has stopped without the use of fever-reducing drugs, such as Tylenol and ibuprofen, and your cough or sore throat symptoms have improved.

All New Yorkers must monitor their health carefully at
this time. Only seek health care if you are very sick. We need to make sure people with severe illness will
be able to stay in a hospital or intensive care unit if they need to.

Testing should only be used for people who need to be hospitalized for severe illness like pneumonia. This protects health care workers and may affect treatment options.

If you are only mildly ill, you can save the life of another New Yorker by staying home to ensure health care resources go to those who need them the most. Take care of others by staying home.
More: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) - NYC Health
nycHealthy on Twitter

STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads