Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Infuriating. Right? Oh and they got their results in 4 hours.

He infected teammates and other players as well. The jazz player Donavan Mitchell who was identified as positive from the test visited a high school in town the day before the game and Oklahoma’s Health department said no risk. Mistakenly. This is the kind of misinformation that is xxxx infuriating! Would also be the cause for the rant by the dr in the earlier video I shared.

Mid-Del school officials issue statement after Utah Jazz player who visited school tests positive for COVID-19
Officials from Mid-Del Schools have spoken with the state of Oklahoma’s epidemiologist and he has assured the district that the students and staff who were present at the shootaround with Utah Jazz Player Donovan Mitchell are not at risk for contamination of the Coronavirus.

Have you read anything in the past 24 threads about the aspects of asymtomatic transmission, etc etc?

Yeah it’s great to support local restaurants.

That’s not the priority right now in the middle of a global health crisis/pandemic.

We are talking life and death here for many people.

Follow the advice of your Governor.

They’re obviously shutting things down for a reason.

They’re not doing this out of the blue for nothing.
Respectfully, people are following advice from authorities. In my area, restaurants are still widely open. Stores and theaters as well. Some theaters have gone to selling 50% of seats in any give auditorium for social distancing. I’ve seen two movies in a theater this week, visited several restaurants and also shopped in several retail stores. I know what my risks are and I evaluate them everyday, as things change. What’s right for one person may not be right for someone else. I support everyone here, in whatever preparations and safety measures they choose.

For some reason, I just thought of all those people that have to commute to work on trains.
Where I live, everyone drives their own car so train commutes don't enter my mind very often. What about elevators - yikes.

I have it easy compared to a lot of folks - I guess a benefit of living in Redneckville.

I was speaking to one of our Dr's yesterday. He said that one of the treatments that is showing promise is Chloroquine (one of the medications used to treat malaria) and zinc! I've been using zinc lozenges all winter. I've had great luck with no colds or flu for the two years I've been using them. Luck? Maybe. Or maybe not!
I am not really sure it's true about chloroquine. There is a lot of conflicting information circulating now. Also some people are trying to make $$$$.
"In a press conference on February 20, Janet Diaz, head of clinical care within the WHO Emergencies Programme, said that “for chloroquine, there is no proof that that is an effective treatment at this time.”"
Chloroquine has not been approved as a treatment for COVID-19

NYC

** New #COVID19 guidance for New York City **
Everyone in NYC should act as if they have been exposed to coronavirus. That means monitoring your health closely and staying home from work if you are sick. New Yorkers who are not sick should also stay home as much as possible.

You should only leave your home for essential tasks, such as work (if you cannot work from home), getting groceries and supplies or essential medical care. Try to use delivery services when possible.

If you are sick, STAY HOME. If you do not feel better in 3 to 4 days, consult with your health care provider. Try to call, text, telemedicine or use your patient portal to contact your physician.

Stay home for seven days after your symptoms started and for three days after your fever has stopped without the use of fever-reducing drugs, such as Tylenol and ibuprofen, and your cough or sore throat symptoms have improved.

All New Yorkers must monitor their health carefully at
this time. Only seek health care if you are very sick. We need to make sure people with severe illness will
be able to stay in a hospital or intensive care unit if they need to.

Testing should only be used for people who need to be hospitalized for severe illness like pneumonia. This protects health care workers and may affect treatment options.

If you are only mildly ill, you can save the life of another New Yorker by staying home to ensure health care resources go to those who need them the most. Take care of others by staying home.
More: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) - NYC Health
nycHealthy on Twitter

STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES

I tend to think tests are available, for the right reasons. Since there is no treatment & the test is only valid for “that day”, it was decided early on to use them wisely. Like the NBA debacle. It was imperative they got tested. Moo
Whereas an otherwise healthy person with little social contact poses little risk to the nation. Jmo

Think of an elevator with a cougher/sneezer along for the ride.
For some reason, I just thought of all those people that have to commute to work on trains.
Where I live, everyone drives their own car so train commutes don't enter my mind very often. What about elevators - yikes.

I have it easy compared to a lot of folks - I guess a benefit of living in Redneckville.

For the first time since I got this way, I'm thrilled to be fat. I can live a long time without food if I need to give up my portions to feed my kids or my dogs.
lol

I'm afraid of not being able to get my hands on fresh vegetables and fruits. I need romaine lettuce. Where can I find it? or order it in my case since we are self-isolating.

VENEZUELA

(Reuters) - Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro on Sunday ordered businesses to close and citizens to remain in their homes in a "social quarantine" affecting six states and the capital, Caracas, starting on Monday to slow the spread of the coronavirus.

Saying there "is no other option," Maduro added: "We either go into quarantine, or the pandemic could brutally and tragically bring down our country."

Authorities will allow exceptions to the quarantine to allow for the functioning of transport, health and food delivery services, he said.

The military was deployed around the country on Sunday as part of what the government called an effort to support the health system.

Venezuela orders 'social quarantine' in response to coronavirus

STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES

True but think of fast food places with people sprawled on the counter, kids running their chubby little hands all over it, etc. where does it end?

About 10 years ago, I took my son to a fast food restaurant. I always used the drive thrus but he wanted to go inside. It was disgusting. I have not been in a fast food restaurant since then. Dirty floors, dirty tables, drink spills , stick floors, etc. Gross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia