Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I took a break from here today. Wrapping up some loose business ends. I hope everyone here and their loved ones are safe and well....... Midland, West Texas Report - Our lone Midland Hospital Virus patient has died. 15 other people are awaiting test results from our local Hospital at this time.........moo

Very sorry for your loss.

A unique look inside the lung of a patient infected with COVID-19
Blue is a healthy lung. Yellow is an infected lung.

Dr. Mortman a doctor at George Washington University hospital, in DC wants to educate the public on the damage this virus can do

"I really want them to be able see this and understand the damage that is being done to the lungs, the severity of the disease this is causing so perhaps, maybe they'll think twice before having a house party, or going outside with large groups."

Dr. Keith Mortman, Chief of Thoracic Surgery, created a virtual rendering of lungs from an actual patient being treated at the hospital.

Mortman thinks the first-of-its-kind view inside the lungs of a patient with COVID-19 has a powerful message for the public.

"This patient is a gentleman in his late 50s, who initially had a fever and a non-productive cough like many other people," Dr. Mortman explained. "Respiratory symptoms progressed quite rapidly, to the point where he did need to be intubated and put on the ventilator."

A virtual reality, 360-degree rendering shows what the virus does to the human body.

"So what you're seeing in the video, essentially the blue part is the more normal lung, but anything you're seeing yellow is lung that's being destroyed by the virus," Dr. Mortman said.

"It's quite alarming to see, in all honesty, because unlike your garden variety pneumonia that might affect only one small part of the lung or unlike the common flu, what you're seeing in this video is really the widespread diffuse damage to the lung," Dr. Mortman added.

The 3D model was produced in partnership with a company called Surgical Theater, using a coronavirus patient's CAT scan.

Mortman's hope is that the technology can help medical professionals on the front lines, but he also wants members of the public to see these images for themselves.

Video of lung

See how COVID-19 can damage a person's lungs in 3D virtual reality

Just popping in. I don’t know who needs to hear this, but don’t drink fish tank cleaner.

You’re welcome.

Hard to believe some people need to be told that.

What if the supposed chemical remedy was sodium hypochlorite? Yes, the main component in everyday bleach?

I literally shudder to think of people drinking bleach.

A unique look inside the lung of a patient infected with COVID-19
Blue is a healthy lung. Yellow is an infected lung.

Dr. Mortman a doctor at George Washington University hospital, in DC wants to educate the public on the damage this virus can do

"I really want them to be able see this and understand the damage that is being done to the lungs, the severity of the disease this is causing so perhaps, maybe they'll think twice before having a house party, or going outside with large groups."

Dr. Keith Mortman, Chief of Thoracic Surgery, created a virtual rendering of lungs from an actual patient being treated at the hospital.

Mortman thinks the first-of-its-kind view inside the lungs of a patient with COVID-19 has a powerful message for the public.

"This patient is a gentleman in his late 50s, who initially had a fever and a non-productive cough like many other people," Dr. Mortman explained. "Respiratory symptoms progressed quite rapidly, to the point where he did need to be intubated and put on the ventilator."

A virtual reality, 360-degree rendering shows what the virus does to the human body.

"So what you're seeing in the video, essentially the blue part is the more normal lung, but anything you're seeing yellow is lung that's being destroyed by the virus," Dr. Mortman said.

"It's quite alarming to see, in all honesty, because unlike your garden variety pneumonia that might affect only one small part of the lung or unlike the common flu, what you're seeing in this video is really the widespread diffuse damage to the lung," Dr. Mortman added.

The 3D model was produced in partnership with a company called Surgical Theater, using a coronavirus patient's CAT scan.

Mortman's hope is that the technology can help medical professionals on the front lines, but he also wants members of the public to see these images for themselves.

Video of lung

See how COVID-19 can damage a person's lungs in 3D virtual reality

Wow. Definitely a different beast than the flu.

The chemical that makes up that aquarium cleaner is the same chemical that was named.
It was not in medicinal form, it was a cleaning agent, it was old and found on a shelf with their caustic chemicals, there was no dosage known, and they did not have the virus. So it makes no sense that they would ingest this chemical. JMO

Just popping in. I don’t know who needs to hear this, but don’t drink fish tank cleaner.

You’re welcome.

Maybe it's also a good idea to avoid taking medical advice from someone who knows nothing about medicine. If anything helped fight the virus, every country would be talking about it, and that is not happening.

The following was posted on Facebook, for those of you interested in reading a long account of CV19, complete with the temporary recovery and the eventual hospitalization.

For me, it was a good read due to the fact that the author gives his thinking about when to go to the hospital. I've stuck it up on a (non-monetized!) blog form, because it is long. But it's the best thing I've found about what it's like to get this virus, with plenty of clues about what to watch for.

WordPress.com

Maybe it's also a good idea to avoid taking medical advice from someone who knows nothing about medicine. If anything helped fight the virus, every country would be talking about it, and that is not happening.
Pretty much every country is using that Malaria drug, but it’s still too early to determine its efficacy. Regardless, it’s up to doctors to treat patients, and not a good idea for people to self medicate with household chemicals. That should be common sense.

Doctors Turn to Malaria Drugs as Potential Coronavirus Treatment

Last edited:
A new front has opened in the war against coronavirus. It extends far beyond our beleaguered hospitals or even our bitter politics.

We’re now fighting each other.

And, given what took place on Tuesday, the battle against the deadly strain of coronavirus known as COVID-19 is likely to worsen.

Voiced by plenty of ethicists, was the question of whether it was morally right for any nation to let some unhealthy people die so that the economy would remain stable — and healthy.

On countless battlefields, this is known as triage. For America in these troubling COVID-19 days, it is a new form of social, economic and political triage that has few rules.

America in triage: Are we ready to reopen even as COVID-19 kills? | Mike Kelly

We went bicycling after work today to a local park - only a few people there, no groups, and it's a big enough park to allow "spreading out" of individuals - keeping distance.

Just the energy in the air is so different. It actually felt like Paradise for a change. We could hear the birds singing in the vicinity of Rt 41 instead of thousands upon thousands of cars.

It's been awhile since I've written a poem. But this pertains to our present pandemic:

I Heard the Birds on 41

I heard the birds on 41
a road also known as Tamiami Trail
Stretching all the way from Tampa to Miami and back.

It was not after season quite yet in Florida
when the traffic subsided.

Something much darker loomed over
the city
state
country
world

that made previously bustling roads
look so empty.

A pandemic
creeping like an invisible hand
waiting to grab and destroy
human life and society
from all corners of the globe.

Being out in the fresh air
under sunny skies
bicycling along on my way to a park
where flowers blossomed
right by the bay.

Children with their parents
walking along
the happiness of togetherness
and peace in the air
instead of fear.

Was it fear I should have felt?

Not when I could hear the birds on 41.

Copy. MaryG12
March 24, 2020
Beautiful.

I watched the Task Force news conference a short time ago and feel much less anxious and apprehensive than I did this morning. It was very positive. Drs. Birx and Fauci are inspirational. I will no longer watch or listen to any other media coverage. Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy!, and season finale of This Is Us tonight. Watched a cheesy Lifetime movie this afternoon. Much better for my overall health and well being :) Have a nice evening.

France is talking about it:

A malaria pill from the 1940s has caught the eyes of doctors, analysts, and even Elon Musk as a potential coronavirus treatment
"If clinical data confirm the biological results, the novel coronavirus-associated disease will have become one of the simplest and cheapest to treat and prevent among infectious respiratory diseases," a group of French researchers wrote in a paper published on February 15 in the International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents.

One of the three authors of that article was Didier Raoult, a prominent infectious-disease expert who's running a clinical trial in France to test a version of the drug called hydroxychloroquine on a few dozen patients with COVID-19. It's one of many clinical studies going on around the world testing chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine.

Early reports of Raoult's trial were positive, with Raoult saying chloroquine appeared to shorten the time that people with COVID-19 are infectious.

When combined with the antibiotic azithromycin, it also reduced the viral load in these patients, he added. Azithromycin helps fight lung infections that can come with COVID-19 and may play a role in fighting the virus, Medscape reported.

The French government plans to expand chloroquine testing on a larger scale. On Thursday, US Food and Drug Administration Commissioner Stephen Hahn said chloroquine and hydroxycholoroquine will be made available to patients under a compassionate-use program as more data is collected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader