Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #38

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How long after I start to feel better will be it be safe for me to go back out in public again?

We don't know for certain. Based on research that has detected viral genetic material in patients several weeks after they've recovered from COVID-19, it is safest to assume that you may be contagious for weeks after you recover.

This is comforting :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Coronavirus Resource Center - Harvard Health

How long after I start to feel better will be it be safe for me to go back out in public again?

We don't know for certain. Based on research that has detected viral genetic material in patients several weeks after they've recovered from COVID-19, it is safest to assume that you may be contagious for weeks after you recover.

In thinking about how we normally catch colds and the flu, I bet its similar where as soon as people start to feel better to be able to come to work, they do. And yet they are probably still contagious and spreading the colds and flus to workmates and everyone else around them for a couple weeks after getting better.

If any of you have the chance to watch Don Lemons later, please do. He has a woman/man married couple. She’s an MD & the husband a surgeon. The surgeon is only seeing emergency calls. They are living separately in their home and agree they will both get Covid, their goal is to get it at dif Xs so someone is home with the children.

@Tillicum what are you taking? Also, do you feel you were for sure exposed? I hope tomorrow is better.
I'm not taking any meds now. I don't know of anyone I was exposed to. My husband was sick a month ago so maybe I got something from him. We've been in the same house while I've been sick and he hasn't come down with it. It's crazy we never get sick.

Especially in certain sectors, imo. We’ve all had one job where calling in was not an option, or that important meeting.
In thinking about how we normally catch colds and the flu, I bet its similar where as soon as people start to feel better to be able to come to work, they do. And yet they are probably still contagious and spreading the colds and flus to workmates and everyone else around them for a couple weeks after getting better.

Yeah, and might explain 10% testing positive again.

That's something that I've been concerned about. My son is fairly certain that he was infected shortly after he arrived in Melbourne, and is completing his 2 weeks isolation after returning home - 6 days to go. He didn't fully understand the situation until he did the online test.

He is still coughing, but he's well. He has not been tested, but has spoken with health authorities who told him to continue doing what he's doing. I don't know when I can see him again in a normal way. He's moving in with friends when his isolation is over, but he needs his bed from my house. I have to put it outside for him because he and his friend cannot come into the house to pick it up. My house is virus free and I can't take a chance. What strange times we live!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biph