Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Trump keeps touting an unproven coronavirus treatment. It’s now being tested on thousands in New York. (Washington Post)

Jon Swaine
@jonswaine

We found that Mark Meadows, Trump's incoming chief of staff, contacted Zev Zelenko, the NY doctor whose covid-19 drug plan was promoted by Hannity this week. Meadows told Zelenko his plan was being evaluated. Here are some of Zelenko's recent FB posts:
Jon Swaine on Twitter

"Vladimir “Zev” Zelenko, a doctor in Monroe, N.Y., said in an interview that he was contacted by Meadows after posting an unsolicited video message to Trump on Facebook in which he told the president: “Please advise the country that they should be taking this medication."

This is completely unethical and should have never been responded to by lay politicians.
It should have been referred to the people at FDA and CDC.

How on earth can we have a cohesive practice to rid ourselves of this disease when non-scientists keep meddling in practices and outcomes.

EXACTLY

While other states were cancelling mass events, Mardi Gras was allowed to occur.

I watched a few hours of a Mardi Gras live cam during it, and at the time, I was wondering a lot about how safe it was to be there amongst all the masses of people.

Some of the streets were so packed that people were bumping into each other. And of course the bead throwing from the upstairs porches had people scrambling and bumping into each other to catch the beads.

It would be sad now to learn that some of those that were there ended up catching the virus at that event.

ETA - If things are normal by next year, watching a live cam during it is quite entertaining. There is quite a few different live cams to choose from and it was very entertaining to watch. I almost hooked up the computer to the big screen TV because it was quite entertaining and I have never been there and really didnt know much about it other than the bead throwing and parades they have.

Sorry if already posted:
Nearly 3 dozen who attended church event test positive for coronavirus
(SNIP)
Nearly three dozen people who attended a recent children's event at a church in Arkansas have tested positive for the coronavirus, according to church officials.

Donald Shipp, a deacon at First Assembly of God church in Greers Ferry, about 75 miles north of Little Rock, told the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette that 34 people who attended the event in early March at the Cleburne County church had tested positive for the coronavirus, and that an unknown number of others were awaiting test results. LINK: Nearly 3 dozen who attended church event test positive for coronavirus

Go

Gosh.....me, age 9, younger brother, age 8 and my 7 year old sister had to wait in the 1965 VW Bus in the giant parking lot at the Commissary at Fort Dix for who knows or remembers how long.....felt like hours.....while my mother shopped inside for a family of 8.

“ Guess what car I’m looking at now”....games.

I know. Times have changed. Police would be called. Mom possibly charged for leaving kids unsupervised in the car. Having an employee supervise kids in cars is risky too. It’s really a unsolvable situation...unless stores can refuse to admit children and provide a way for Mom to order from home for curbside pickup. Not ideal either. Kids in hazmat suits? Just kidding.

GOVERNOR CUOMO
New York is fighting a war against this virus and we need all the help we can get.
On behalf of the family of New York, I'm deeply grateful to:
-@BollandBranch for hospital mattresses
-@Restore_Global for coveralls
-@Facebook and @Loreal for hand sanitizer
1/5
Thank you to:
-@SuburbanPropane for propane services
-@GoldmanSachs for masks
-@Wayfair for mattresses, linens, sheets & pillows for field hospitals
-@Walmart for use of parking lots & store facilities infrastructure
-@Keurig/@DrPepper for coffee/beverages for volunteers
2/5
Thank you to:
-@Niagara_Water for bottles of water
-@AmnealPharma for Hydroxychloroquine
-Long Island Ambulatory Surgery Center for a ventilator
-@Uniqlo for masks
-@Corning Life Sciences for centrifuge tubes and cryovials
-@NBCUniversal for medical supplies and PPE
3/5
Thank you to:
-The Office of @NewYorkStateAG for protective masks and gloves
-The Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities in NY (@CICU) for ventilators and PPE
-JUDY for N-95 masks
-@Huawei for N-95 masks, isolation gowns, medical goggles and gloves
4/5
I want to thank @rihanna and the Rihanna Foundation for donating Personal Protective Equipment to New York State.
We're so appreciative of your help and that of so many others who have stepped up.
5/5
Andrew Cuomo on Twitter
WOW!

SC GOVERNOR PRESSER....my notes

only 2,578 tests done in the state.

They only plan to test people with symptoms going forward.
No one will be notified if they are exposed in a work or public environment.
ICU bed usage is up 10% since Monday.
Thry put in a request for 160 additional ventilators and think its enough.

Why, oh why, did I think SC leadership would do the right thing?!? :mad: I was really hoping for a stay-in-place order. The governor is delusional or seriously uninformed! Why are they seemingly so confident that South Carolina will be spared? :eek:

Is it really that hard to stay home?? This in a city that is really taking off in terms of cases.

Police issue ticket for violating stay-home order after breaking up party at Detroit’s Rouge Park
Lol I was just thinking the same! I love love love my home.
No place I’d rather be. There’s always things that need cleaned or repaired, so I can easily busy myself.
Maybe a psychological aspect is involved???
I was even thinking about school closures, was it for naught? If the same kids are trapsing thru the stores, laughing sneezing touching grocery items, carts, contesting aisles, causing more work for the janitorial staff, etc., what was accomplished? Maybe teachers need to be inside a bullet proof shield like floor prison guards? Idk. Of course we still have to worry about bus drivers.
Moo

Trump keeps touting an unproven coronavirus treatment. It’s now being tested on thousands in New York. (Washington Post)

Jon Swaine
@jonswaine

We found that Mark Meadows, Trump's incoming chief of staff, contacted Zev Zelenko, the NY doctor whose covid-19 drug plan was promoted by Hannity this week. Meadows told Zelenko his plan was being evaluated. Here are some of Zelenko's recent FB posts:
Jon Swaine on Twitter

Yes, Trump and Cuomo are embracing the potential of this drug combination as "compassionate use". Cuomo is quoted as saying on Sunday "There's a good basis to believe they would work."

Edited for typo

GOVERNOR CUOMO
New York is fighting a war against this virus and we need all the help we can get.
On behalf of the family of New York, I'm deeply grateful to:
-@BollandBranch for hospital mattresses
-@Restore_Global for coveralls
-@Facebook and @Loreal for hand sanitizer
1/5
Thank you to:
-@SuburbanPropane for propane services
-@GoldmanSachs for masks
-@Wayfair for mattresses, linens, sheets & pillows for field hospitals
-@Walmart for use of parking lots & store facilities infrastructure
-@Keurig/@DrPepper for coffee/beverages for volunteers
2/5
Thank you to:
-@Niagara_Water for bottles of water
-@AmnealPharma for Hydroxychloroquine
-Long Island Ambulatory Surgery Center for a ventilator
-@Uniqlo for masks
-@Corning Life Sciences for centrifuge tubes and cryovials
-@NBCUniversal for medical supplies and PPE
3/5
Thank you to:
-The Office of @NewYorkStateAG for protective masks and gloves
-The Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities in NY (@CICU) for ventilators and PPE
-JUDY for N-95 masks
-@Huawei for N-95 masks, isolation gowns, medical goggles and gloves
4/5
I want to thank @rihanna and the Rihanna Foundation for donating Personal Protective Equipment to New York State.
We're so appreciative of your help and that of so many others who have stepped up.
5/5
Andrew Cuomo on Twitter
Impressive guy, steps up to the plate, takes charge, takes responsibility, acknowledges help from others, seems like he's on top of it. Confidence and direct words.

Coronavirus Live Updates: U.S. Now Has More Cases Than Any Other Country
As the House prepared to vote on a $2 trillion relief plan, unemployment data set a bleak record and hospitals struggled with an influx of sick patients and lack of equipment.

RIGHT NOW

At least 81,321 people in the U.S. are known to have been infected with the coronavirus, more cases than China, Italy or any other country has seen, according to data gathered by The New York Times.

Coronavirus Live Updates: U.S. Now Has More Known Cases Than Any Other Country

"Vladimir “Zev” Zelenko, a doctor in Monroe, N.Y., said in an interview that he was contacted by Meadows after posting an unsolicited video message to Trump on Facebook in which he told the president: “Please advise the country that they should be taking this medication."

This is completely unethical and should have never been responded to by lay politicians.
It should have been referred to the people at FDA and CDC.

How on earth can we have a cohesive practice to rid ourselves of this disease when non-scientists keep meddling in practices and outcomes.

Many scientists approve of these trials.

I think we can stop accusing China . Does anyone think it would have made any difference in how quickly our own countries put protocols in place if China had said they had 100,000 cases, or 500,000 cases? Good grief, we still have places in the US that haven't locked down and the beast is on their doorstep!
It would have made a BIG difference if China had admitted early on there was human-to-human transmission. Instead, they flat-out lied about it to the rest of the world.

JMO

https://nypost.com/2020/03/17/chinas-new-top-priority-spinning-coronavirus-and-blaming-the-us/
Chinese labs ID’d the new virus in December, but the regime ordered them to stop testing and quietly destroy their samples. Officials even squelched health care workers, like the late Dr. Li Wenliang, who tried to warn colleagues of the coming epidemic.

Li and others knew in December the virus was spreading through human contact. But the government publicly denied it until Jan. 20. The World Health Organization tweeted Jan. 14, “Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission.” Such lies helped the virus spread more quickly than it should’ve, as Wuhan authorities OK’d a potluck banquet involving tens of thousands of people.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=andy beshear governor&epa=SEARCH_BOX
50 new cases in KY, more labs will begin reporting, one elderly person from nursing home is positive, people found congregating at campgrounds in state parks (again, what part of this do parents not get), nursing home patient no longer in nursing home (presumably moved to hospital,moo), park and other congregation areas will be monitored, more, of course, at link, including: don’t treat a trip to the grocery as social hour.

Last edited:
I watched a few hours of a Mardi Gras live cam during it, and at the time, I was wondering a lot about how safe it was to be there amongst all the masses of people.

Some of the streets were so packed that people were bumping into each other. And of course the bead throwing from the upstairs porches had people scrambling and bumping into each other to catch the beads.

It would be sad now to learn that some of those that were there ended up catching the virus at that event.

ETA - If things are normal by next year, watching a live cam during it is quite entertaining. There is quite a few different live cams to choose from and it was very entertaining to watch. I almost hooked up the computer to the big screen TV because it was quite entertaining and I have never been there and really didnt know much about it other than the bead throwing and parades they have.

Watching MG gave me major anxiety, same as watching all of the Commonwealth activities in Britain.

Sorry if already posted:
Nearly 3 dozen who attended church event test positive for coronavirus
(SNIP)
Nearly three dozen people who attended a recent children's event at a church in Arkansas have tested positive for the coronavirus, according to church officials.

Donald Shipp, a deacon at First Assembly of God church in Greers Ferry, about 75 miles north of Little Rock, told the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette that 34 people who attended the event in early March at the Cleburne County church had tested positive for the coronavirus, and that an unknown number of others were awaiting test results. LINK: Nearly 3 dozen who attended church event test positive for coronavirus

Omg this is awful. So how many did these 34 transmit to?
How did so many ignore guidelines/news & ultimately gather?
This is disgusting, imo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back