Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought some readers would be interested in what businesses have been deemed essential in Ontario by Premier Doug Ford. I have to say I am pleasantly surprised by Ford's response to covid-19. Respect.

The list is long so take heart all you people who are imagining Mad Max scenarios. But I have to say Ontario has always, regardless of who is in charge, been a vanguard for dealing with emergencies.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontario-list-essential-businesses-1.5507687

Respectfully you’re joking right? That list makes EVERYTHING essential. Which is in no way helpful. MOO

White House considering numerous options to loosen administration's 15-day guidelines on social distancing amid the coronavirus outbreak, including gradually scaling back restrictions based on age and location, sources say. What might Trump's relaxed social distancing guidelines look like?

ABC News on Twitter

Seems like a really quick " about face" forward march. What happened to flattening the curve? I am all about the doctors and feel they are spot on with their thoughts.

I also wonder if the numbers, charts, etc are showing it impossible to flatten the curve enough to make a difference. Meaning the length of time it will take to flatten the curve is too long for this economy to survive?

I am so confused. I know I will not be leaving the house any time soon.

Last edited:
Massachusetts
Ah the protocols they are a changing

We went from “mask wearing outside of direct patient care is prohibited and must stop” two days ago. To a “masks for everyone in the building staring tomorrow”
Like this (not my hospital)
UMass Memorial staff now required to wear a face mask at all times during coronavirus pandemic
They have the labor pool making masks. They have gotten some donated items. Including some industrial type ppe.
I see they are finally figuring out what was obvious from the start. Meanwhile general public is still getting advice to not wear masks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader