Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't you want the VP to get the best possible care?

Aren't all Americans entitled to the best possible care? Many people are not being tested, even when they display obvious symptoms. Many are waiting many days to receive test results that causes major and undue stress to their loved ones who don't know whether or not they've been infected. I would like there to be equity for all Americans because we are in this together. I pray daily for our leaders and the American people that G-d will see us through this global crisis.

“Late Saturday, officials announced a dramatic spike in positive case on Rikers Island. Twenty-one inmates tested positive, that up from the first case reported by de Blasio on Wednesday. An additional 17 employees also tested positive, according to Jacqueline Sherman, the New York City Board of Correction's Interim Chair.

The Board of Correction, which provides independent oversight of the city's jails, sent a letter to New York officials over the weekend with two principle recommendations: to "immediately remove from jail all people at high risk of dying" and "rapidly decrease the jail population."

She says 58 people are being monitored in contagious disease and quarantine units and likely passed through "hundreds of housing areas and common areas over recent weeks and have been in close contact with many other people in custody and staff."

The number of coronavirus-related deaths in New York City rose to 60 by Saturday night, Mayor de Blasio's office said, accounting for two-thirds of reported deaths in the tri-state.

That brings the entire tri-state to 90 deaths related to the novel coronavirus. An additional 585 positive cases in the city raised the tri-state's total to 13,740.”

Tri-State Sees 138 COVID-19 Deaths; Cuomo, Murphy Call for Federal Govt. Help

Our chief public health officer was supposed to be taking the day off but it's just been announced that she's calling a press conference for 5:00 (in about 40 minutes time). I'm guessing it's not going to be good news. :(

“New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy on Sunday said a total of 1,914 people in the state have now tested positive for the novel coronavirus, up from 1,327 on Saturday.

The state also saw four additional deaths, bringing its total to 20, Murphy said, adding that he was "continuing to ask the federal government for help."

Murphy said the state will be providing “critical telehealth and tele-mental health options for more than 3 million residents.”

“These services will be accessible without co-pays and will ensure residents have flexible access to vital care from the comfort and safety of their homes,” he tweeted.”

Tri-State Sees 138 COVID-19 Deaths; Cuomo, Murphy Call for Federal Govt. Help

As my dad who was born in the USSR in the year of collectivization, survived Stalin’s purges, WWII, hunger and lots of other stuff, would say, “we’ll plant potatoes and live off them”.

it happened many times in history. Maybe we should stop buying toilet paper, stack up on real things, and think of surviving the hunger? The workers could do it.
Many didn't survive it back then, right? People are trying to stock up on real things. These things aren't available, or are now unaffordable. There is no reason for government to fail to act. None whatsoever. We have learned from the suffering in the past (one hopes).

I assume this is wordplay, not actual information. If it's actual information they should clarify. Until then consider it silly pun wordplay!

Silly word play based on WHO, who let the dogs out.

When it comes to your pets, according to the World Health Organization and veterinary experts at press time, you likely don't have to worry about spreading it to your furry friends (or them spreading COVID-19 to you).
Can Dogs Get Coronavirus? Here's What the World Health Organization and Experts Say

Last edited:
“New York has 15,168 confirmed cases.
Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo disclosed new statistics on Sunday that indicated that New York State now has roughly 5 percent of coronavirus cases worldwide.

The jump in the number of cases in New York stems from both the rapid growth of the outbreak and significantly increased testing in the state. Health officials emphasized that testing was revealing how quickly the coronavirus has spread.

There are now 15,168 confirmed cases of the coronavirus in the state, up 4,812 since Saturday, and 114 deaths, Mr. Cuomo said. About 13 percent, or 1,974 people in New York who tested positive for the virus, are hospitalized, Mr. Cuomo said.”

[...]

“• Students must move after a virus-related death.

• ‘It’s getting worse,’ Mayor de Blasio says.

• A federal inmate in Brooklyn tests positive for the virus.“

New York Has Roughly 5% of Coronavirus Cases Worldwide: Live Updates

Last edited:
Our personal decision is to continue to pay our house cleaner. No more house cleaning, but we are going to continue to pay for her service for the next two months.

DH and I want our cleaning service to keep coming. As long as the ladies are well, we will keep our distance and let them do their job. I don't want this local business to suffer due to COVID-19.

Last edited:
Many didn't survive it back then, right? People are trying to stock up on real things. These things aren't available, or are now unaffordable. There is no reason for government to fail to act. None whatsoever. We have learned from the suffering in the past (one hopes).

Depending on what real things are...

I can tell you, the moment Dad saw on TV the demolishion of Euromaidan in Kiev in 2014, the next day he sent his caregiver to shop for products “in case of the war”. He lives in Moscow and was in mid-80es at that time.

I would not tell you what was on his survival list. Definitely, not toilet paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89