Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NEW YORK -- Extremist groups, including neo-Nazis and other white supremacist groups, have encouraged members to spread COVID-19 to police officers and Jews, according to an FBI report obtained by ABC News.

"Members of extremist groups are encouraging one another to spread the virus, if contracted, through bodily fluids and personal interactions," according to the alert issued by the FBI's New York office Thursday.

Intercepted messages from these groups show members were asked to use spray bottles filled with body fluids to attack police. Others were directed to spread to Jews by going to "any place they may be congregated, to include markets, political offices, businesses and places of worship."

Extremist groups encourage members to spread coronavirus to police, Jews: FBI alert
Lord Help Us ! The haters still demand attention, guess that will never change first responders have Enough to Worry about under normal circumstances! Prayers for you All . And Thank you

The Hottest Parties in Town Are Now Online

"The party, named Homeschoolin’, was easy to find: It was on D.J. D-Nice’s Instagram live.

Since Wednesday, Derrick Jones, 49, more popularly known as D-Nice, has held streams of hourslong jam sessions from his home in Los Angeles. He plays all of the hits, new and old, but you never hear the same song twice.

As people streamed in and out of his livestream, he gave shout-outs to health care and emergency medical workers helping to get the country through the pandemic......Over 4,000 people were in attendance, including headliners like Jennifer Lopez, Drake, Naomi Campbell, Diddy, Mary J. Blige, DJ Khaled, T.I., Queen Latifah and Tracee Ellis Ross."

D-Nice on Instagram: “3pm PST we are going live! Tell your friends!”

Last edited:
THREAD: If the concern is that asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic younger Americans (millennials) are continuing to spread #Coronavirus because they don't heed warnings, you could require anyone between certain ages to wear a procedure mask when they go out. 1/n
Scott Gottlieb, MD on Twitter
Where exactly are you going to get such a mask, that is the question.

AND SO IT BEGINS.....

TAMPA, Fl. (WFLA) — Five University of Tampa students are recovering after testing positive for COVID-19 during spring break, the school said.

The university said the students were traveling together and with other UT students during spring break before testing positive. The school didn’t say where they went during their break or if they lived on or off campus.

College students in Florida test positive for coronavirus after spring break trip

So I moved my answer from another (poll) thread. It is more about how we all should change.
It could well be that during the SARS outbreak, scientists scrambled to create a vaccine that was successful during the testing trials on animals and in other stages. I'm not sure exactly how far they got with it when SARS diminished and vanished completely... and so the vaccine was shelved. But SARS seems to be very similar in more ways than 1 to CV-19, perhaps it is a 'one they made earlier' that they have turned to!! It does make one wonder, where do these viruses disappear to until they next break-out? X

They disappear to their natural habitat. Bats and Himalayan civets.
With SARS and communist China. SARS was worse, but two factors worked positively. First, it was in a totally rural area. So the Chinese government totally isolated it.
Second, at that time, fewer people from China were traveling as tourists. It was 20 years ago.
SARS and COVID 19 are very similar in being coronaviruses. I think they planned to use one antibody sitting on the “spike” to mount the immune response to it. I wonder if the antibodies in SARS and COVID 19 are different, though.
Now, in general, I read that a lot of viruses coming to us from China (it is not a negative opinion of China). Simply because of its agrarian sector and a huge amount of chickens that are natural reservoirs for many of them.
It makes total sense to me as varicella virus is harvested in chick embryos.
If so, maybe looking at the conditions they are raised could help?
As to natural reservoirs, such as bats, pangolins and civets. I applaud the decision of Chinese government to outlaw wet markets, but the problem is, they still exist in other Asian countries.
Maybe teaching Asians the dangers of the wet markets would help?
And it is a great idea to close this contact between the humans and the wilderness anyhow.
I read somewhere that Ebola outbreak was traced to certain African large animals, I need to read more about it. Anyhow, this habit, to eat wild animals, is not safe. Even domesticated ones, cows, sheeps and goats have scrapies and mad cow disease; we simply don’t know what the wild ones carry.
Maybe we simply need less meat?

ETA: Transmission | Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever | CDC

I did not find anything about African cats, but CDC mentions hunting wild prey in general as means to get deadly viruses.

Think of this, large carnivores eat whatnot. Either they have better immune system than us, or they all can be natural reservoirs for some nasty stuff. I read about two cases of domestic dogs infected with coronavirus, I see no reason why wild animals can’t get more “pests” that could infect us.

I think that this “trophy hunting” should stop, too. Rich hunters come, pay the locals, kill some rare beast, and leave its meat to the locals to eat. This is another way to spread some nasty diseases.

And while I am very much against Chinese poachers, in one thing I have more hope for China. They are incredibly disciplined, so some educational campaigns will work better for them.

What about our own people? We should educate them instead of just selling them hunting licenses. Deers and ducks could well be reservoirs of some nasty pests, yet unknown to humans.

I am not a vegetarian, thinking of becoming a pescatarian for this very reason.

@Ozoner is right. Malthus predicted wars and diseases alongside with exponential population growth.

+
My son contracted what I thought was a simple cold. The second day, he said his throat felt like fire. The third day he had a fever, and said it hurt to breath - like someone was sitting on his a chest. I took him to the doctor and they wouldn’t test him. Sent him home and said if he ended up in the hospital, then they would test him. How can the statistics be even close without testing?

Ridiculous that they won't test him.. I hope he feels better soon.

Government not practicing social distancing in updates. All camera crowding. Kinda like, "Do as I say, not as I do."
Is there much our government is doing right ?
AMEN to that .... 2 days ago a lady medical expert was on national TV (USA) telling everybody about avoiding crowds , hand washing , and especially no touching your face after handling things or being in public because that is the main way virus gets into the body

.... all the while she is constantly licking her fingers to turn the pages of her notes ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member