Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“At one point during the town hall, Mr. Trump said that the coronavirus wasn’t anywhere near as deadly as the 1918 flu, which was the worst infectious disease epidemic in recorded human history.”

“People who got the 1918 flu, he said, had close to a “50/50 chance” of dying. In fact, the fatality rate for people infected by the 1918 flu was not 50 percent, but was estimated to be around 2 to 2.5 percent, compared to a rate of about .1 percent for seasonal flu.”

Dr Kevin Purcell on Twitter
OK - So anyone see the problem here with this Town Hall sort of stuff?

It's something. We got our state and federal tax refunds and can't cash them. I got a notification that the items on my online order shipped today. One from New York, one from California, one from New Jersey and one from Washington. Now I don't know how long I should wait to open them.

Are the banks totally closed in your area? Not even the drive-thru?

How to Clean and Disinfect Yourself, Your Home, and Your Stuff

According to the USPS, mail and packages are relatively low-risk for transmitting the novel coronavirus, and packages from China pose no special riskcompared to packages from anywhere else. That said, researchers have found that it can live on cardboard for around 24 hours, so giving packages a once over with a disinfecting wipe isn't a bad idea.

Good night to all,
A potentially germy New Yorker who's trying to keep it to herself

It's something. We got our state and federal tax refunds and can't cash them. I got a notification that the items on my online order shipped today. One from New York, one from California, one from New Jersey and one from Washington. Now I don't know how long I should wait to open them.
If it’s a matter of getting to the bank I just discovered you can take a picture of front and back of the check and that’s good enough for deposit. Then once approved you just shred the check. Obviously it depends upon the bank. This was news to me and saved me a trip.

BILL GATES

"It’s very tough to say to people, ‘Hey, keep going to restaurants, go buy new houses, ignore that pile of bodies over in the corner. We want you to keep spending because there’s maybe a politician who thinks GDP growth is what really counts,'" Gates said. Bill Gates says we need a shutdown: Can't reopen business and 'ignore that pile of bodies in the corner'

The Hill on Twitter

Easy to say when you have a half a KABILLION dollars in the bank and screw up my computer with every update you put out. What about the 99% of us who don’t have all that spare cash and would like to keep working, because we like to eat?

Easy to say when you have a half a KABILLION dollars in the bank and screw up my computer with every update you put out. What about the 99% of us who don’t have all that spare cash and would like to keep working, because we like to eat?
Love—♥️ this like isn't enough my former home in Bay Area is on for sale @ 1.2500 it’s crap

Are the banks totally closed in your area? Not even the drive-thru?

How to Clean and Disinfect Yourself, Your Home, and Your Stuff

According to the USPS, mail and packages are relatively low-risk for transmitting the novel coronavirus, and packages from China pose no special riskcompared to packages from anywhere else. That said, researchers have found that it can live on cardboard for around 24 hours, so giving packages a once over with a disinfecting wipe isn't a bad idea.

Good night to all,
A potentially germy New Yorker who's trying to keep it to herself
The banks are open the hours my husband's at work. I've been sick for 12 days and haven't been able to leave the house. Can't get tested either. Was told to "assume" I have it because I "probably do."

If it’s a matter of getting to the bank I just discovered you can take a picture of front and back of the check and that’s good enough for deposit. Then once approved you just shred the check. Obviously it depends upon the bank. This was news to me and saved me a trip.
Been doing deposits this way for about two years. Don’t shred the check for about 14 days to make sure your bank doesn’t make an error.

Frankly I agree with him and I dont have a kabillion dollars. Millions of people will die if we abandon the current position.....we may not have locked down fast enough or soon enough to change the forecast.
Singapore announced tonight a second wave has begun and they are back in lockdown.

Good evening friends.......Just so you know.....besides all of my close relatives in New Orleans and Jefferson Parish, my cousins are in Florida, New York, Seattle....so I won't be running across the country to a "better" location.
How is everyone?

Agree. It was a very tone deaf comment. No doubt it enraged many people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader