Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fact check: Does blood type A make you more likely to get coronavirus?

Maybe we are not "doomed". This article states that it is too early to tell if Type A blood is more susceptible to Coronavirus.

I don't know, there is so much that they don't know about this disease.

Wasn't it the ACE2 receptors in the lung that were the hot topic last week?

Type A blood is the hot topic this week.

Clearly, we are dealing with a 10,000 piece jigsaw puzzle and have only recognized a couple of small pieces.

A very close friend that lives and works in China and has been after me to get WeChat for a long time. I would never do it as it is so heavily monitored. Sounds like folks are somewhat getting around it...but not totally...they still know who you are.

It seems WeChat was a HUGE form of communication in the initial days when this first started happening in China. I recall from early Wuhan videos this was a major source of communication amongst residents as to what was happening in their areas. It was amazing to watch the Chinese people becoming more outspoken as a society, going against the communist government and fighting hard for the right to freedom of press and free speech. I could see things changing before my eyes...communism never anticipated social media moo. Of course they were scrubbing it and scrubbing it.

Which brings me to the point there are still 4 missing whistleblowers out of China who so far have not surfaced. I wonder what the people of China are saying now to their governments about these people. If anyone has any updates on Chen Q, Fang Bin, etc, please post. China and the whole world have been waiting for them to re-emerge. Chen Q was supposedly taken off to quarantine.

@Tadpole12 and @JerseyGirl , any news on this? I wonder how they’re trying to explain away CQ. What are they claiming happened to these people? What are the people of China saying?

Last edited:
I can’t get Dr. LW out of my head.

image.axd

Coronavirus kills Chinese whistleblower ophthalmologist

200203152718-wuhan-coronavirus-doctor-bed-full-169.jpg

Wuhan hospital announces death of whistleblower doctor Li Wenliang - CNN
Ahhh.....I was thinking of him today as I perused thread #1

My 40 year old son (banker) just told me he's yelling at all their customers because they're getting too close to him. He said they all look at him like he's crazy. This from my calm, level headed son :(

This placing of patients on their front to aid their breathing, is this a normal procedure for patients with pneumonia, lung or oxygenation problems?
If you have ever been sounded by a Dr. when you have had a chest cold etc. they concentrate on sounding you from your back. We think of our lungs as being in the front.

Last edited:
“Of the 12 patients in the study with eye issues, seven had epiphora. Not euphoria, which would be something completely different, but epiphora. Epiphora is excessive tear production. We’re not talking “did Rose just have to let Jack go in the movie Titanic” tear production, but rather an abnormal overflow of tears to the point that they are streaming down your face. If your significant other has epiphora when you flash him or her an “I heart you” sign, you may want to contact a doctor. Epiphora results when either your lacrimal glands produce an unusually large amount of tears or your tear ducts are blocked by inflammation, preventing proper drainage. For one of the patients in the study, epiphora was actually the first symptom of COVID-19 that the patient had noticed.

Eight of the patients had chemosis, which is inflammation and swelling of your conjunctiva. Your conjunctiva is the transparent lining that covers the front of your eyeball and the inside of your eyelids. Normally, you shouldn’t be able to see your conjunctiva, unless you have super-vision or are exceedingly small and can see the very fine blood vessels that course through your conjunctiva.

Three had conjunctival hyperemia, which is increased blood flow to your conjunctiva causing them to appear red. And seven of the patients had eye secretions. None of patients had experienced blurring of their vision though.“

-more at link
These Eye Problems Could Be Symptoms Of COVID-19 Coronavirus

—-

'Pink Eye' Often a Symptom of COVID-19

Colorado

Coronavirus pandemic in Colorado has peaked in models, but state officials say worst is still to come

““We are confident our peak has not hit,” Jill Hunsaker Ryan, who leads the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, said in conference call with reporters.

BBM / what a wide date range:

The number of coronavirus cases in Colorado is expected to peak sometime between May 8 and Sept. 14, depending on the effectiveness of social-distancing measures such as the statewide stay-at-home order, according to modeling released by the health department.

However, the widely shared national model by the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation predicts Colorado reached its peak for hospital bed usage on Saturday. The model, which assumes “full social distancing” through the end of May, estimated that on Saturday, Colorado needed 133 ICU beds and 113 ventilators — just a fraction of the resources currently available in the state.”
More at link

—-

Colorado coronavirus latest, April 7: State explores buying a fleet of refrigerated trucks

“Third Colorado Avalanche player tests positive for COVID-19

A third Colorado Avalanche player has tested positive for COVID-19, according to a statement distributed by the NHL.

"The player is in self-isolation and has not had close contact with any other Avalanche players or staff members," the statement reads.

Eight total NHL players -- including five Ottawa Senators -- have now tested positive for the novel coronavirus.

None of the professional hockey players with COVID-19 have been identified by name.

[...]

State explores buying a fleet of refrigerated trucks

9Wants to Know has learned Colorado is preparing for a possible high death count as the virus that causes COVID-19 continues to spread.

“There may still be many deaths from COVID-19, and we need to be prepared for that,” said Ian Dickson, a spokesperson for CDPHE.

The state is currently talking to companies to buy about 10 refrigerated trucks that would transport bodies from hospitals.

Dickson confirmed the state’s plans over email on Tuesday.

“We haven't settled on a vendor yet,” said Ian Dickson. “...we hope that using them won't be necessary,” he added.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member