Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So true. I can hear how stressed my son is now, with a child and a mortgage, and his wife being laid off, and financial stress, as he worries about his own job. And he is worried about us. He got so mad at me when he heard that hubby and I went to Walmart 2 weeks ago. I have never ever been scolded by my son before. lol...

He has a lot of family support and has good coping skills, but I can still hear the fear and tension in his voice. I am sure many millions are feeling the same way.

Your son is lucky to have to you to talk to. Yes, I fear these are the people that are extremely vulnerable for the economic blowback. So many young lives like his will be marked forever for the fear and uncertainty it brought to their lives.

I wish the best for your family.

Dr. Sanjay Gupta, just now on CNN Town hall, said we should all behave as if we have the virus because majority of people in China who got infected got the virus from people who did NOT know they had it. Can't find link right now.
For me, I pretend that everyone else I see has the virus and that's a good reason to keep them at zombie distance.

This model predicts the last day each state can act before the point of no return
CovidActNow.org was created by a team of data scientists, engineers, and designers in partnership with epidemiologists, public health officials, and political leaders to help understand how the COVID-19 pandemic will affect their region.

This tool is built to enable political leaders to quickly make decisions in their Coronavirus response informed by best available data and modeling.

We built this tool to answer critically important questions such as:

• What will the impact be in my region be and when can I expect it?
  • How long until my hospital system is under severe pressure?
  • What is my menu of interventions, and how will they address the spread of Coronavirus?

“Some workers who fear for themselves or loved ones have chosen to stay home without pay. Others have stayed on the job because they depend on the paycheck, and for that reason the union has refrained from calling for a shutdown.”

Some UAW plants are resisting a shutdown because it would be considered a “temporary shutdown” not a “layoff” of workers.
layoff = unemployment benefits
temporary shutdown - no unemployment
Maybe not. I was able to get unemployment (NJ) because I'm unable to substitute for the moment. I apply every summer normally as there is eligibility for the "seasonal work/and yes I plan to return to work in September" reason. This time, CV was in the drop-down menu as the reason - for illness and for loss of work. JMO

Our Michigan Governor announced today that we are on EXTENDED closures until April 13th now.
We are bunkered down, plus it is showing like crazy here so we are OK for now to just stay in and stay safe and healthy !!!

So, is that the second state to do such? I just came across this site today that each state has different scenarios as to shut down effects. I do think that each governor has seen statistical modeling for their states in differing scenarios.

This model predicts the last day each state can act before the point of no return

CovidActNow.org was created by a team of data scientists, engineers, and designers in partnership with epidemiologists, public health officials, and political leaders to help understand how the COVID-19 pandemic will affect their region.

This tool is built to enable political leaders to quickly make decisions in their Coronavirus response informed by best available data and modeling.

We built this tool to answer critically important questions such as:

• What will the impact be in my region be and when can I expect it?
  • How long until my hospital system is under severe pressure?
  • What is my menu of interventions, and how will they address the spread of Coronavirus?
Interesting. And scary as hell.

I work with many physicians and nurses that are on the front lines. I've worked with these people for decades in some case, and I see how very honest and realistic they are.

I fear for the lives of these people. This is a crushing failure of people flaunting restrictions to recognize the severe risk they put essential people face multiple times a day.

Please enforce the shut-down. Please get after any politician who does not enforce a complete shut-down

Really , really good people are at huge risk

I do not like this. Some folks are non-functional without this. And if a person with an autoimmune disorder discontinues this, it will take a full six weeks for it to kick in when they restart it. When not treated, people with lupus or RA can suffer actual damage to their bodies. I don’t think pharmacy boards should decide if a patient should be treated or not.

NO, I think the doctors are doing what you want them to do. They are restricting prescriptions for new uses of this drug, to save it for people already using it for auto immune issues.

:"In addition to malaria, hydroxychloroquine is used to treat lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. Doctors and pharmacists said hoarding it for coronavirus could hurt patients with those conditions."

Please move over to Thread #34.

This thread is now closed.

PS: I've private messaged Tricia re the request to have a thread for some comic relief during these difficult times. Please hold off with the humor in these serious discussion threads until Tricia has time to consider it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member