Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is a good article.

"India banned exports of a malaria drug backed by U.S. President Donald Trump amid a run on supplies globally, even as preliminary findings emerge that the medication isn’t better than regular care in the treatment of the coronavirus."

Now think about what we have heard said about this drug.

The preliminary finding, above, is from the Chinese small study. It was not one in which it was given along with the azithromycin however.

But here is their conclusion:
"The researchers concluded that additional studies using larger numbers of patients are needed to fully investigate the drug’s risks and benefits."

So they did not decide against studying the drug further.

There was another study done in France:

Hydroxychloroquine, particularly when given with the antibiotic azithromycin, was put in the spotlight following a controversial, small study of about 40 patients hospitalized with Covid-19 in France. In that study, the drug appeared to help clear the virus from their bodies, based on samples taken from nasal swabs. Experts have criticized the design of the study, calling it interesting but far from definitive.

And it reportedly has been used successfully in So Korea. Here is an anecdotal case:
People across US say anti-malaria drug helped them recover from COVID-19 | Daily Mail Online

Daniel Dae Kim took to Instagram on Saturday evening to give followers an update on his COVID-19 diagnosis, after coming forward with his diagnosis on Thursday

Kim's personal physician prescribed him a 'drug cocktail' that consisted of the antiviral medicine TamiFlu, the antibiotic Azithromycin, a Glycopyrrolate inhaler, and the antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine.

Though all of the medicines worked in conjunction to aid in Kim's healing process, the actor stated that hydroxychloroquine was the 'secret weapon.'

According to Kim, the drug 'has been used with great success in Korea in their fight against the coronavirus'.

These trials may show that this drug is not effective. In the mean time, it is being given to people in need, and some of them believe it saved their lives. I am OK with that.

5BD0C708-BF9F-4A82-9748-F065BB4056C4.jpeg

Coronavirus: final testing of Hong Kong dog’s blood concludes it was infected

Final testing has confirmed that the 17-year-old Pomeranian revealed as the first dog to catch the coronavirus was infected because antibodies were found in its blood, according to Hong Kong’s animal welfare authority.

Final testing confirms Hong Kong dog was infected with coronavirus

Benny the dog (pictured above) has sadly passed away.

Does anyone know if Tamiflu injections (stale dated from H1N1 times) could be helpful for COVID19??

Bit of a long shot, I know, but if altered, it should just be less potent, no??

My GP let it slip that he had purchased tamiflu for his family, as his children were young.

I remember telling him that I wasn't about to die from H1N1 for want of a prescription.

Think I have three shots of it tucked away in a drawer. Could it be useful now, even if past its date?

from a daily mail article:

Kim's personal physician prescribed him a 'drug cocktail' that consisted of the antiviral medicine TamiFlu, the antibiotic Azithromycin, a Glycopyrrolate inhaler, and the antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine.

Though all of the medicines worked in conjunction to aid in Kim's healing process, the actor stated that hydroxychloroquine was the 'secret weapon.'

According to Kim, the drug 'has been used with great success in Korea in their fight against the coronavirus'.

People across US say anti-malaria drug helped them recover from COVID-19 | Daily Mail Online

The preliminary finding, above, is from the Chinese small study. It was not one in which it was given along with the azithromycin however.

But here is their conclusion:
"The researchers concluded that additional studies using larger numbers of patients are needed to fully investigate the drug’s risks and benefits."

So they did not decide against studying the drug further.

There was another study done in France:

Hydroxychloroquine, particularly when given with the antibiotic azithromycin, was put in the spotlight following a controversial, small study of about 40 patients hospitalized with Covid-19 in France. In that study, the drug appeared to help clear the virus from their bodies, based on samples taken from nasal swabs. Experts have criticized the design of the study, calling it interesting but far from definitive.

And it reportedly has been used successfully in So Korea. Here is an anecdotal case:

Daniel Dae Kim took to Instagram on Saturday evening to give followers an update on his COVID-19 diagnosis, after coming forward with his diagnosis on Thursday

These trials may show that this drug is not effective. In the mean time, it is being given to people in need, and some of them believe it saved their lives. I am OK with that.
Unfortunately there are millions of people in other parts of the world who use this medication for what its designed....malaria.

"Pres Trump is saying @NYGovCuomo is off base to say NY state needs 30,000 ventilators."
Yamiche Alcindor on Twitter
Trump said, “I have a feeling that a lot of the numbers that are being said in some areas are just bigger than they are going to be. I don’t believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators”

I've said that twice now myself. I cannot figure out where Cuomo is coming up with these numbers.

Epidemiologist: Coronavirus deaths in the US could peak in 3 weeks
A leading epidemiologist advising the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has estimated the peak of deaths in the US coronavirus pandemic will be three weeks from now, after which “most of the damage will be done,” and says it may be possible to only isolate the vulnerable, allowing many back to work.

[...]

It will be like turning a faucet off and on. And of course, we need to know how long people shed the virus before they're cleared to work with vulnerable populations or relatives of vulnerable populations.

I heard tonight that Kia on the west side of the state closed the facility....
There is still one more place that is hiding secrets. Fingers crossed that they are exposed soon.
This is wrong on so many levels!
When the tests come back, I should see some movement.
I hope!!
I know several people have turned them in to the health dept because they have out right lied about positive employees.
Moo

Thursday's major coronavirus updates:
-USA: +16,980 cases, +256 deaths
-Spain: +8,271 cases, +718 deaths
-Germany: +6,615 cases, +61 deaths
-Italy: +6,153 cases, +712 deaths
-France: +3,922 cases, +365 deaths
-Iran: +2,389 cases, +157 deaths

BNO Newsroom on Twitter
-Global: +60,099 cases, +2,764 deaths

Any idea why I'm checking this site with 83K in the US and the big difference? I must of missed it. tia

Coronavirus Update (Live): 531,864 Cases and 24,073 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkbuchanan1983
Back