Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Facebook feed was full of parents asking if it was 5 yet at 9am . LOL

I am not wot worried about my teens since they are both on honor roll but so many parents are struggling and only 5 teens out of 40 showed up to my google meet class. I see so much " I don't care" and I cringe at how many students will be lost academically in the Fall.
I wouldn't be surprised if this caused a shift to year-round school. Every student in the country is going to be behind, and it will be even worse if there are more waves and social isolation during the next school year.

Coronavirus cases among children have been documented, but according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, these cases are rare.

What's more, children don't appear to develop fever and cough — two common symptoms of the illness — as often as adults.

The CDC report, published Monday, looks at data from 149,082 cases of COVID-19, the illness that results from coronavirus infection, in the U.S.

All cases were reported from mid-February through April 2. Less than 2 percent of those cases (2,572) were reported in children and teenagers under 18.

Of those pediatric cases, one third of the cases involved older teens, ages 15 to 17. About 15 percent of the cases were in babies less than a year old.

Slightly more than half of the cases were in boys.

Hospitalization data was available for less than one third of the total pediatric cases, and of those, 147 children were hospitalized.

Three children included in the analysis died, though investigators need to confirm the cause of death.

The findings for children are not a surprise, and are "largely consistent with a report on pediatric COVID-19 patients" ages 16 or younger in China.

https://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/pediatrics/early/2020/03/16/peds.2020-0702.full.pdf

Coronavirus in kids is rare and mostly mild, though serious cases can happen

U.S. coronavirus deaths now over 10,000

The death toll in America's ongoing struggle against the coronavirus pandemic surged past 10,700 on Monday night, according to an NBC tally.

There have been at least 10,742 fatalities from COVID-19 and more than 363,434 positive tests of coronavirus in the 50 states, District of Columbia and U.S. territories.

Fact check: Were the early coronavirus tests 'obsolete'?

Here's a wise Prime Minister. She's shutting the country down for a month. She's not letting any more people die on her watch. And she gets extra points for not being flanked by political cronies during the press release. Who stands with her? Just someone standing 6' away signing for the hearing impaired.

Hats off to PM Jacinda Ardern.

Coronavirus: New Zealand announces lockdown
New Zealand is preparing to enter a month-long nationwide lockdown from Wednesday night. All public venues will close, as will most shops except supermarkets and chemists.

The move came after the number of cases of Covid-19 in New Zealand rose past 100.

In an address to the nation the Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said she was 'not willing to put the lives of her citizens in danger.'

New Zealand enters near-total lockdown

I have read multiple articles from Doctors that dogs do not get covit-19. I pray they are correct, because my dogs aren't going anywhere!!!

I read reports of chinese people getting rid of their pets (to put it nicely) for that reason, fear of them being spreaders. It might be true. For instance, we were told at first not wear masks (it won't help they said) so we would not stock pile them and first responders can have them. Now it turns out it is highly suggested to use them. Now if you take that same idea but with pets, I have read articles that stated pets cant spread it. They could have told us that because they didn't want to end up with a bunch dead animals or shelters being filled to the max. I am curious about this, I sound like a conspiracy theorist but I am actually not, I am going by the example of the masks. I would see on the news pictures of other countrys wearing them and I thought it weird that we were being told not to cause they don't help the spread. On another note, I don't drink but a little escapism would be nice. I will turn off the news for awhile I guess so have a drink for me for those of you who indulge.
One more thing, Boris Johnson kind of freaked me out because he is a big public figure it became realer for me today.
Jmo I will look for links to back up my rant

just got back from grocery trip - mods: I thought we had a grocery tips etc. thread but can't find it - if this is in the wrong thread, sorry
all the usual stuff is sold out but we did snag some toilet paper
I'm worried though cause we're running out of lysol wipes and hand sanitizer
like how long does it take to make these items - it seems like they've been sold out forever
no vitamin C anywhere
Walmart doing the one out/one in and had a lineup - all customers in line looked like they were social distancing
we left and went to Metro - no line up there
Shoppers Drug Mart had two self-checkouts if you were playing with plastic and one for cash only

Here's a wise Prime Minister. She's shutting the country down for a month. She's not letting any more people die on her watch. And she gets extra points for not being flanked by political cronies during the press release. Who stands with her? Just someone standing 6' away signing for the hearing impaired.

Hats off to PM Jacinda Ardern.

Coronavirus: New Zealand announces lockdown
New Zealand is preparing to enter a month-long nationwide lockdown from Wednesday night. All public venues will close, as will most shops except supermarkets and chemists.

The move came after the number of cases of Covid-19 in New Zealand rose past 100.

In an address to the nation the Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said she was 'not willing to put the lives of her citizens in danger.'

New Zealand enters near-total lockdown

that's the kind of leadership we all need IMO

I am kind of wary to order from Amazon-- their employees are not happy
and i wonder about steps they are taking to protect their employees which
impacts their customers--also it seems deliveries are a lot slower

Amazon also has a blog you can check out. Other topics listed below are noted as "Popular Today."

-Amazon’s COVID-19 blog: daily updates on how we’re responding to the crisis

-Update on how we’re protecting employees

-Response to recent events

-Alexa and Amazon Devices COVID-19 resources

Under protecting employees:

A message from Dave Clark, Senior Vice President of Worldwide Operations at Amazon April 02, 2020

"Amazon associates and partners working in our operations network and data centers are among the many heroes of the COVID-19 crisis. Whether it’s fulfilling orders in one of our fulfillment centers, delivering an order to a customer’s doorstep, or one of the many roles in between, I couldn’t be more proud of the critical role our teams are serving by enabling people to stay safe at home while receiving the products they need.

Nothing is more important to us than making sure that we protect the health of our teams, and we’ve been working around the clock since the early days of the outbreak to make changes to our processes and procure the necessary supplies for this. To date, we’ve made over 150 significant process changes to ensure the health and safety of our teams. We’ve shared details on the safety precautions we’ve taken to date on the Day One Blog, and today, I want to give an update."

Update on how we’re protecting employees

Amazon’s COVID-19 blog: daily updates on how we’re responding to the crisis

Last edited:
I have read multiple articles from Doctors that dogs do not get covit-19. I pray they are correct, because my dogs aren't going anywhere!!!
Neither is my darling puppydog!
I think cats might get it too, but my cat is not going anywhere either.
No! Neither are mine.They are part of my soul.

It would be interesting to know how this virus is affecting meth addicts. Meth use basically crystallizes the inside of the lungs, and also affects the lungs of babies in utero of meth addicts.

Not stating that every young person who dies of COVID19 is a meth addict, but it is definitely something that should be noted.

COVID-19: Potential Implications for Individuals with Substance Use Disorders

How are everybody’s elderly and perhaps alone neighbors doing? Reach out to them. See what they need. Help hook it up. I’m reaching out to mine with positive results.

Secondly, if people have N95 masks, may I please recommend getting these to your local health workers, check it they need them, they likely do, imo. These are the people who need them most. They are fighting this battle for us. We are fighting a common enemy. No one is safe until we are all safe. (All WHO quotes)

Even if you have a few masks, those help imo moo. They are on the front lines treating this disease risking themselves hours on day in high viral loads moo.

I’d like to see a second round of a drive like this:

Mar 22:
Drive for PPE, other supplies set for Sunday at Empower Field at Mile High in fight against COVID-19

ETA:

Think of how many health workers you could give masks to if you stay home more and give them some of your masks moo. Jmo

I’m tired of sitting around. Let’s get to work. Let’s help get our health workers PPE. Every small action makes a difference.

Last edited:
It would be interesting to know how this virus is affecting meth addicts. Meth use basically crystallizes the inside of the lungs, and also affects the lungs of babies in utero of meth addicts.

Not stating that every young person who dies of COVID19 is a meth addict, but it is definitely something that should be noted.

COVID-19: Potential Implications for Individuals with Substance Use Disorders
And what about the people that vape? Are they affected adversely? I remember when young people’s lungs were hurt by vaping but it seems to have faded IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseCherami