Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
CDC on Twitter
Has #COVID19 put your work life or school life on hold? Use this pause to get prepared for possible community spread. Start with a plan for your home. #TogetherApart
EUDA4qQXkAEjAgY.jpg

11:58 AM - 26 Mar 2020

There is a good checklist at their link: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

CALIFORNIA

Coronavirus will make California's affordable housing problems worse, experts say
California already faced a shortage of more than 1 million homes for low-income families before the novel coronavirus hit. And now many advocates, economists and politicians say the pandemic is only going to make the situation worse.

[...]

“There’s all these households that are one paycheck away from not being able to pay their rent,” said Carolina Reid, faculty research advisor at UC Berkeley’s Terner Center for Housing Innovation. “Well, now that paycheck is gone. And there’s no prospect for when that paycheck is coming back.”

[...]

In Coronavirus, Industry Sees Chance to Undo Plastic Bag Bans
They are “petri dishes for bacteria and carriers of harmful pathogens,” read one warning from a plastics industry group. They are “virus-laden.”

The group’s target? The reusable shopping bags that countless of Americans increasingly use instead of disposable plastic bags.

The plastic bag industry, battered by a wave of bans nationwide, is using the coronavirus crisis to try to block laws prohibiting single-use plastic. “We simply don’t want millions of Americans bringing germ-filled reusable bags into retail establishments putting the public and workers at risk,” an industry campaign that goes by the name Bag the Ban warned on Tuesday, quoting a Boston Herald column outlining some of the group’s talking points.

[...]

BBM: Reusable bags have already been disallowed at my local grocery store.

FLORIDA

Coronavirus in Florida: 2,300+ cases statewide and over 600 in Miami-Dade
  • Florida now has 2,355 confirmed cases.
  • Miami-Dade County has the most cases in the state with 616.
  • There have been 28 deaths as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
  • The # of cases is expected to continue climbing as testing increases.
  • FL lawmakers want DeSantis to enforce a statewide shelter-in-place order.
  • Trump on Wed approved DeSantis’ request to declare Florida a disaster area, making Florida eligible for federal aid.

They are “petri dishes for bacteria and carriers of harmful pathogens,” read one warning from a plastics industry group. They are “virus-laden.”

The group’s target? The reusable shopping bags that countless of Americans increasingly use instead of disposable plastic bags.

The plastic bag industry, battered by a wave of bans nationwide, is using the coronavirus crisis to try to block laws prohibiting single-use plastic. “We simply don’t want millions of Americans bringing germ-filled reusable bags into retail establishments putting the public and workers at risk,” an industry campaign that goes by the name Bag the Ban warned on Tuesday, quoting a Boston Herald column outlining some of the group’s talking points.

[...]

So they better be prepared to give me brown paper bags for my groceries.

I am not taking those ever-polluting plastic bags

Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban, More to Perform From Home for ACM Awards-Replacing TV Special
The show, 'ACM Presents: Our Country,' will feature appearances from John Legend, Shania Twain, Sheryl Crow, Tim McGraw, Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani and more, plus a tribute to the late Kenny Rogers.
The Academy of Country Music and Dick Clark Productions announced Thursday the star-studded performance lineup for ACM Presents: Our Country. The show will air during the time slot previously scheduled for the Academy of Country Music Awards, which have been postponed to Sept. 16 due to the coronavirus pandemic.

[...]

So they better be prepared to give me brown paper bags for my groceries.

I am not taking those ever-polluting plastic bags
We have the choice of paper or plastic and I should also have said this; we can bring reusable bags in for use but the staff cannot touch them, so you have to bag your own groceries if you want to use them. MOO

My local Kroger won’t even allow returns to be brought in, they have a sign on the door.

[...]

SAN FRANCISCO

Coronavirus: San Francisco reports most new cases yet, 2nd death
San Francisco on Thursday reported its largest increase in confirmed cases of COVID-19 to date and that another person who has died from the respiratory illness.

Health officials announced 45 new positive tests, bringing the city and county’s total to 223, the second-most in the Bay Area. On Wednesday, it surpassed San Mateo County, whose total grew on Thursday to 195.

[...]

Drew Brees pledges $5 million to Louisiana in 2020; plans to deliver 10,000 meals per day

In an announcement on his social media platforms, Brees indicated he and his wife, Brittany Brees, are committing $5 million to Louisiana in 2020.

"The priority now is helping our communities get through this tough time," Brees said in an Instagram post Thursday morning. "After considerable research and conversations with local organizations, we will be mobilizing our partnerships with Second Harvest Food Bank, Ochsner Health Systems, Walk-Ons, Jimmy Johns, Smalls Sliders and Waitr to prepare and deliver over 10,000 meals per day throughout Louisiana for as long as it takes to children on meal programs, seniors, and families in need.”

"Let's all do our part, maintain hope, and get through this together."

Smh......a plumber friend sent me a text from local local Lowe’s. Kids running all around the garden center, touching this, that & all things reachable. Do some people feel exempt, entitled or are they ignorant to the news? All three?

FLORIDA

Florida reaches 2,355 coronavirus cases
As of Thursday morning, there are now 2,355 Florida-related coronavirus cases, a number that includes 28 deaths and an undisclosed amount of people who have tested positive for COVID-19 and have since recovered.

That number is up 378 cases compared to 6 p.m. Wednesday, which is the last time an update was released by the Florida Department of Health. At that time, the total was 1,977.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenzie201
Back