Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been one of the most difficult struggles with this virus. Last night my husband and I were forced to have a family meeting. My 2 teenage girls just weren’t getting it. So we told them everything. How even tho children aren’t getting sick doesn’t mean that don’t have the virus that they could in fact be the ones carrying it to their parents and grandparents. We had to tell them more and more people in our age group are dying from this. No doubt we scared them last night. But parents have to have that talk with their teenage kids they just don’t know otherwise. They aren’t watching the news. They are in their own little worlds and all they see are healthy friends.

Young COVID-19 patient: 'See my face'

COVID-19 strikes anyone regardless of age. Infants and teenagers have died from COVID-19.

Actually a family of 5 would be a greater risk, imo. Say mom & dad work & shop daily, maybe a teen works part time & the two younger children play around in their hood.
Evening cones and the 5 are united. Then, each one is essentially exposed to everyone the others self exposed to.
Jmo hypothetical, etc.

say 4 persons wanted to ride out the next month together & all 4 get stocked up on what they need today. Then none of them are in a public venue for 14 days, they should be safe then to move in together. We have several posting that used this method, iirc. The key is to be able to trust your circle, imo.
But if they go out to stock up they are not self isolating and could pick it up without knowing. This is how it manages to spread itself. Only one person would need a random contact and to touch their face when they are out.

I'm not sure that this would be allowed under our UK rules.
Idk how anyone can prevent it, actually. We are under stay at home directives, but few oblige. As far as directives to not travel across state lines, it is allowed for a host of reasons. So, essentially, it is allowed. Anyone wanting to travel can invent a reason, should they be questioned. Idk how there’d be a situation for questioning unless stopped for a traffic violation. Even then, its not like they are going to jail. Jails want people out, not brought in.
During our earlier PCs we had the “what about the constitution” questions thrown at Gov’, even a reporter asked “you can’t actually enforce?” Iirc he then said he encouraged the right behavior. If I wanted to drive to Ohio or IN right now, I’m able. If stopped for speeding and asked about travel, all I have to say is I’m checking on a friend in Clevelsnd.

Woman survives coronavirus, says survivors should do this one thing
''ATLANTA - The coronavirus acts differently in everyone. One Atlanta woman says she washed her hands often, hadn’t traveled in months, but still tested positive for the virus, after showing few symptoms of the disease.

Thirty-one-year-old Jennifer Koncul looks healthy because she is.''
''After having fought off the virus, Koncul says she wants you to do three things if you feel sick:
  • -Have a plan in place for where you can get tested before you get sick
  • -Monitor symptoms check temper daily, even if you feel fine
  • -Donate plasma after recovery, so doctors can find a vaccine as quickly as possible.''

But if they go out to stock up they are not self isolating and could pick it up without knowing. This is how it manages to spread itself. Only one person would need a random contact and to touch their face when they are out.
Right, I meant go home alone and begin 14 days of isolation. Then, get together. Or, if they have plenty of food and are now at or beyond 14 days, get together today, for how long they like. Then they can socialize, cook & eat together, watch TV, play cards, etc., just like a family.

It is the running from house to house, kids playing in groups, dads at the golf courses, mom at grocery, then all getting together that is the issue, moo. Too much interaction in subdivisions, from what I hear.

Pennsylvania firefighters discover massive underage party amid coronavirus lockdown

Talk about really irresponsible. They could potentially spread COVID-19 to more people.

The most dangerous thing in this pandemic is pure damned ignorance, and unfortunately we continue to see it displayed in every state it seems. How shallow minded, and pure selfish. This type wont give up anything in order to protect themselves, and others.

Why these people dont get it astounds me. How many have to get the virus or how many thousands have to die here before they get it into their thick heads?

These, and so many others just like them are a major part of the problem why it will continue to spread. Its painfully obvious no one can fix stupid. Stupid is as stupid does.

Too bad LE cant charge everyone for being stupid. During this time by the many displays of stupidness I guess our jails would be full by now.

I think a large part of it is most of them have never had to make any personal sacrifices for anyone else in their entire lives, and it continues to show. Gah!

How so many can be so self absorbed, and downright dangerous to others I will never understand, but its infuriating how selfish so many are in the worst time of our, and their lives too.

And the worst thing is it will continue by countless others who act like idiots who dont seem to possess one ounce of any common sense. Instead as usual it's all about them, and their wants. Ugh.

Jmho

Last edited:
Despite stay-at-home orders, 6 out of 10 are on roads

I still take my pups for their daily run, swim in the creek and car ride. It is amazing how many people are having drive-way reunions. We drive through a few neighborhoods (my pups have fan clubs - people waving to them). I think the car ride is okay because we never get out of the car, just cruise through the neighborhood. I am so glad I went to Walmart on Friday even though i had a panic attack. I would hate to be waiting in line with others. From now until my state peaks, I am not stepping in a store (at least I hope I don't have to step in a store).

You folks are truly wonderful.

I shopped on Friday as well. I think I have enough to go for several weeks.

Everyday I am grateful for Webslueths and the heads up to prep.

I knew this would be bad, but I didn't think it would be this bad. I thought with technology, greater medical understanding, just better educated citizens it wouldn't get as bad as 1918. Boy, was I wrong.

ITA. I just got snippy with people on my little town's FB page cause they were posting about going to buy flowers/plants. NOT ESSENTIAL. My Dad is currently dying in hospital alone because no visitors are allowed because of this virus. My Dad will die alone without his wife, kids and grandkids there to hold his hand, kiss his cheek, and comfort him. My Dad will die afraid and panicked because of this virus. I am deeply offended that people are STILL going out for non-essentials!

Hugs LadyL.

Young COVID-19 patient: 'See my face'

COVID-19 strikes anyone regardless of age. Infants and teenagers have died from COVID-19.
Yes of course there are some cases. But I can tell you working at a children’s hospital we aren’t seeing children hospitalized with it. At least not yet. It’s the whole reason we r facing upcoming layoffs.
Here are the latest numbers by age group in Virginia. So the majority of teens aren’t seeing the impact among their friends. At least not yet. But they have to be taught by their parents that that risk is increasing daily. Things are changing daily. Moo
Coronavirus

Attachments

• 13E8D3CF-B71B-4B9C-B116-9DEBD1F78421.png
    13E8D3CF-B71B-4B9C-B116-9DEBD1F78421.png
    192.9 KB · Views: 24
  • E530F74A-7378-4581-B8A6-8B5F92AA7B90.png
    E530F74A-7378-4581-B8A6-8B5F92AA7B90.png
    192.9 KB · Views: 21
Good morning everyone.

This is the easiest mask pattern yet. Moo.

How do you make your own face mask? 2News Mary Nickles shows you
Omg! You are so helpful!! I can't find any fabric around my house not even an old pillowcase. I had cleaned out everything and donated to the animal shelter and so forth months ago. I was just looking around all morning at patterns and the needed fabric. I should be able to find a few t shirts my family can use! Made my day!

And the worst thing is it will continue by countless others who act like idiots who dont seem to possess one ounce of any common sense. Instead as usual it's all about them, and their wants. Ugh.
the longer this lasts, the more of this I expect. Especially with the warm temps.
I know some disagree, but I think the delivery of info from your daily briefing has a lot to do with public obedience.
Our governor prefers to spend 30 minutes on average advising us to wash our hands & showing us sidewalk art by bored children. How does that convey the seriousness of Covid? Now, some like his conferences, just as some prefer to get their news (?) from SM. I prefer to get the local facts. Sidewalk art is not unique, imo, it is the norm.
All moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members