Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Good morning. We are all still alive and well here in West Texas. My hot coffee is tasting wonderful....... I sure could use a nice hot, big, fat,... bacon, eggs, fried potatoes, and cheese breakfast burrito..........Yall hang in there........moo

Spanish coronavirus deaths slow as world nears 500,000 cases
''The rate of coronavirus deaths in Spain has slowed for the first time in a week, and the United States has passed the largest stimulus package in its history, as the global number of confirmed coronavirus cases approached half a million.

Spain recorded 655 deaths in the past 24 hours, bringing the total there to 4,089, the health ministry said on Thursday. The number of confirmed cases in Spain stood at 56,188.

The numbers offer a glimmer of hope a day after the country recorded the world’s highest one-day national death toll of the pandemic to date – 738 – and its total number of deaths eclipsed that of China.

Spain’s health minister, Salvador Illa, said the data should be read with caution but could mean Spain had entered a “phase of stablisation”. He said: “The number of reported cases could be reaching its peak.”

He added: “Nobody knows exactly when we’ll reach the end … we still have many difficult weeks ahead.”

Hours earlier, the Spanish parliament approved extending the country’s near total lockdown to 11 April.''

Back at work here in small town Tennessee. My company is still running community based personal assistant services so fishing it is. I praise God for the sunshine here today!

My husband's coworker is quarantined until his results come back. Schools are now out until the 24th, but Google classroom is a godsend!

Praying for all!

Even though the due date for federal taxes, and some state taxes, has been extended, it was pointed out today on Morning Joe that you'll get your stimulus "checks" faster, in the form of direct deposit, if you file your 2019 taxes now to establish your bank routing for refunds due (down at the bottom of the 1040) . And those who have previously received direct deposit refunds from the IRS won't have to wait, either, for the paper check ($3,400 for family of 4, $1,200 for singles) to be snail mailed to them.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back at work here in small town Tennessee. My company is still running community based personal assistant services so fishing it is. I praise God for the sunshine here today!

My husband's coworker is quarantined until his results come back. Schools are now out until the 24th, but Google classroom is a godsend!

Praying for all!
Same to you! This sounds like a terrific and important job to do today. May the fish bite!

How the Pandemic Will End
The U.S. may end up with the worst COVID-19 outbreak in the industrialized world. This is how it’s going to play out. (The Atlantic)
S Korea has really shown us up re percentage of total population tested. Why can't we buy tests from them if the federal government doesn't want to develop a mass testing program? We can't wait for the private sector to produce mass testing.

I touched on this yesterday (with no response) and there was conversation last night as well.

WHERE is Governor Cuomo getting his figures that he needs 30,000 ventilators in 2 weeks?

If 1% of those infected require a ventilator, he is expecting 3 million active cases in New York in 14 days.

If 2% of those infected require a ventilator, he is expecting 1.5 million active cases in New York in 14 days.

Where is he getting the numbers? Jmo

S Korea has really shown us up re percentage of total population tested. Why can't we buy tests from them if the federal government doesn't want to develop a mass testing program? We can't wait for the private sector to produce mass testing.

U.S. Seeks Coronavirus Tests From South Korea

March 24, 202011:16 PM ET

U.S. Seeks Coronavirus Tests From South Korea

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member