Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #35

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here in California, Governor Newsome asked us today at his daily speech. If you see a business, breaking the lockdown rules, call the business and repeat the rules to them. If they continue, call the police, they'll be paid a visit and a warning.
on the next call, the businesses electricity and water will be shut off.
at this time, this does not apply to residences.

Is it true that Kentucky and Michigan have both put in Hot-Lines to call and "snitch" on your rule breaking neighbors ?.....moo

Though the New York area was the current epicenter of the outbreak in United States, Governor Cuomo cautioned that it was also “the canary in the coal mine" for the rest of the country.

“What happens to New York is going to wind up happening to California and Washington State and Illinois — it’s just a matter of time,” he said. “We’re just getting there first.”

Coronavirus in N.Y.: ‘Astronomical’ Surge Leads to Quarantine Warning

Bbm

No, Cuomo, Wuhan was the canary in the coal mine. He should have shut everything down. He infuriates me.

Found vitamin c ! No oranges or citrus at target though
A lot of foods contain a good amount Vitamin C besides citrus fruits---broccoli, strawberries, kiwis, kale, parsley. People aren't going to be able to hoard foods that contain Vitamin C, like they've been doing with so many other things. (Don't get me started) I'm still baffled by the continued hoarding of toilet paper for a respiratory disease.

CANADA

Community spread now accounting for a huge # of #COVID19 cases in Canada. This means you run the risk of getting infected by going to see friends or going to the store. And remember: many provs only test limit

ed groups, like ppl w severe illness. Most cases likely undetected.

Carly Weeks on Twitter

https://twitter.com/JPSoucy/status/1242620852631412742?s=19

MY COMMENT....LITERALLY APPEARED IN THE PAST WEEK.....

Attachments

• IMG_20200324_225350.jpg
    IMG_20200324_225350.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 11
No, Cuomo, Wuhan was the canary in the coal mine. He should have shut everything down. He infuriates me.
Do you believe the economy would have felt the tremors and people would have suffered earlier rather than later and for a longer time? I honestly don't know, but I suspect so. I think a lot of things should have been done. But they weren't. I know concern for children was a factor in taking so long to shut down schools. I imagine the economy was a factor in not shutting everything else down, for better or for worse.

So my fury goes towards current inertia and those who don't seem to care about anything but their own interests.

They're skilled and they are going to die anyway? They should set an example?

Glenn can go right ahead and do that. How bizarre and irresponsible to urge others to do so.

I thought irresponsible too but I thought maybe I missed something. Well because some of my co-workers are you still going to the office, the rest of us have to show up next week.

ETA, I think we need at least one more week of staying in. Like I mentioned earlier, I at least have an office. This is beginning to cause me some anxiety with the cases increasing.

Last edited:
It's something. We got our state and federal tax refunds and can't cash them. I got a notification that the items on my online order shipped today. One from New York, one from California, one from New Jersey and one from Washington. Now I don't know how long I should wait to open them.
I don't even want to touch my mail!! It comes from all over the country. Think of how many people have touch it, sneezed on it, coughed on it, and handled it.

High population density, widespread use of public transportation.

People walking shoulder to shoulder on sidewalks, waiting in lobbies for elevators, ELEVATORS, shared kitchens in workplaces, eating out almost every night before long commutes on public transport, lots of contact across age groups, lots of elderly who still have to work/want to work. Did I mention high rises and ELEVATORS?

I don't even want to touch my mail!! It comes from all over the country. Think of how many people have touch it, sneezed on it, coughed on it, and handled it.
Oh, I know how you feel. I brought my mail in wearing latex gloves, removed the gloves, scrubbed hands about three Happy Birthday times in hot hot water. Then just stood there and looked at my mail on the counter wondering what the heck to do next. It is still there.

Trump would have had a canary if Cuomo shut down all of New York City any earlier. Cuomo didn’t get ahold of tests until about a week or so ago. Now that he has tests and they are coming back positive it’s just proof that the federal government should have shut it down a long time ago. I put no blame on Cuomo this is all the government’s fault.

Easy to say when you have a half a KABILLION dollars in the bank and screw up my computer with every update you put out. What about the 99% of us who don’t have all that spare cash and would like to keep working, because we like to eat?

From strictly a monetary perspective, once a pandemic has begun, preventing illness is more cost-effective than treating illness, especially because hospitalizations typically have the highest direct cost per person. Quarantines, and school and business closures are costly, but these interventions can be more cost-effective during a severe pandemic than allowing the pandemic to proceed without stopping the spread.

Good government leadership will provide economic support for those who need it, focus on preventing illness, and medically assist the sick. Allowing the pandemic to carry forward without control creates the greatest economic and human costs, results in fear in the people, and can lead to social chaos.

Pandemics: Risks, Impacts, and Mitigation - Disease Control Priorities: Improving Health and Reducing Poverty - NCBI Bookshelf

From strictly a monetary perspective, once a pandemic has begun, preventing illness is more cost-effective than treating illness, especially because hospitalizations typically have the highest direct cost per person. Quarantines, and school and business closures are costly, but these interventions can be more cost-effective during a severe pandemic than allowing the pandemic to proceed without stopping the spread.

Good government leadership will provide economic support for those who need it, focus on preventing illness, and medically assist the sick. Allowing the pandemic to carry forward without control creates the greatest economic and human costs, results in fear in the people, and can lead to social chaos.

Pandemics: Risks, Impacts, and Mitigation - Disease Control Priorities: Improving Health and Reducing Poverty - NCBI Bookshelf

This. Chaos is not inevitable. Only if we allow it by neglecting & devaluing each other. Well-managed countries come out of crises with bumps and bruises, but not anarchy.

I thought irresponsible too but I thought maybe I missed something. Well because some of my co-workers are you still going to the office, the rest of us have to show up next week.

ETA, I think we need at least one more week of staying in. Like I mentioned earlier, I at least have an office. This is beginning to cause me some anxiety with the cases increasing.

Essential workers should go to work. People who can work from home should do that.

However, essential workers 65 and older should be given the opportunity to make a choice to retire, with no healthcare penalties. There's got to be a fair "wage" for this kind of retirement. They should also get social security benefits (it won't break the US to do that). They should get MediCare and retire if they don't want to go in.

Urging ALL older people to work (in place of younger workers?) is irresponsible and it's about "keeping the nation alive."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member