Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:p:p:p
The Worst States to Live in if You Have Allergies

Imo, these states pose a big problem for transmitting covid 19, now that spring sprung. So many symptoms mimic Covid 19. In KY, everyone I know seems to suffer from seasonal allergies. The entire state sneezes & coughs, for months.

Finally! We (Mississippi) are finally 1st in something! Oh wait... No 1 means #50! Lol!

Absolutely the worst time to have quit drinking years ago: "If I'd only known!"

Also, Defense Production Act still unused. WTF? And our Leader had this exchange:

Reporter: For those people who have lost their jobs already, or they’re worried about to lose it tomorrow, what do you want them to do now?

Trump: What they do right now is keep receiving their paychecks.
Hopefully, their companies will been in a strong position. We want to keep everything together. We think we’ll have a tremendous bounce back. Some people agree with that strongly, some of our top economists say once we solve the problem, we’re working on the medical problem. So we want them to keep their jobs, stay where you are, and we’ll see what happens. If they don’t, we unemployment, checks, a lot of very positive things.”

[emphases mine]​
I’m part of a huge payroll page where we share ideas and info. I have lost count of the number of inquiries about what to do if the employer can’t afford to keep paying people.

Each state has their own rules/laws about final pay, vacation payout, benefit continuation, employee loans, etc. Employers are shuttering their small businesses in huge numbers. If no one pays for the service they provide, regardless of industry, employees are the first to go.

Salary and wages are one of the highest expenses for a business. I don’t know how anyone, much less our leaders, can expect people to remain calm, when their ability to survive is yanked out from under them with no notice.

I truly fear for our people. I hope the suicide hotline, child abuse hotline and domestic abuse hotline are all manned 24/7. It’s getting ugly already.

Has Trudeau tested for COVID-19 yet, given that his wife tested positive?

No, he is self isolating and does not have any symptoms - waste of a test kit to test him as per his medical advisor. His wife is quarantined in a separate part of their home while he and his children are self isolating within the rest of the home.

Online Co-Vid test
Doctors made a tool to help decide what to do if you have coronavirus-like symptoms

..."Doctors know that crowded waiting rooms could make the problem worse because people sick with COVID-19 could infect others, speeding the overall rate of infection," David Wright, MD, chair of the Department of Emergency Medicine at Emory University School of Medicine, told ABC News.

Recognizing this dilemma, Wright and his colleagues created a free online tool, working with health care software company Vital, called the Coronavirus Checker (C19check.com) to help people evaluate their risk of COVID-19 before heading to a hospital. The physicians wanted to help prevent a surge on the health care system.

Love this idea and Americans are certainly stepping up to help one another during this crisis. Bravo!

the same businesses in my area are open as well, a very broad list, imo. Lowe’s is packed, I drove past a few minutes ago. So much for isolating & distancing. As long as things are open, people will come, more than 10, for sure.

The one trade that is essential on his list is construction workers. That gives me some relief because we have finally found a nfp to fix our house since we are still displaced from Hurricane Sandy.

I don't think we will know until they can test for antibodies ~ assuming we DO develop antibodies.

I think this virus has been around longer than officially recognized.
Ita, no one will ever know how many recovered (or not) before the first ‘diagnosed’ case, imo. The big thing is if one recovers, will they have immunity & for how long.....stay tuned. I think this is here to stay, even with a vaccine, it will be like the flu, some will still get it. A lot of us won’t take a vaccine or won’t be able to for med reasons.
Moving forward, everyone has to be more aware, I think.
I’ll think twice about large gatherings like concerts, rodeos, festivals, etc. knowing how it hangs on stainless steel, I doubt I’ll ever be interested in dining out, I’m not fond of dirty menus, dirty towels used to wipe things down merely transferring crud from one table to the next.

No, he is self isolating and does not have any symptoms - waste of a test kit to test him as per his medical advisor. His wife is quarantined in a separate part of their home while he and his children are self isolating within the rest of the home.

What a contrast between the Canadian media and the U.S. media, the latter who were relentless about testing for the President, even though there were no symptoms.

San Diego only has 139 cases and 0 deaths. I think that's good for such a large, populated and vacation hot spot.

But how many people are positive who are not getting tested? No matter what anyone says, minorities are usually the last ones who would be tested, along with the homeless population. That is the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214