Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's so funny! That's like the religious people in Iran licking public things because they believed it would protect them.
Why is it religious organizations are defying reality? Hobby Lobby, churches in LA and FL, OH, PA, Liberty University? Would God really have wanted so many good people to get sick or die?

Well, score for Kali & Co. Went to our little town's hardware store to look for veggie plants. Found out they had a delivery this morning. Managed to get 75% of what I wanted plus my soul of preference. Yay for me!
Also, we have a grocery store here called The Grocery Outlet. Great prices. They had a delivery yesterday, and stocked their shelves.
I got a cart full of groceries and produce for $110.
We are now seriously stocked for this pandemic.
I portioned and froze lots.
Could not get near the bank though. The lines were too long.
I did however, fill up my gas tank. I was the only one there at the time.
I wore disposable gloves for each outing. I never got within 6 feet of anyone. Nobody coughed or sneezed near me. Most people were wearing masks of one sort or another.
Haven't seen that before.H
*** At the grocery store parking lot, a man was selling masks out of the boot of his car. Two for $20.00.
Too far away to see what kind.
Crazy. I'm pooped.
We've rehired one of great servers to become a delivery person for our restaurant starting next week. No contact deliveries. We'll supply her with gloves, masks and pepper spray.
I may actually sleep through the night tonight...
Wonderful good news!

We had a short walk today. Everyone respecting distance. When home we grabbed 2 lawn chairs and called MIL that we would be there in 5 min. We met her at the back. She stayed up on her deck and we were in our lawn chairs on the lawn probably 30 ft. away. It was a nice visit. We folded up our chairs and put them in her detached garage for next time. It can be done. Safely.
If I had come from the past, and read this post..I'd have absolutely no idea what you were saying.

Fact check: Trump, Pence stumble over clinical details while touting coronavirus treatments

[...]

Trump mentioned anti-malaria drugs that are being tested as potential treatments, saying that the clinical trials are “having some good results,” even though public health officials say the results are months away.

Moments later, Vice President Mike Pence said the Food and Drug Administration had “approved” a new method to test the coronavirus, even though the FDA only granted emergency authorization for the test, which requires a much lower standard.

Facts First: Both comments overstate the medical realities a bit. For Trump, he has repeatedly touted and expressed unbridled optimism about the drugs, even without conclusive scientific data to back up his claims. For Pence, he oversold the FDA’s confidence in the new Covid-19 test.

[...]

... “And the big news, of course, over the last few days was that the FDA, once again, in near record time, has approved an antibody test developed by Cellex,” Pence said.

This isn’t quite accurate. The FDA uses very specific terminology about medical drugs, tests and equipment, and the FDA would likely disagree with the notion that it “approved” the test. These terms are important, as medical professionals need clarity to be sure their use of these items is safe for every patient.

[...]

Coronavirus live updates: Cases top 1 million globally - CNN
Seems to be nitpicking to me. JMO.

Exactly. People are saying she is being underused. Just give her time. She will help with the overflow NY needs. Also into question is how to decontaminate the ship the from the virus and I agree that this is a serious issue. Look at what happened on the cruise ships. I also live in Norfolk and I was at a friend's house and looked out on the Chesapeake Bay and said there is the Comfort setting sail for NY. I tried to upload the pic, but the file is too large. She will do her job and she will be a great asset for NY now and to whatever city later.

Perhaps they will start doing some of the elective surgeries, and I think Chemo/radiation would be good, too.

Unless it is a plastic surgery for cosmetic reasons, it is hard to have an elective surgery postponed.

Why is it religious organizations are defying reality? Hobby Lobby, churches in LA and FL, OH, PA, Liberty University? Would God really have wanted so many good people to get sick or die?
I don't know why a very small number of churches are defying quarantine.

I don't know why Home Depot is open for lawn and garden purchases while Hobby Lobby is ordered to be closed.

And.... I have no idea why spring breakers partied until the very end- some of them might, just might... not be religious conservatives.

My baby sister is a Respiratory Therapist at a hospital outside of Denver,Colo.
I talked with her yesterday. The hospital she works for is beginning to see patients with the virus.
She has had to set up and monitor the ventilators for patients with the virus.
I worry she might become infected with this virus.
But what she is doing is important for everyone.
She is my hero!

As are all the health care workers, firefighters and law enforcement,
fighting a enemy that we can't see but we know it's there.
Your sister is a hero to many! I appreciate everyone doing the best at their jobs. I can relate to your fear as my younger sister is an RN. I am being her support, mostly as a listener. Our sisters are lucky to have us for support!

United States Tennis Association says people should not be playing tennis right now

The United States Tennis Association (USTA) said it believes that when it comes to playing tennis, "it is in the best interest of society to take a collective pause from playing the sport we love."

"Medical advisors believe there is the possibility that the virus responsible for COVID-19 could be transmitted through common sharing and handling of tennis balls, gate handles, benches, net posts and even court surfaces," the USTA statement said Friday.

Coronavirus live updates: Cases top 1 million globally - CNN

Yes, add baseball, basketball and golf (handling flag stick, etc.)

In our area, they roped off entrances to little league baseball fields and soccer fields, took down the basketball hoops and tennis nets and closed all golf courses throughout the state.

I don't know why a very small number of churches are defying quarantine.

I don't know why Home Depot is open for lawn and garden purchases while Hobby Lobby is ordered to be closed.

And.... I have no idea why spring breakers partied until the very end- some of them might, just might... not be religious conservatives.

Hobby Lobby is not an essential business.

Home Depot is open because construction contractors and the like are considered essential.

Gardening is booming at this time. Nurseries, greenhouses, landscape architects, garden centers and even public farmers' markets are open for business as long as they follow federal guidelines, such as limiting gatherings of people, maintaining social distancing and following other safety protocols to the fullest extent possible.

Many garden centers, greenhouses and nurseries deemed 'essential' businesses'

Your sister is a hero to many! I appreciate everyone doing the best at their jobs. I can relate to your fear as my younger sister is an RN. I am being her support, mostly as a listener. Our sisters are lucky to have us for support!

My brother is a nursing professor. He called me this afternoon to tell me he was tested and he has it. His wife is a dialysis tech and when she called her work to tell them she has to quarantine, her boss said NO, you have to come in. She declined. I don't want my brother to die. He is not hospitalized, sol I guess that is a good sign,

Home Depot is open because construction contractors and the like are considered essential.
I understand why Home Depot is open.

I just don't understand why Home Depot is open for lawn and garden purchases. Are you sure that lawn and garden purchases from home depot are "essential"?

I mean, I can see seed and seedling purchases (maybe, as they can be mail ordered.) But... most people when I went were very interested in roses and ornamental plants.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member