Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Watching MG gave me major anxiety, same as watching all of the Commonwealth activities in Britain.
Yes because often it's not the irresponsible revellers who suffer, it's the people they transmit it to. Obvious I know, but why do they do it. Such a lack of leadership.

Homeland Security has extended the deadline for the Real ID to October 1, 2021

Thank goodness!

October 1 was already Oregon’s deadline. We are among the last states to comply. We can’t even start applying at the DMV until early July. The state recommends getting a passport instead to avoid the rush, especially now with coronavirus.

October 1 was already Oregon’s deadline. We are among the last states to comply. We can’t even start applying at the DMV until early July. The state recommends getting a passport instead to avoid the rush, especially now with coronavirus.
But now you have an extra year. October 2021. By that time, my passport will need renewing.

So that is exactly what you DON"T want to do: Have a co-mingling of really sick, mildy sick, not sick, and people just wanting testing all mixed up in the same intake.

Most hospitals that can, have a separate screening unit from their ER so that those who are not sick, or mildly sick can get proper screening and kept out of the ER. It is imperative to keep those who do not need hospital care away from the intake ER staff and other sick people in the ER that don't have COVID-19 problems.

We still don't have the capacity for mass population testing, so it's also important not to be doing unwarranted screening when you need to save it for your sick patients and those healthcare workers who have exposures.

And especially those that just want a test, but don't actually have any exposure, any symptoms or signs, and really just need to be sent home with appropriate information.

BBM. They have to keep repeating this here. If you don't have symptoms and no history of travel or community exposure, get to the back of the line in testing.

People can't seem to grasp the amount of time it takes to do the test and workers in PPE administering the tests.

JMO

BBM. They have to keep repeating this here. If you don't have symptoms and no history of travel or community exposure, get to the back of the line in testing.

People can't seem to grasp the amount of time it takes to do the test and workers in PPE administering the tests.

JMO
Same thing here. And there’s definitely a lack of understanding regarding “negative”.
This isn’t ending soon, IMO...so maybe people will eventually grasp things.

Coronavirus: UK should have gone into lockdown 10 days ago, Italy's scientific adviser warns

Coronavirus: UK should have gone into lockdown 10 days ago, Italy's scientific adviser warns
Walter Ricciardi, who called Italy's lockdown, tells Sky News the UK is at risk of a worse infection rate than his home country.

The UK should have gone into lockdown 10 days ago and is now at risk of having a worse coronavirus infection rate than Italy, a World Health Organisation (WHO) expert has warned.

Walter Ricciardi, the Italian government's scientific adviser, who called Italy's lockdown, told Sky News that the UK had the benefit of seeing what happened in his home nation and should have learned lessons.

The Italian WHO representative compared recent images of packed trains on the London Underground with a football match in Milan last month, which is believed to have accelerated the COVID-19 outbreak in northern Italy.

MEANWHILE IN THE US...

Australia's #coronavirus testing is about to be ramped up with 1.5 million new finger-prick tests on the way for GP clinics.
Deputy Chief Medical Officer, Michael Kidd, joined @mjrowland68 to talk about the test that provides a faster diagnosis. News Breakfast on Twitter
News Breakfast on Twitter

This is the POC antibody test using drops of blood. Need to have been infected for several days (3-5, longer the more accurate) for Ab to reach level of detection.
Will be used by GPs and practice nurses
Determines exposure and development of an immune response not viral shedding.
An Leavy on Twitter

Coronavirus: 10 more deaths and 255 new cases in Ireland confirmed

(Ireland)

A FURTHER 255 cases of Covid-19 have been confirmed in the Republic of Ireland, bringing the total number of cases here to 1,819.

A further 10 deaths connected to the coronavirus have also been confirmed, bringing the total number of deaths to 19.

The figures were announced at a briefing at the Department of Health tonight.

Three female patients and seven male patients died; nine of those who died were in the east of the country and one was in the south.

The median age of patients diagnosed with Covid-19 who have died is 79 years; 68% are male and 32% are female.

The latest figures are correct as of 1pm today.

Most of the deaths were in nursing homes or hospitals, Dr Tony Holohan, Chief Medical Officer at the Department of Health, confirmed.

The racing people are going to let this guy ride down in Miami. Oh my!

Castellano positive for coronavirus, agent says

Castellano positive for coronavirus, agent says

Jockey Javier Castellano, who last rode on March 15 at Gulfstream Park in Florida, has tested positive for coronavirus, according to a message posted on Twitter by his agent on Thursday.

Castellano was confirmed positive for the virus on Thursday morning, but he is so far “asymptomatic and feels fine and healthy,” according to the message posted by John Panagot, his agent.
I'm shocked they haven't closed racetracks.

I just want to say that if I survive this mess along with my family I have only WEBSLEUTHS to thank.

I’m not sure when I started reading this thread......I saw what was the beginning of the Chinese getting hit...

Then...@BetteDavisEyes posted about the debacle aboard the Grand Princess with a link to CruiseCritic forums and I followed that site to see how it was infecting people.

I got a ton of information as well as stellar advice here.

I will continue to read here for all useful information to SURVIVE.

Thanks!!!

By WMBF News Staff | March 26, 2020 at 3:41 PM EDT - Updated March 26 at 5:06 PM

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WMBF) – The Myrtle Beach City Council passed an ordinance at an emergency meeting Thursday that calls for hotels along the Grand Strand to stop taking new reservations for more than a month.

The meeting was called to address restrictions related to health and safety in light of the coronavirus emergency.

The emergency ordinance orders all accommodation businesses in the city of Myrtle Beach, including hotels, motels, Airbnb and campgrounds, to not accept new reservations for any period beginning prior to May 1, effective immediately. The time limit is subject to modification.

Existing reservations made for March 28 through April 30, 2020 would be canceled or rescheduled. Current reservations could not be extended, according to the order.

All those in the accommodations would have to vacate by 12 p.m. on Sunday, March 29. Those units consistently occupied since March 1, 2020, are exempt, with the stipulation being they not accept any new visitors.

Additionally, all amusements in Myrtle Beach would close by Friday, March 27, according to the emergency ordinance.

Myrtle Beach leaders order most visitors to leave by Sunday, all accommodations to stop accepting new reservations prior to May 1

By WMBF News Staff | March 26, 2020 at 3:41 PM EDT - Updated March 26 at 5:06 PM

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WMBF) – The Myrtle Beach City Council passed an ordinance at an emergency meeting Thursday that calls for hotels along the Grand Strand to stop taking new reservations for more than a month.

The meeting was called to address restrictions related to health and safety in light of the coronavirus emergency.

The emergency ordinance orders all accommodation businesses in the city of Myrtle Beach, including hotels, motels, Airbnb and campgrounds, to not accept new reservations for any period beginning prior to May 1, effective immediately. The time limit is subject to modification.

Existing reservations made for March 28 through April 30, 2020 would be canceled or rescheduled. Current reservations could not be extended, according to the order.

All those in the accommodations would have to vacate by 12 p.m. on Sunday, March 29. Those units consistently occupied since March 1, 2020, are exempt, with the stipulation being they not accept any new visitors.

Additionally, all amusements in Myrtle Beach would close by Friday, March 27, according to the emergency ordinance.

Myrtle Beach leaders order most visitors to leave by Sunday, all accommodations to stop accepting new reservations prior to May 1
SMH....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
outsidecreativ
Back