Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Coronavirus: Firefighters to deliver food, drive ambulances and retrieve bodies

Coronavirus: Firefighters to deliver food, drive ambulances and retrieve bodies
Members of the fire and rescue service are going to receive training in driving ambulances and retrieving bodies.

Firefighters will be able to deliver food and medicine, drive ambulances and retrieve bodies to help the UK get through the coronavirus pandemic.

Fire service bosses say a new agreement between their various organising bodies reflects the "scale of the national crisis and the urgency of the response required".

It comes as the number of people in the UK to have died with coronavirus reached 584 on Thursday, with almost 12,000 people infected.

Coronavirus: The celebrities donating millions to help during pandemic

Coronavirus: The celebrities donating millions to help during pandemic
Angelina Jolie, Ryan Reynolds and Roger Federer are among the stars supporting medics and food banks dealing with coronavirus.

For every bored celebrity putting out a heartfelt or, um, hilarious home-alone video during lockdown, there's another star doing something to help.

Dozens of famous faces are donating to good causes as the coronavirus pandemic grows.

Here's how celebrities have been supporting charities and fundraising efforts.

Coronavirus: Councils in England 'asked to house all rough sleepers by the weekend'

Coronavirus: Councils in England 'asked to house all rough sleepers by the weekend'

Councils in England have been asked to house all rough sleepers - and those in hostels and night shelters - by the weekend, a charity says.

Crisis, which supports homeless people, revealed the "unprecedented" move was made in a letter sent to all local authorities on Thursday.

The government has yet to confirm the announcement.

A housing department official reportedly wrote to homelessness managers and rough sleeping coordinators: "As you know, this is a public health emergency.

"We are all redoubling our efforts to do what we possibly can at this stage to ensure that everybody is inside and safe by this weekend, and we stand with you in this.

I don’t understand any parent or guardian exposing their children or anyone else, if other arrangements can be made. My understanding when schools closed, it was to keep children home/safe, and prevent transmission. Jmo maybe I missed something.
It is incredibly sad to think how many grocery workers will end up sick or dead, yet they are showing up for work. Can the public not respect them? Moo
Where I live children and teens are running around in groups all day long, playing basketball, climbing fences to get into neighborhood pools and hot tubs, high school kids are driving around hooting and hollering. And I live in a quiet, nice neighborhood on a lake. The other night I saw a group of teenagers drive by leaning out of a truck knocking down signs. There is no hunkering down at all, more like running wild. What is strange is it’s not like this during the summer. It’s like a snow day on steroids.

Every time I walk my dogs along my condo trail, unsupervised children as young as three run up wanting to pet them (natural for children, but where are the parents?)

Last edited:
I can’t anymore with the cable news salivating over this 24/7.

Host “So is the worst thing you’ve ever seen?”

Guest “”Well, it’s certainly bad...”

Host “But doesn’t it have the possibility of being the worst thing you could imagine? Can we even predict the thousands that will die? Maybe millions?”
Plus every obscure Doctor that has ever wanted to be on TV is giving their opinion on some TV channel of some kind constantly.......Good morning. Pass the coffee, please................moo

'Some young people end up in intensive care': Health chief says *everyone* needs to social distance

(Ireland)

THE DEPARTMENT OF Health’s Chief Medical Officer Dr Tony Holohan has advised people of all ages to follow official guidelines about Covid-19.

There have been numerous reports of people gathering in crowds and failing to adhere to social distancing (staying at least two metres away from other people) despite repeated warnings.

Speaking at the Department of Health’s daily coronavirus briefing, Holohan said this is “an ongoing challenge, not just for young people but in general if people perceive themselves as being at low risk to the outcome of the infection”.

Holohan warned that there have been many cases of young people needing to be hospitalised because of Covid-19 and, in some cases, dying.

Opinion - There are lots of posts on all sites and some News articles that misspell the term " Martial Law" a lot....... All I have to say about this is........" Marshall, Marshal, Martial..................!" When does the do-nut delivery person show up here this morning ?............................moo

Opinion - There are lots of posts on all sites and some News articles that misspell the term " Martial Law" a lot....... All I have to say about this is........" Marshall, Marshal, Martial..................!" When does the do-nut delivery person show up here this morning ?............................moo

As an editor, one of my favorites was when they spelled it “marital”! :rolleyes:

The OP copied just the past 16 days data of total cases and total deaths and is not saying that the pandemic lasted just 16 days. The data actually goes back to the very first documented cases and this is just part of it.

It might have been easier to understand the data if the OP had also shown the total new cases and total new deaths from one day to the next, but it's pretty basic math from what was provided. You just have to look at the difference between one day and the day before.

So no, it definitely is not a 16 day pandemic that ended with a boom.

Yeah, sorry for any confusion, I only started tracking China specific numbers on March 16th. Sure they had cases from day one that built up to the number on March 16th. Indeed, the point of the post was that China's "reported" numbers have leveled off. So, they either have solved the pandemic in China, the pandemic has run it's course, or their numbers are not accurate.

For the record, I vote, lying/not accurate :)

In fact, China reports 5 deaths from yesterday, to today. FIVE.

Councils in England have been asked to house all rough sleepers - and those in hostels and night shelters - by the weekend, a charity says.

Crisis, which supports homeless people, revealed the "unprecedented" move was made in a letter sent to all local authorities on Thursday.

The government has yet to confirm the announcement.

A housing department official reportedly wrote to homelessness managers and rough sleeping coordinators: "As you know, this is a public health emergency.

"We are all redoubling our efforts to do what we possibly can at this stage to ensure that everybody is inside and safe by this weekend, and we stand with you in this.

‘By the weekend’. That’s today. We’ll see.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back