Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy geez....a trillion dollars is on its way....free stuff abounds.....I think we can put rioting in the streets on the back burner while we try to save some lives....

Exactly. If we don’t put potential food shortages/rioting on the back burner, the potential rioters will be sick or dead.

Just a reminder, for all who are interested, the Pope has called for world prayer tomorrow at 12 noon Rome time, which is 6:00 a.m. ET in U.S.

He will lead the prayer of the "Our Father" for Catholics and non-Catholics a
round the world, joined in prayer in response to the coronavirus.

"We want to respond to the pandemic of the virus with the universality of prayer, of compassion, of tenderness," he said from the papal library. "Let's remain united."

U.S. News & World Report, March 22, 2020
(I am on my cell phone and can't do link)

Colorado Coronavirus Updates: There Are Now 912 Confirmed Cases Of COVID-19

6:19 p.m. — A poem from Colorado's Poet Laureate
"When there is nothing left to do but live,
simply show up;
that has always been enough"

—-

Bobby LeFebre
10 hours ago
And when there is nothing left to do but live,
let us retire the noise,
and build a home inside the stillness.

Grab a wrench and unfasten the parts of you ...See More

——

“5:23 p.m. — There are now 912 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Colorado

New numbers from state health officials show there are now 912 confirmed coronavirus cases in Colorado, an increase of 192 from yesterday.

More people are also hospitalized, 84 from 72.

Four more people have died due to COVID-19, bringing the statewide total to 11.

Nearly 1,500 tests were run since the day before.”

Last edited:
I don’t have any link I am authorized to provide, so IMO/experience, the company I work for has already experienced a drastic increase in theft. I don’t think it’s so much out of society not being able to afford things at the moment but out of fear that we might be heading in that direction.
If panic sets in to a large enough degree, it will go beyond simple theft. We will see people being killed for their supplies. JMO

Decatur resident working with 3D printers to make masks

[...]

Jesse Blunt shared on Facebook that he is working with Richland Community College and the Economic Development Corporation of Decatur and Macon County to create a 3D printed prototype for an N95 mask that can be disinfected and reused.

The masks will be made with an inner honeycomb filter and is coated with 100 percent copper.

[...]

“President Trump signed an executive order Monday aimed at preventing price gouging and hoarding of critical medical supplies amid the coronavirus outbreak.

Attorney General William Barr detailed the executive order at a White House briefing Monday evening, saying it would prohibit people from accumulating critical supplies amid the coronavirus outbreak in an effort to profit off of them.”

[...]

“The executive order signed by Trump on Monday gives Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Alex Azar the authority to designate certain supplies as critical, meaning those found to be hoarding or price gouging such equipment could face criminal action, Barr said.

"Once specific materials are so designated, persons are prohibited from accumulating those items in excess of reasonable personal or business needs or for the purpose of selling them in excess of prevailing market prices," Barr said.

"It is a crime to engage in prohibited activity," the attorney general continued.”

The biggest factor in loss prevention, "Shrink", is actually internal and supply chain theft.

That may be part of the problem with empty shelves. The items never made it to the door, or to the shelf to be stocked. A whole new "black market" for toilet paper via Ebay or other online outlets.

Good evening all, I don't think I have been on WS all day. I guess I need to start watching the Virus Conference updates. I will have to go back to the 'real' office next week instead of my kitchen table office. People are still going to work and because of that the rest of us have to show up. I do have an office with a door that I always keep shut. I am not much of a gabber like some others at work. I think it will be okay. Having an office is good and I am off the beaten trail. I am kind of in a dungeon but I like that. Tomorrow, I am going to get up and get ready like I am going to work to get me back in the groove.

Any important updates? AL is up to 242 cases. I cannot believe the number of cases that New York has. It is really scary.

Last edited:
Opinion - If this stuff is still going on this hot Summer, big cities are gonna be a bad place to be because of more than the Virus.......moo

I don't know, people maybe too edgy about the virus to really get into the "riot" mode. I don't see that happening as much as the problem of ongoing virus activity.

The problem areas are where there are many people who live together, nursing homes, and prisons. They are not unlike cruise ships.

That is horrible. I hope the cameras catch them. I cannot imagine hurting an elderly person.
Sheriff Deb Burchett told the Springfield News-Sun that was in response to reports of elderly people being treated poorly in stores in the area.

“I’ve received several messages from the public and from managers of the stores saying that the elderly people are being shoved around,” Burchett said. “People have been trying to steal out of their baskets. They’re trying to take their purses out in the parking lot, and I thought, ‘We can’t have this for our community. We’re better than that.’ So I decided that I would post an officer at every one of the stores when the elderly and at-risk are going into get their groceries to let them know we’re here for them whatever they need.

“I want them to feel safe in our community.”
https://www.springfieldnewssun.com/...-clark-county-groceries-reserve-special-hours

Is it true that Kentucky and Michigan have both put in Hot-Lines to call and "snitch" on your rule breaking neighbors ?.....moo

I don't know if it true or not but it gives me Wuhan flashbacks of when it was rumored/reported that you could be paid equivalent to $75 to turn in neighbors with fevers.

Also a different city in China was paying $140USD equivalent to report people that had visited Wuhan.
A county in China is offering people $140 to tell on neighbors who have visited Wuhan, and another is threatening the death penalty to anyone deliberately spreading the coronavirus

MOO

*I don't have a link for above fever one so it's all MOO but I remember it being discussed in one of the first 8 threads or so.

NYPD

Police Commissioner Dermot Shea says 211 members of the department have tested positive for the coronavirus.

The commissioner says that includes 177 uniformed members and 34 civilian members.

He says 2,700 to 2,800 members are out sick, leaving the department with staffing issues.

"What we're seeing internally as an agency on the frontlines is, we are still on an upward climb," Shea said.

The NYPD says officers are being provided with gloves, masks, alcohol wipes and hand sanitizer.

211 NYPD Members Have Tested Positive for Coronavirus, Commissioner Says

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member