Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FORD....CONFIRMS WHAT CUOMO SAID TODAY....WONT BE READY FOF NY....maybe for the next state

BREAKING: @Ford plans to build respirators, ventilators & face shields in Michigan in partnership with the UAW, GE Healthcare & 3M. Some details:
-1,000 respirators per month, using F-150 seat fans, portable battery packs & 3D printed parts
-100,000 face shields per week
Michael Martinez on Twitter

Hi Dennis. We anticipate delivering the first 1,000 plastic face shields this week to hospitals in the Detroit area. We look to continue delivering more face shields and we’re working to increase production with GE Healthcare and 3M of their products. We’ll give updates as we go.
Ford Motor Company on Twitter

Clarification of the original tweet - are you making 1,000 respirators (PPE worn by healthcare providers) a month, or 1,000 ventilators (used for patients with respiratory problems)?
Bradley L'Herrou on Twitter

Once approved by proper health agencies, we'll start at a pace equal to 1,000 disposable respirators a month but will grow production as fast as possible through our network of 3D-printing partners. We're working w/ @GE to increase the volume of ventilators as quickly as we can.
Ford Motor Company on Twitter

A few days ago, I had researched into making my own masks out of HEPA filter Vacuum bag material for personal use and since you know someone who is making them, I want to share something I found out in case you missed it.

There are certain HEPA Vacuum cleaner bag filters where their specifications listed that they block out the exact same small particle (0.3 Microns size) as the N95 masks do.

These links and info below are not the ones I previously shared but is the same point. I am going to start using the HEPA Vaccum filter material once I am able to figure out a frame and start home production.

First link and info is for Vacuum cleaner HEPA filter bags:

"What does HEPA mean and where did it come from?
HEPA, which stands for High Efficiency Particulate Air, is a designation used to describe filters that are able to trap 99.97 percent of particles that are 0.3 microns."

What is a HEPA filter?

The 2nd link and info below is for N95 masks

"The 'N95' designation means that when subjected to careful testing, the respirator blocks at least 95 percent of very small (0.3 micron) test particles"

N95 Respirators and Surgical Masks (Face Masks)

ETA-I dont know how well someone can breath through it yet as I have not been able to try it yet. Hopefully the breathing through it will work.
@Hatfield
On a prior thread, there was a link to tests of various materials including vacuum cleaner bags. While this material was nearly as good as surgical masks, as you point out, it was considered very difficult to breathe through. The tests indicated cotton provided the best coverage and best breathability combo. I think it was something about tea towels made of cotton being the best weave...

Less DC squabbling and ego-stroking and "be nice to me, governors, it's a 2 way street" in pretty rose gardens and more vision! (watched it while my kid gave blood - and passed out! He's okay now.)

Check what Ireland is reporting: Twitter -
"What we were told would never happen and could never happen.." For the first time, Ireland will have a single tier health service. Private hospitals to go public for #COVID19.

2,000 more beds.

9 more labs.

Critical care facilities Huge moves"

Surely we can in the US can make and ship some masks, tests, and ventilators! We just have to want to.

Thank you. That is EXACTLY my point. The same chemical he named is found in and is the same active ingredient as aquarium cleaner. These people saw his words and they listened. They were scared and listened to someone they implicitly trusted. If they had gone to an actual doctor and received a prescription this wouldn't have happened.
BBM. They alone are responsible for exercising common sense. Proper dosage matters.

JMO

I watched Dr. Fauci on Sunday night at 8 p.m., he was on for half an hour or so, alone, taking questions on Life, Liberty and Levin. He said positive the administration's actions to date have been impressive and that the President has always listened to the science behind the task force's recommendations.

Dr. Fauci calls coordinated response to COVID-19 'impressive'

Dr. Fauci reacts to claims Trump is not following the science on COVID-19

Thank you.

Dr. Fauci has had many other pressing things to do.

He is here at the PC today.

<modsnip>

PGMAB!

<modsnip>

Jmhoo

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh NOOOOO....:eek:......now this makes my blood pressure spike.....I am going to cut back on the use of mine right now, saving it in case I really need it....:confused:
I believe we’ll see a shortage of regular generic prescription meds are manufactured oversees.
When I took the Salk vaccine, it was liquid. We all lined up in an elementary school cafeteria and drank pink sweet Salk.
Yes, once it was on a sugar cube. Our community lined up in school gyms.

3/24/20
Fauci: Media should stop 'pitting' me against Trump

National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Dr. Anthony Fauci said Tuesday that he wishes the media would stop "pitting" his advice about the coronavirus against that of President Trump, encouraging people to "look ahead at the challenge we have together."

During an interview with Fauci — a leader on the White House coronavirus task force — the host of the Morning on The Mall Podcast, Vince Coglianese, asked if the doctor thinks the media is attempting to emphasize differences of opinions between himself and Trump.

"That is really unfortunate. I would wish that would stop because we have a much bigger problem here than trying to point out differences," Fauci said. "There really fundamentally at the core ... are not differences."

Fauci said that Trump does listen to his expertise and the opinions of other officials on the task force.

"The president has listened to what I have said and what the other people on the task force have said. When I have made recommendations he has taken them," Fauci added. "The idea of just pitting one against the other is just not helpful."

3/24/20

National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Dr. Anthony Fauci said Tuesday that he wishes the media would stop "pitting" his advice about the coronavirus against that of President Trump, encouraging people to "look ahead at the challenge we have together."

During an interview with Fauci — a leader on the White House coronavirus task force — the host of the Morning on The Mall Podcast, Vince Coglianese, asked if the doctor thinks the media is attempting to emphasize differences of opinions between himself and Trump.

"That is really unfortunate. I would wish that would stop because we have a much bigger problem here than trying to point out differences," Fauci said. "There really fundamentally at the core ... are not differences."

Fauci said that Trump does listen to his expertise and the opinions of other officials on the task force.

"The president has listened to what I have said and what the other people on the task force have said. When I have made recommendations he has taken them," Fauci added. "The idea of just pitting one against the other is just not helpful."

So glad Fauci is shutting down all of the nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader