Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boris Johnson revealed fears over lack of ventilators after coronavirus diagnosis, Trump says
"Boris Johnson revealed his fears about a lack of ventilators in a telephone call to Donald Trump, the US president has revealed.

The two leaders spoke within hours of the prime minister being diagnosed with coronavirus – and amid fierce criticism of his failure to take up the EU’s offer to jointly obtain the life-saving equipment."
-----------------------------------
"The call came after Brussels ridiculed the UK’s claim that a communications mix-up explained its decision not to join an emergency EU scheme to procure ventilators and other desperately needed equipment.

Ministers were at meetings when the offer was made, the EU pointed out – fuelling criticism that ministers put "Brexit over breathing", even as Covid-19 cases soared."
---------------------------------------------
"The NHS has only 8,000 ventilators – when 30,000 are likely to be needed – and only a further 8,000 are expected to be ready before the predicted peak of the epidemic, in mid-April.

Mr Trump told a press conference: “We can help the UK – Boris Johnson specifically."
------------------------------------------------
"“But they want ventilators, Italy wants ventilators, Spain wants ventilators, Germany wants ventilators.”
-------------------------------

Mr. Trump: those figures from UK (UK with 8,000 ventilators when they need 30,000) reflect the needs of NYC, and would be multiplied many, many times over regarding the needs of our own states.

Just talked with a friend, a friend of hers was notified by her auto dealership of possible exposure. The woman had taken car in for oil change/tire rotation. Evidently she’s freaking out, because the check in clerk & mechanic both handled her keys/car & the woman has been to a multitude of places (stores) after oil change.

Small victory here at home. I found a chocolate bar in the back of the bread drawer. I took half and left hubby half. Biggest decision today is what time to have my shower. 4 p.m. is temp check time. Hubby playing solitaire on his laptop. Oh and what pr. of jammers to change into from the ones I am in :p

This reminds me of stories from WWII of families who were starving, eating tulip bulbs and animal food. When it was announced that the war was over, little sweets and treats magically appeared from hidden stashes that had been saved for this day.

I've put away the Easter treats I bought for the little grands. ;)

Boris Johnson revealed fears over lack of ventilators after coronavirus diagnosis, Trump says
"Boris Johnson revealed his fears about a lack of ventilators in a telephone call to Donald Trump, the US president has revealed.

The two leaders spoke within hours of the prime minister being diagnosed with coronavirus – and amid fierce criticism of his failure to take up the EU’s offer to jointly obtain the life-saving equipment."
-----------------------------------
"The call came after Brussels ridiculed the UK’s claim that a communications mix-up explained its decision not to join an emergency EU scheme to procure ventilators and other desperately needed equipment.

Ministers were at meetings when the offer was made, the EU pointed out – fuelling criticism that ministers put "Brexit over breathing", even as Covid-19 cases soared."
---------------------------------------------
"The NHS has only 8,000 ventilators – when 30,000 are likely to be needed – and only a further 8,000 are expected to be ready before the predicted peak of the epidemic, in mid-April.

Mr Trump told a press conference: “We can help the UK – Boris Johnson specifically."
------------------------------------------------
"“But they want ventilators, Italy wants ventilators, Spain wants ventilators, Germany wants ventilators.”
-------------------------------

Mr. Trump: those figures from UK (UK with 8,000 ventilators when they need 30,000) reflect the needs of NYC, and would be multiplied many, many times over regarding the needs of our own states.

He wants to send ventilators to the UK?!?!?

I hope so too and that may be one of the few positive things that results from all of this.

Hopefully some of our changed behaviors to keep ourselves germ free will have long term positive effects to prevent other normal communicable illnesses.
I only think i had the flu once..back in 1987 or so.... but I never really washed my hands well either...I am even putting hand sanitizer in my nose before I enter any closed store/area. (sounds weird..but if you think about it, I think everyone should be advised to do it) There are going to be some little silver linings in this...and I think you are right...colds and flus should come down.

I only think i had the flu once..back in 1987 or so.... but I never really washed my hands well either...I am even putting hand sanitizer in my nose before I enter any closed store/area. (sounds weird..but if you think about it, I think everyone should be advised to do it) There are going to be some little silver linings in this...and I think you are right...colds and flus should come down.

I think putting hand sanitizer in your nose is a bad idea without someone saying it is ok. If it is harmful, the last place you want to be these days is a doctor's office or emergency clinic.

"Some of those who retested positive appear to be asymptomatic carriers — those who carry the virus and are possibly infectious but do not exhibit any of the illness's associated symptoms — suggesting that the outbreak in Wuhan is not close to being over." Mystery In Wuhan: Recovered Coronavirus Patients Test Negative ... Then Positive
COVID19 on Twitter
I believe this is why the best news today is the possibility of that 15-minute test. EVERYONE is going to have to get tested.. and for a while, after we come out of the worst, before getting on airplanes, trains, work gatherings. What if a percentage of people are nothing but carriers.,

Can anyone answer this:

Some states are not including positive cases in daily updates IF said cases were tested by an out of state lab.
KY is such a state. My question/s will these cases ever be counted?
Jmo, I’d rather walk the streets of NYC than my hometown, for this reason: word spreads, especially with presumed positives left to inform their contact list. A lot of us in my town “hear” things & trust our sources.
So when we hear of a particular place of employment having more than a few cases, but in daily updates the count excludes that county, it is very misleading.
Another question, anyone here feel a mfg plant employing 8k+, not cpu ting vendors, truckers, etc., has ZERO cases?
Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member