Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Healthcare workers at two Georgia hospitals die from coronavirus as the number of confirmed cases in the state continues to soar

Police say Dedra Wilkes, a 42-year-old mammogram technician at Piedmont Newnan Hospital, was dead at her home in Coweta County, Georgia for at least 12 to 16 hours before they arrived.

They found Wilkes, along with her five-year-old son, at the home during a welfare check.

The second healthcare worker in Georgia to die last week from coronavirus was a 48-year-old unnamed woman who worked at Donalsonville Hospital, located in the southwestern portion of the state. She died at a hospital in Tallahassee, Florida.

Person in Kentucky tests positive after attending a coronavirus party for people in their 20s | Daily Mail Online

#StayHomeSaveLives

It's something. We got our state and federal tax refunds and can't cash them. I got a notification that the items on my online order shipped today. One from New York, one from California, one from New Jersey and one from Washington. Now I don't know how long I should wait to open them.

Are you literally wanting to convert them to cold hard cash? Or just wanting to deposit them? Jmo

Healthcare workers at two Georgia hospitals die from coronavirus as the number of confirmed cases in the state continues to soar

Police say Dedra Wilkes, a 42-year-old mammogram technician at Piedmont Newnan Hospital, was dead at her home in Coweta County, Georgia for at least 12 to 16 hours before they arrived.

They found Wilkes, along with her five-year-old son, at the home during a welfare check.

The second healthcare worker in Georgia to die last week from coronavirus was a 48-year-old unnamed woman who worked at Donalsonville Hospital, located in the southwestern portion of the state. She died at a hospital in Tallahassee, Florida.

Person in Kentucky tests positive after attending a coronavirus party for people in their 20s | Daily Mail Online

#StayHomeSaveLives
How tragic! I hope her son was not infected.

Hoping we see a downturn in numbers soon. My mother was supposed to have her lung removed today but it was cancelled last minute. We were informed that there were no hands at the hospital but they had tried. We are frantically trying to reschedule somewhere else. Needless to say... I'm emotionally drained and in a panic.

Please stay safe everyone.
Saying a prayer for your Mother......moo

It's something. We got our state and federal tax refunds and can't cash them. I got a notification that the items on my online order shipped today. One from New York, one from California, one from New Jersey and one from Washington. Now I don't know how long I should wait to open them.

Check your bank's website or call and ask them for options to cash the check without going in. Many banks these days have an app that allows you to take a photo of the check with your phone and deposit it that way. Then you can go to an ATM when the check clears if you want cash.

So what exactly is the point of our current tax share/financial burden? (Not political). California, where I live, is a donor state. We pay out more in federal tax than we receive (so is New York, and, I believe, Massachusetts).

Then, in addition to not receiving our money back, we actually pay for our own medical stockpiling, and, like New York, we pay for retrofitting buildings in emergencies like this one. We aren't very prepared here in CA, but more prepared than many places. We have way more beds per capita.

I'd be fine with reducing federal taxation and letting all the states try and prepare for whatever, but seriously - if California and New York can't afford supplies, how are the other states to do it?
California has plenty of money to use to buy supplies or anything deemed to be important.

California is on track for a $7 billion budget surplus. Where will the money go?
Legislative Analyst Gabriel Petek released a report Wednesday projecting the state will bring in a $7 billion surplus in the 2020-21 budget year.

That’s far less than the $21.5 billion surplus California is collecting this year, but it still reflects a positive outlook for the state’s economy.

Read more here: https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article237555229.html#storylink=cpy

I am in Fort Myers Fl and it is a ghost town--it is unreal-
apparently most snowbirds went back wherever they
came from- i think it is riskier to be on the road for
two days though so for now we are staying put-- we would
have to stop for gas, for food and a hotel--'

The World Health Organization (WHO) has warned that the coronavirus disease pandemic is "accelerating", with more than 300,000 cases now confirmed.

It took 67 days from the first reported of Covid-19 to reach 100,000 cases,
11 days for the second 100,000,
and just four days for the third 100,000.

But WHO Director General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said it was still possible to "change the trajectory".
He urged countries to adopt rigorous testing and contact-tracing strategies.

Priest who gave respirator to young patient dies

Last edited:

Does your bank have an app where you can take a picture of the front and the back of a check to deposit it? You may want to check as I have been doing that for a few years.

I totally agree with this? As well as for any other congressman that pulled the same you know what. I would go further though, and say they need to be investigated for insider trading.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/24/matt-gaetz-its-unfair-for-richard-burr-to-keep-seat-when-katie-hill-resigned/

Rep. Matt Gaetz slammed fellow Republican Sen. Richard Burr this week, calling it unfair for him to keep his Senate seat after “screwing all Americans” when he “dumped” stocks ahead of the coronavirus pandemic, while former Rep. Katie Hill was pushed out over a consensual affair with a campaign aide.

“@KatieHill4CA gets run out of Congress for screwing a campaign staffer absent any complaint,” Gaetz (R-Florida) tweeted Monday afternoon.

“@SenatorBurr stays as Intelligence Chairman after screwing all Americans by falsely reassuring us w opeds on #COVID while he dumped his stock portfolio early. This is not fair,” he added.

The Florida Republican was referring to the scandal surrounding Burr’s sale of $1.7 million in publicly traded stocks just one week before the market crashed due to the coronavirus pandemic.

At the time, Burr sat in confidential briefings on a near-daily basis on coronavirus and was publicly downplaying the threat of the soon-to-be pandemic in media appearances and op-eds he authored.

BRAZIL.....INTERESTING....SOUND FAMILIAR.....must be a strategy

As a huge coronavirus crisis looms on Brazil’s horizon Bolsonaro goes on TV to boast of his physical prowess, denounce media “hysteria”, call for schools to be reopened and gratuitously mock the kind & wise Brazilian doctor Drauzio Varella. Strong and stable leadership. Tom Phillips on Twitter

Tom Phillips on Twitter
Brings back memories of Saddam Hussein. (nothing personal against his supporters) imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChewieXM