Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well in my 25 years of nursing I never thought i’d see the day my job was at risk. Especially during a pandemic, but it just got real on Friday. We have all been mandated to take 1 week leave between today and June 13th. There is an incentive to resign by April 30th in place. And in 10 weeks there will be a reassessment with lay-offs being the next step to a resolution of a financial crisis. So now not only do I have to worry about our empty beds taking COVID overflow in the next couple of weeks I have to worry about job security in the next 10 weeks. And continue to pray we all stay healthy.

My goodness, this seems like pure insanity.

@Sundog thank you SO much for taking the time to give me your personal insight and perspective. I am so happy to hear about the progress being made in China with the help of new animal rights groups! A huge thank you to you, your friends and all of the activists working hard towards helping end the needless suffering of animals!

I wish I could take some credit, but I am only in China for a short time every year, and it is really those on the ground in China who continue to make a difference. The animal rights movement in Beijing and the north part of China was really started by a young American in his mid-20's who was working for a company in Beijing and spoke fluent Mandarin, and he started to work on trying to create something akin to the Humane Society which was unknown to that part of the world. He worked tirelessly, and I was able to find out about him and though he was initially focused on saving dogs, he tried to help me find a home for two kittens that were abandoned and found near the apartment complex where we were living. He was amazing. We weren't successful in find long term homes for the two kittens, but we were able to find them a home for a few months, until they could get rabies shots and then we had to fly them back to the U.S.

Thanks for your kind note, though, I appreciate your caring about this cause in China, as many of us do.

Tech firms summoned over 'crackpot' 5G conspiracies

These are more Covidiot crackpots we are having to deal with.

Queen to urge 'self-discipline and resolve'

The Queen will be speaking to the nation later today.

From the article

"In a rare speech, she will acknowledge the grief, pain and financial difficulties Britons are facing during this "time of disruption".

She will also thank NHS staff and key workers, and emphasise the important role individuals can play.

Her address will be broadcast on TV, radio and social media at 20:00 BST.

The Queen is expected to say: "I am speaking to you at what I know is an increasingly challenging time.

"A time of disruption in the life of our country: a disruption that has brought grief to some, financial difficulties to many, and enormous changes to the daily lives of us all."

_111165274_cps_web_banner_top_640x3-nc.png

She will add: "I hope in the years to come everyone will be able to take pride in how they responded to this challenge.

"And those who come after us will say that the Britons of this generation were as strong as any.

"That the attributes of self-discipline, of quiet good-humoured resolve and of fellow-feeling still characterise this country."

The message was filmed by a single cameraman wearing protective equipment, with all the other technical staff in another room.

It will be intended to reassure and rally people, BBC royal correspondent Nicholas Witchell said.

The decision to deliver the address has been made "in close consultation with Downing Street", he added. "

HRH is a class act.
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:

Not a huge surprise. Probably problematic in several cities. Let prisoners out - expected results. Prime time to invade when someone is hospitalized. Unexpected that the NYPD and FDNY have so many cases.

Burgulary? Call law enforcement. No response or response time huge. This is the new world order.

My son had to go to the ER for an ongoing issue that isn't COVID-19, nor respiratory. I'm frantic. He has asthma, his wife is pregnant and they have toddler who will turn 2 under quarantine.

He called the ER to ask, they referred him to a nurse line and the nurse line told him to go immediately to the ER. The waiting room is closed and nobody is allowed in except the patient. No PPE - they told him they are only allowed to use PPE if there is a positive or presumptive diagnosis. They took very good care of him. Urinalysis, blood work, X-ray, ultrasound. The results that we were hoping for, followed by IV antibiotics and a prescription that he ran through the drive-through before going home.

We have positive results here, and some are in this hospital, but we don't have so many that people are terribly alarmed, and many many many people are in Walmart and Lowes daily. I'm very, very frightened.

My son had to go to the ER for an ongoing issue that isn't COVID-19, nor respiratory. I'm frantic. He has asthma, his wife is pregnant and they have toddler who will turn 2 under quarantine.

He called the ER to ask, they referred him to a nurse line and the nurse line told him to go immediately to the ER. The waiting room is closed and nobody is allowed in except the patient. No PPE - they told him they are only allowed to use PPE if there is a positive or presumptive diagnosis. They took very good care of him. Urinalysis, blood work, X-ray, ultrasound. The results that we were hoping for, followed by IV antibiotics and a prescription that he ran through the drive-through before going home.

We have positive results here, and some are in this hospital, but we don't have so many that people are terribly alarmed, and many many many people are in Walmart and Lowes daily. I'm very, very frightened.
I'm sorry you are frightened, but so glad your son got good care and was able to go home. Best to him for quick recovery.

When he gets home tell him to strip his clothes throw them directly to wash and jump in shower. Don’t touch anything till then. Then Clorox wipes to phone and all door knobs, light switches, Remotes, car steering wheel.
Hope he is feeling better soon.

My goodness, this seems like pure insanity.

Other sectors of the workforce are going to be going in this direction as well. The Ohio Governor announced a probable 20% budget cut, and froze all hiring. Our university is looking at voluntary severance packages for faculty, as there was already an enrollment shortfall this spring and a mid-year budget cut. We are asked to model budget cuts for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2o20, of up to 20%.

Not a huge surprise. Probably problematic in several cities. Let prisoners ou
t - expected results. Prime time to invade when someone is hospitalized. Unexpected that the NYPD and FDNY have so many cases.

Burgulary? Call law enforcement. No response or response time huge. This is the new world order.

If you go to the city website where I live in Ohio, there is a statement about what kind of calls the police will or will not respond to. It says that for car accidents, they will only respond if someone needs medical attention. If a burglary, they will only respond if the burglar is still at the house.
Other examples. Kind of scary, to say the least.

It's projected that Oregon will need 133 ventilators on it's peak date of May 5. They currently have 762 ventilators.

Unless the projections are terribly wrong Oregon will have plenty of ventilators. JMO

IHME | COVID-19 Projections
I am glad to hear that, and I appreciate their generosity to NY.

I'm sorry you are frightened, but so glad your son got good care and was able to go home. Best to him for quick recovery.

If you are frightened, look at the numbers. Compare virus to total population. Any time I double check that number, it’s about .03% of the population of the USA as of April 1, 2020, I get better. The chances are MINIMAL based on numbers, that you will catch this virus. Do everything to stay away from possible infection sites and actions. Of course, that’s critical, but the numbers are positive that MOST OF US will survive this pandemic without a medical incident.
As for TP? You’re on your own.

Governor Cuomo presser 4-5-20/ 11:00am

Facts:
*74% of those hospitalized have been discharged.

**Deaths down for first time - hopeful for shift.

***Data shows we could be near Apex.

Comments:
Life is options. But we don't have any options, so we get in a situation and do what we have to do. Have to balance patient load between all the hospitals. And daily supply sharing. Javit's Center = 2500 beds will be up and running.

Rolling deployment better to be national deployment - shift and balance based on need of the country. Federal stockpile is not enough for NY, IL, CA, LA, WA, FL, etc.

Thanks to state of Oregon again. People have been so beautiful in response to us. New York will be there for you with personnel and equipment.

Fed Gov't deploying 1000 medical personnel to NY, 325 to NYC hospitals. Thank you.

Thank you to administration of healthcare system and frontline workers.

Cabin Fever:
Isolation, mood swings, resentment of people around you and those in authority. It threatens the Constitution..."to insure domestic tranquility..."
*Positive interventions - running with my daughter and the dog.
*Historical perspective. Find a generation that has had a better overall situation than where we are now, a generation that hasn't had a challenge to deal with.
*This is going to be over. Vaccine! Treatments! Antibody treatment!
*Rapid testing will restore normalcy more quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties