Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
GEORGIA

"*Grab your tissues* The community showed up outside Coffee Regional Medical Center in Douglas, Ga., after the hospital confirmed a case of coronavirus. ICU nurse @kristendeen1 recorded as strangers gathered together, but apart, to support the staff. Love this. " @GoodDayAtlanta Natalie Fultz FOX 5 on Twitter

Natalie Fultz FOX 5 on Twitter

Woman, 73, dies from COVID-19 at Philadelphia nursing home

She was one of the eleven residents who tested positive in the 123-bed facility. Currently, there are 110 residents living in the facility.

A contracted employee who was last in the building on March 11th did tell the nursing home that he tested positive for COVID-19.

Officials at the nursing home are not able to determine if that person could have infected residents.

EUC2U_gXQAAbMV-

Here’s a photo from the above link. Glad to see it.

Remember Wuhan....packed hallways, lines around the buildings, dead bodies stacked in main waiting area..

Companies Plan to Boost Production of Controversial Malaria Drug as Demand Jumps
Watch what they do, not what they say:

Coronavirus: India won't export hydroxychloroquine drug Trump says is cure

India bans export of malaria drug Trump touted as coronavirus treatment

It's a generic drug with several manufacturers, including in the U.S. If it didn't show any promise, there would not be multiple clinical trials underway of it, of other drugs, of drug combinations.
Treatments for COVID-19: Drugs being tested against coronavirus | Live Science

At least five clinical trials are set to study hydroxychloroquine in Covid-19 patients, according to a note Sunday from Piper Sandler analyst David Amsellem. Experts say there is limited evidence, as yet, that the therapy is effective. Monday night, Evercore ISI analyst Umer Raffat distributed an abstract of an unpublished Chinese trial of hydroxychloroquine in patients with mild Covid-19 that appears to have had disappointing results. According to Raffat, the study found that 87% of patients on hydroxychloroquine experienced virological clearance by day 7, compared with 93% of patients in the control arm.

Still, generic manufacturers have already made commitments to ramp up production of hydroxychloroquine. In her note, Fadia wrote that Amneal Pharmaceuticals (AMRX) has said it will make 20 million pills by mid-April, Mylan (MYL) could provide 50 million pills using the ingredients it has available, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries (TEVA) will ship 6 million pills by the end of March and more than 10 million in total within a month. Novartis (NVS) subsidiary Sandoz has said it will donate 130 million doses if the drug is approved for Covid-19 patients, Fadia wrote.

All told, according to Fadia’s numbers, that would be enough doses for more than 6.7 million patients.

Companies Plan to Boost Production of Controversial Malaria Drug as Demand Jumps

Last edited:
All reporting from communist or hostile nations should be reviewed with Extreme skepticism!
None of these countries have Ever been honest.
We're acquiring the real numbers now.
I'm sure the USA is quickly acquiring data and running their own numbers.
Yes, we absolutely need more testing.
That is happening.

Most people in my profession agree that China is not reporting accurately. In fact, that's probably an understatement. China wants the world open for business as well. I'm not saying that they are deliberately underreporting, but they had cases in all areas of China a week ago and those did not just simply go away. Someone was exposed to those people.

China's figures have been almost unchanged for 5 days. They had 85,000 and increasing exponentially - and then, perfectly flat? Nope, I don't buy it. They're watching the rest of the world and they'll put out their new data when it makes sense to them. Wuhan is obviously through the worst of it (3287 deaths). We have 1200 deaths. This indicates that we've tested more broadly than the most serious cases, whereas China tried to reserve testing for the truly serious cases, at least at first.

China is probably not using confirmational tests on people who obviously have CV19 (symptomatic, in contact with a deceased person) or only using to protect front line personnel.

UK...NEIL FERGUSON....remember the guy who supposedly changed his forecast today? Here is his response.

1/4 - I think it would be helpful if I cleared up some confusion that has emerged in recent days
. Some have interpreted my evidence to a UK parliamentary committee as indicating we have substantially revised our assessments of the potential mortality impact of COVID-19.

2/4 -This is not the case. Indeed, if anything, our latest estimates suggest that the virus is slightly more transmissible than we previously thought. Our lethality estimates remain unchanged.

3/4 - My evidence to Parliament referred to the deaths we assess might occur in the UK in the presence of the very intensive social distancing and other public health interventions now in place.

4/4 - Without those controls, our assessment remains that the UK would see the scale of deaths reported in our study (namely, up to approximately 500 thousand).

neil_ferguson on Twitter

Custodian at NYPD headquarters is department’s first coronavirus death

Dennis Dickson, 62, of Brooklyn, was hospitalized Tuesday, and died at Kings County Hospital Thursday.

Dickson was at work as recently as Sunday, and possibly Monday as well.

Dickson, whose job included disinfecting areas of the 15-story police headquarters in lower Manhattan, worked for the NYPD for 14 years.

The President's press conference today, was confusing to me.

1. Only a few people will really get sick.
2. "Everyone" wants to go back to work.
3. Based on some "new" model, COVID19 is really no big deal, nothing to see here.

Did anyone get the same impression?

Meanwhile, Montana has been doubling every day, we are at 90 cases today, and "Stay At Home" until April 10th.

NYC

NYC coronavirus case update as of 5 p.m.:
365 fatalities, 29.89% increase from 281 deaths as of 8:45 a.m.
23,112 confirmed cases citywide
4,243 in the Bronx (18%)
6,095 in Brooklyn (26%)
4,046 in Manhattan (18%)
7,362 in Queens (32%)
1,330 on Staten Island (6%)

4,720 people have been hospitalized for coronavirus in NYC as of tonight — or 20% of the 23,112 confirmed cases

Anna Sanders on Twitter

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mel M
Back