Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There’s a ton to unpack there. The red tape (bidding rules and regulations) doesn’t help, but there’s no time to waste.
There is also the issue of an in-law involved, who wears many hats and questionable qualifications. I don't think it goes over the line to point out that some things just aren't good practice in government, and the consequences stand out more in an emergency. Agreed. No time to waste at all.

UK...NEIL FERGUSON....remember the guy who supposedly changed his forecast today? Here is his response.

1/4 - I think it would be helpful if I cleared up some confusion that has emerged in recent days
. Some have interpreted my evidence to a UK parliamentary committee as indicating we have substantially revised our assessments of the potential mortality impact of COVID-19.

2/4 -This is not the case. Indeed, if anything, our latest estimates suggest that the virus is slightly more transmissible than we previously thought. Our lethality estimates remain unchanged.

3/4 - My evidence to Parliament referred to the deaths we assess might occur in the UK in the presence of the very intensive social distancing and other public health interventions now in place.

4/4 - Without those controls, our assessment remains that the UK would see the scale of deaths reported in our study (namely, up to approximately 500 thousand).

neil_ferguson on Twitter

Wow. That is inconsistent with what the article quoted him as saying. Maybe he was selectively or misquoted.

Baffled to the maximum. Why would communities with guns, have lower cases of this virus?
I do not see the correlation. Between gun ownership and infections.
Herat, I appreciate your posts. Can you please expand on why you think this?

I think it's meant as a joke, or semi-joke...sort of like out of the old Westerns...to dissuade outsiders from rollin' into town with their germs...JMO.

UK

"As promised, here is the updated figure with data from yesterday. You can see how the UK epidemic is closely following Italy's, with a 14-15 day lag and the same doubling rate. We need a national lockdown by Monday just to be as badly hit as Italy. Time is running out".#UKlockdown

Inigo Martincorena on Twitter
Inigo Martincorena on Twitter

Attachments

• IMG_20200326_233358.png
    IMG_20200326_233358.png
    230.8 KB · Views: 6
I don't think it was the same drugs, but it is still insane to think fish antibiotics will cure Covid 19. Labels said Penicillin, Amoxicillin, Keflex. Generic.
I told her it was dangerous, and whatever she does don't give them to anybody else either. I think she believed me. I told her people died.

It isn't a fish antibiotic, it is a chemical to clean fish tanks (with no fish in the tank.)
Like every other prescription drug, dosage is critically important because too much of any prescribed drug can kill you. The country is also in the middle of an epidemic of opiate overdoses that started out via wide-spread prescription usage.

Clinical trials of all prescribed drugs are needed so data can be gathered to determine effectiveness to enable physicians to make informed decisions about whether to prescribe it. All that exists now is anecdotal evidence. That isn't enough to satisfy the FDA.

JMO

https://nypost.com/2020/03/20/city-hall-didnt-order-covid-19-supplies-for-nyc-until-march-6/
"Mayor Bill de Blasio has blamed President Trump for the city’s severe shortage of COVID-19 supplies even though City Hall didn’t secure its first order for emergency protective gear until March 6, The Post has learned.

Officials with the city’s Office of Emergency Management tried to purchase nearly 200,000 n95 masks on Feb. 7, but weeks later they learned the vendors had already run out.

It was not until March 6 and March 10 — over two months after the coronavirus outbreak first hit China — that they finally secured the first emergency procurements of masks and hand sanitizer, according to the city comptroller’s office.

“Our city is the epicenter of this outbreak in the United States, and we are lacking supplies because the mayor didn’t notice until two weeks ago?” fumed City Councilman Chaim Deutsch.

“We ought to have been prepared for this. Blaming Trump is an easy way to avoid hard questions, but it exposes a distinct lack of management on the part of this administration,” the Brooklyn Democrat said.

A City Hall spokeswoman said on Feb. 7, the city’s Office of Emergency Management tried to purchase nearly 200,000 N95 masks, but regular vendors had already run out. She added that the Health Department had already stockpiled 19 million surgical masks and said there have been no payment delays."

more at link

It isn't a fish antibiotic, it is a chemical to clean fish tanks (with no fish in the tank.)
Like every other prescription drug, dosage is critically important because too much of any prescribed drug can kill you. The country is also in the middle of an epidemic of opiate overdoses that started out via wide-spread prescription usage.

Clinical trials of all prescribed drugs are needed so data can be gathered to determine effectiveness to enable physicians to make informed decisions about whether to prescribe it. All that exists now is anecdotal evidence. That isn't enough to satisfy the FDA.

JMO
The poster was actually talking a friend who bought fish antibiotics.

Attachments

• ScreenshotCapture_2020_03_26_23_38_38_317.jpg
    ScreenshotCapture_2020_03_26_23_38_38_317.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 11
  • ScreenshotCapture_2020_03_26_23_39_02_920.jpg
    ScreenshotCapture_2020_03_26_23_39_02_920.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 8
  • ScreenshotCapture_2020_03_26_23_39_32_177.jpg
    ScreenshotCapture_2020_03_26_23_39_32_177.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 7
  • ScreenshotCapture_2020_03_26_23_39_50_319.jpg
    ScreenshotCapture_2020_03_26_23_39_50_319.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 5
I have discovered a now bulging split inside the front driver's side tire on my wife's BIG white Ford serial killer van. It is causing bad vibrating at any speed over 40 miles per hour.I now have to get up in the morning , go sit around with a bunch of possibly diseased strangers for God only knows how long, and spend a small fortune on a new set of tires( We were gonna try to let these go another 5,000 miles hopefully)......... Woe is me. It has been nice knowing yall.....:(..........Take care.....moo

Last edited:
Other than my own family, this is my personal nightmare. I'm a Long-Term-Care Ombudsman; for those that aren't familiar with the term in this context, I'm a resident advocate for nursing homes and assisted living facilities, and in the State of Florida. We advocate for resident rights. Right now, in Florida, we can't visit the residents unless it's an end-of-life situation, though I'd be afraid to even then. We can work telephonically, if somebody needs help with something now, but we can't just go in and wander around talking to anybody who wants to talk back and keeping our eyes out for anything concerning that people may be unwilling or unable (think dementia) to tell us.

These are real people, some of whom don't have relatives to visit with them anyway. The lives they have led, the stories they can tell are so precious. I want so much to make sure all of "my" residents are okay. This is devastating.
Thank you so much for the important work that you do!

He needs to put a stop to this price gouging. It is illegal.

But there is no established price to tooling up a new factory. Existing factories can't make enough.

I do think there should have been invocation of that War Production Act, but instead Washington went a different way (wasting time) Of course it's expensive to hire experts and build production. I agree it sounds like too much - but what else is new?

USNS Mercy will use LA World Cruise Terminal to help during coronavirus crisis – Daily Breeze
The USNS Mercy hospital ship, meant to relieve overburdened hospitals as the number of novel coronavirus cases continues increasing, will arrive at Los Angeles World Cruise Terminal in San Pedro around 9 a.m. Friday, March 27, L.A. City Councilman Joe Buscaino said Thursday.
But, Buscaino said, the L.A. region is expected to eventually have a hospital bed shortage of 17,000.

“The Mercy alone is not going to cut it,” he said. “We’re going to need 17 more Mercy ships” up and down the California coastline.
--------------------------------------------
(L.A. is going to get really bad. Public officials know it. The 1000 bed hospital ship arriving here proves it.)

I have discovered a now bulging split inside the front driver's side tire on my wife's BIG white Ford serial killer van. It is causing bad vibrating at any speed over 40 miles per hour.I now have to get up in the morning , go sit around with a bunch of possibly diseased strangers for God only knows how long, and spend a small fortune on a new set of tires( We were gonna try to let these go another 5,000 miles hopefully)......... Woe is me. It has been nice knowing yall.....:(..........Take care.....moo
Here is what my friend did at Firestone a couple days ago. She wrote down what she needed done, on a post it, with her cell number...and put it on the ignition key---went inside briefly and handed it off.

then she went out to her friend's car--who had followed her there...she waited for their call- they discussed what she needed, 2 back tires, and she sat in car w/friend while they finished her car up.

Then she just had to give them her card number over the phone, and they wrote her receipt and emailed her....she then got in her car and drove home....:)

This plan would require Mrs. 22 to follow you in another vehicle....you could make it a date, like the good ol days...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mel M
Back