Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If 300 million test kits were available and we all tested negative, what about next month when we got the virus? Would we expect them to have 300 million more test kits?
exactly! Or, like Dr. Birx said, you can get it the SAME night, after having the test.

I was lucky enough to be outside most of the day, I pretend “it” is on every surface I touch. Even obscure items, I find myself thinking, “when was this used last, and by whom.”
Like the grill & the outside faucet.

Sleep is important to keep up your immune system. I often have insomnia anyway, so I've learned to practice a variety of methods to help me fall asleep and stay asleep.

If I may, I''l share a few:

*Don't use cell phone, tablet or laptop right before sleeping or when waking up too early (blue light emitted by screen restrains production of melatonin)

*Dark, cool room (I often sleep with the window open slightly)

*Avoid caffeine late in the day

*Relax and breathe - concentrate on your breath in and out, and not all the stuff in you brain. (Tough I know)

*Getting up in the middle of the night, keep lights off if possible.

*Imagine relaxing each part of your body separately, from head to toe (often referred to as the military method)

*Visualize a calm place. Your brain can't tell the difference between imagining the beach (or wherever your preference) and not being there.

*Old fall back - counting sheep. It's a simple, rhythmic, repetitive exercise similar to concentrating on breathing with a bonus - images of cute (identical) white fluffy sheep

All moo, but things that work for me.

All such great advice and much appreciated!
Turning off phone to catch webslueths updates both here and crimes I'm following, way behind on those I must add has proven to be most difficult!!
Usually a thread or 3 will induce sleep but planning on following some of your wise suggestions tonight!
Thank you

Take a break....watch Keith Urban on Instagram at this link....

Nicole Kidman is husband Keith Urban’s number one fan! Keith Urban was supposed to play the annual Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo but with growing coronavirus concerns the show was canceled — but that didn’t stop Urban from performing. The country star took to Instagram Monday night with a live-streamed concert and was joined by wife and Big Little Lies star Nicole Kidman.

“You’re up baby,” Nicole said as Urban began to play.

Watch Nicole Kidman Dance While Hubby Keith Urban Plays Guitar

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS! I went off on a Keith Urban binge for a minute.....just what I needed.

I've been thinking a lot about how this will change the world. Yesterday I told a friend who is just starting to wrap her head around it that this will end up being as significant as the Great Depression. I think our society is going to change dramatically in the next couple years as we deal with the virus and the fallout from it.

I seriously doubt the world will ever be as it once was.
Not for anyone over 50, Jmo.
Maybe young people will learn from this & realize the importance of saving for a rainy or virus day. Some might learn what is really important in life.
Think about a normal, pre Covid 19 day, all the things we touched, a lot of times unable to properly wash our hands. Every item we touch was touched by how many? Just touching a door knob is a risk.

Maybe young people will learn from this & realize the importance of saving for a rainy or virus day. Some might learn what is really important in life.
Think about a normal, pre Covid 19 day, all the things we touched, a lot of times unable to properly wash our hands. Every item we touch was touched by how many? Just touching a door knob is a risk.
I already miss the “old” days!

I used hand sanitizer pre-covid. Of course good luck finding it now.

PENNSYLVANIA

Philly police will delay arrests for all drug charges, thefts, stolen cars, vandalism and several other charges because of the coronavirus, @samanthamelamed @MikeNewall report. With courts closed by pandemic, Philly police stop low-level arrests to manage jail crowding

Oh boy. This is one piece of news that I wish officials could have secretly kept it to themselves. Not good to be announcing this as the future vandals and other future petty criminals may think this is a free ticket to go on a vandalism spree.

Im praying for everyone at this point. We are all in this together and we need some divine intervention to help us all.

So, I don't post much, but i try to read and follow along as much as I can and have learned so much from all of you. I work in Psych NP role out of a ED and we implemented some serious measures over the weekend. Worked yesterday and it was like a different world... eerie really... 1 visitor max in 24 hr period per pt and that will likely change to none soon... mask at all times within hospital (masks don't mix well with coffee addictiono_O, but less coffee will not be a bad thing... looking to make lemonade out of lemons)... no elective surgeries... much less activity in hospital, but it feels eerie. Weird/uncomfortable energy in the air... i am sure everyone realizes that it is the calm before the storm and the storm will last for a while....

I keep thinking that the potential mental health impact of this pandemic cannot be overstated and wanted to just tell you that i am in awe of all of you as you take such good care of eachother. This goes such a long way and will become more and more important as this progresses. Please continue to do this for eachother as it has potential to save lives.

Thank you for serving in mental health!!

In Virginia, most of our MH pts. have community based Mental Health Professionals. They visit in the home, keep them on track, make sure they take meds, go to Dr visits. Once MH agencies stop seeing this client base, we'll see increased inpatient.

Last edited:
Oh boy. This is one piece of news that I wish officials could have secretly kept it to themselves. Not good to be announcing this as the future vandals and other future petty criminals may think this is a free ticket to go on a vandalism spree.

Im praying for everyone at this point. We are all in this together and we need some divine intervention to help us all.
Just ridiculous. But our local PD had a front page, pre Covid announcement. They notified is they only had 4 LE on duty after 11 pm. Moo

A European doctor figured out a way too make ONE ventilator work for 9 patients at once!

#COVID19 Heard from a European doc: "Every ventilator becomes like gold. Anyone who needs a ventilator but can't get one will die..." Every US hospital preparing for #coronavirus should consider this genius workaround to increase ventilator capacity! https://youtube.com/watch?v=uClq978oohY&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR1EFEdzrgi_tBkvlPg02oBhJt5KDzpm-dqPHxO_1tDy5lW-sLXTbVjNEjk…
Quote Tweet

jTqrlkcw_normal.jpg

alan drummond

@alandrummond2
· 4h
So in ten minutes the evil genius who is one of our GP anaesthetists (with a PhD in diaphragmatic mechanics) increased our rural hospitals ventilator capacity from one to nine!!!

I've been thinking a lot about how this will change the world. Yesterday I told a friend who is just starting to wrap her head around it that this will end up being as significant as the Great Depression. I think our society is going to change dramatically in the next couple years as we deal with the virus and the fallout from it.

I think a lot of remote work will stay that way. Many businesses have been resistant to this concept, but once they see that workers can be productive without having to pay the costs of office rent/electricity/etc, many companies will not go back to office work. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia